• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Change by Disney

OK I'd like a little advice...we have a party of 6 in a AoA family suite for 7/22 - 29. Already have our park reservations, also have a backup hotel reservation at Doubletree Disney Springs. Would you call and try to get relocated or wait until they contact you? Any clue where we'd be moved considering there's a limited number of rooms that can do 6?
Doubletree has extended their closure until August 1st. It is no longer a backup. I received an email from the manager and he is holding off cancelling my backup until I have something else in place (which I do now but it will take a few days to show up).

Tomorrow is going to be absolute hell on the phones. I would wait until Thursday afternoon if I were you. Maybe around 3 eastern... unless you get lucky on one of the advertised numbers. I waited almost seven hours on regular hold... almost three to get a regular CM and an additional almost 4 for guest services. I'd called on the "secret" line over 200 times with no luck. Finally around 5:30 I tried the "secret" line again and got right through.

In my case it didn't matter because my situation couldn't be resolved. Hopefully they put you in a two bedroom somewhere or two adjoining rooms in Pop. I would not be all that picky at this point. If they want to put you in Saratoga and you get a two bedroom I would go for it even though that's not normally my thing.

October here. Booked trough a TA. Supposed to be in POR. originally booked for last March, moved to May due to closing and got free dining, moved to October due to closing and lost free dining. POR now closed in October. Suspect we’ll be in a dumpster with a parking lot view. Hoping no upcharge.
We have a second stay at POR we just didn’t have the energy to move today(and was so happy with our July results). I’ll be the fiery dumpster right next to you

I spent several hours off and on today on hold to change my TA booked reservation. We had two rooms at ASMo 7/25-7/29. We were very quickly offered two rooms at Pop and even saved just over $100 across the two rooms. Works for us! We booked a value and other than a campsite, could only go up 🤣

CM did say they are expecting the Skyliner to be open!!!!

Had 3 nights (7/18-21) at BWI in a garden view room. Gave up and went with standard view 1 bed at BWV for $400 extra total. The original BWI rate included Sun & Fun. We are already at BWV in a studio on rented points from 7/12-18. No studios at BWV or BCV. I probably could have moved to SSR or OKW studio, but I was just beaten down after Monday mornings park reservation shenanigans and redialing for the hotel move constantly. Plus, hubby was willing to pay extra to not really have to move hotels. On the bright side, I am probably breaking even with the rented DVC savings, and we have never stayed in a 1 bedroom.

I spent several hours off and on today on hold to change my TA booked reservation. We had two rooms at ASMo 7/25-7/29. We were very quickly offered two rooms at Pop and even saved just over $100 across the two rooms. Works for us! We booked a value and other than a campsite, could only go up 🤣

Same dates! From All Star Rabble to Pop Peasants! 8-)

OK I'd like a little advice...we have a party of 6 in a AoA family suite for 7/22 - 29. Already have our park reservations, also have a backup hotel reservation at Doubletree Disney Springs. Would you call and try to get relocated or wait until they contact you? Any clue where we'd be moved considering there's a limited number of rooms that can do 6?
I'd go ahead and call. Our family is there 7/21-7/29 but our first 4 nights are dvc. Last 4 were at ASMo (2 rooms) and we were moved to Pop (2 rooms). Two rooms at Pop would give you a similar amount of space, still two bathrooms and you'd actually gain a bed since you'd have 4 beds at Pop vs. 2 beds/1 sleeper sofa at AoA.

ETA: They may try to offer you the FW Cabins. Unless you are okay with 1 bathroom for your party of 6, I'd not accept that. If they offer you a 2 bed villa anywhere, I'd accept that! You'd have even more sleeping space and 2 bathrooms :)

Last edited:

Happy to see this! I've been hoping you were able to get this taken care of, looks like it worked out.

I know a few people were looking for information on later bookings. I was booked at ASMovies for late November, early December. I called the "magic number" a few minutes before 11:00 p.m. and finally got an answer. The very helpful CM offered me AOA or POP. We took POP. I booked a preferred room so they gave me the same at POP for no additional charge.

I have to vent... I've been following this thread for a couple days and have even interacted with a lot of helpful people. I am scheduled at ASMo for next month and my TA hasn't tried to call to have me moved. I've asked her about it twice. She told me her boss wants her to sit tight until next week for the phone lines/park pass reservations to die down... I would call and do it myself but since I booked with a TA, I've learned I can't. It just makes me really uneasy. I don't want Pop's availability to be maxed out. This is my first time using a TA and it has been great up until this point. Am I overthinking this?

Here's my update!
At 4:30 I decided to start calling back since I was told I'd get a call back by 5:00 and I hadn't yet. On my husband's phone I was calling the direct guest services line shared here, and on my phone the regular line. I connect to the regular line in about 15 tries but it said it was a 2 hour wait just to then eventually get transferred to guests services, so I kept my phone on hold while I continued to use my husband's phone to connect to the guest service line. About 5 minutes later I was connected and someone immediately picked up. I explained my situation and who I had spoke with the night before, and she put me on hold so she could talk to him to see what his plan was. She came back and said he was busy but she took care of me and was going to switch my CBR reservation for 7/13-7/27 to the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. I told he I had no desire to spend 2 weeks at the cabins, due to how far the cabins are from everything, and I don't want to bother for 2 weeks using the internal bus system so I asked if her if there was anything else she could do. After being on hold for about 15 more minutes, she came back and told me that she was moving me to a garden view at CR. I could see as I was talking with her that the move was made in my plans, and I also confirmed in MDE that the price did not change. I am very pleased!
I was in the same boat. The GS member I spoke with late last night told me it would be this evening before he could call me back. We were moved from POR to CR garden wing king room, and I couldn't be happier! I didn't have to sit on the phone all day.

I have to vent... I've been following this thread for a couple days and have even interacted with a lot of helpful people. I am scheduled at ASMo for next month and my TA hasn't tried to call to have me moved. I've asked her about it twice. She told me her boss wants her to sit tight until next week for the phone lines/park pass reservations to die down... I would call and do it myself but since I booked with a TA, I've learned I can't. It just makes me really uneasy. I don't want Pop's availability to be maxed out. This is my first time using a TA and it has been great up until this point. Am I overthinking this?
You are not overthinking it. You are just learning what using a TA really means, most people never do. The TA has full control of your vacation. You trust them to do what’s best for you. Maybe they do, maybe they don’t. Your TA listens to their boss over you, I hope it works out. I would not be happy but there is nothing you can do right now short of cancelling which would definitely be a bad idea.

The only takeaway will be to analyze what happened when the dust settles and decide are you better off with a TA handling it or would you rather have control over your own booking next time?

No, I don’t think you are overthinking it at all. I would be upset! I’m sorry, I hope she can call soon for you!

Someone mentioned a resort change button...can changes be made on My Disney Experience? I wonder if it isn't showing for me since ours was a military discount reservation and those have to be made by phone.

I don't know when I should bother calling again about getting our October All-Star reservation changed, since yesterday they said my only option was to pay to upgrade to a deluxe.

Someone mentioned a resort change button...can changes be made on My Disney Experience? I wonder if it isn't showing for me since ours was a military discount reservation and those have to be made by phone.

I don't know when I should bother calling again about getting our October All-Star reservation changed, since yesterday they said my only option was to pay to upgrade to a deluxe.
Generally you can't change a mil. discount room online. I just changed our mil room only for Oct. today..
Sports - AoA...no charge. They should def. be able to change you to somewhere with no charge. As painful as it is I'd call again.

Worth a shot if you have the time! I’m pretty sure I saw an All Star upgraded to a Contemporary theme park view so it seems anything is possible if you’re politely persistent 😂
I think that may have worked this morning; however it seems this afternoon there was a pretty strict matrix of who goes where and it seems ppl are having less luck with upgrades since. I'm so glad I dealt with the craziness this morning :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter