RoFR back??

Of COURSE they start now that I have my first contract in ROFR! After all the time going back and forth I finally decided to jump on it and now they may decline?? UGH

I'm really hoping this is more like how everyone speeds on the highway but the cops have to pull a few cars over once in a while to make sure everyone remembers.

Thanks for clarifying.

My apologies for suggesting that your reports was fake news, but I still can't wrap my head around WHY Disney, decided to start again NOW.

Any insights as to why?
Also, since we've gone down this rabbit hole, here's this screenshot from one of the contracts ROFR'd ...

As for reasoning, I think we have to look at the long-term value of DVC and the fact that its sustained value is part of what makes it an attractive purchase or investment.

They fixed the direct benefit levers (moonlight, events, annual passes, etc.) - This wasn't enough.

I believe they need to reduce the direct benefit level to spark more sales.

They are still struggling, and I believe, as others have noted, it is partially due to their lack of involvement in ROFR and maintaining the resale value... You can just get too great of a deal on the resale market, and that makes it real easy to ignore any direct benefits or incentives they are currently throwing out there.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 12.12.49 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 12.12.49 PM.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 214
Also, since we've gone down this rabbit hole, here's this screenshot from one of the contracts ROFR'd ...

As for reasoning, I think we have to look at the long-term value of DVC and the fact that its sustained value is part of what makes it an attractive purchase or investment.

They fixed the direct benefit levers (moonlight, events, annual passes, etc.) - This wasn't enough.

They are still struggling, and I believe, as others have noted, it is partially due to their lack of involvement in ROFR and maintaining the resale value... You can just get too great of a deal on the resale market, and that makes it real easy to ignore any direct benefits or incentives they are currently throwing out there.
Make it 100 points direct for Bluecard and I'll happily take that right now

Do you know if the VGF was a contract deeded to BPK or the original building?

I have a contract in the ROFR process right now, well below the $100 AkV price point. So disappointing. My contract would've gone in a week later than the ones listed here.

If this is true, I wonder if Disney is going to protect even OKW and SSR, resorts where they don't have much hope of reselling contracts at elevated values?

While I want to believe its that straight forward, I'm not totally convinced.

At least in the past Disney didn't ROFR active sale resorts, and the margin they get on the VGF contract is very small, but I understand that $20 is $20.

I'm looking forward to see how the weeks to come will pan out.
While I want to believe its that straight forward, I'm not totally convinced.

At least in the past Disney didn't ROFR active sale resorts, and the margin they get on the VGF contract is very small, but I understand that $20 is $20.

I'm looking forward to see how the weeks to come will pan out.
Occam's razor

Kudos in the direct engagement and adding value to the conversation on the boards btw - more of this please in the new era! Very refreshing and makes this more of a worthwhile destination for information.

I have a contract in the ROFR process right now, well below the $100 AkV price point. So disappointing. My contract would've gone in a week later than the ones listed here.

If this is true, I wonder if Disney is going to protect even OKW and SSR, resorts where they don't have much hope of reselling contracts at elevated values?
They wouldn't have to do much to protect it...

Randomly take a contract or two here and there and buyers will have to offer more

Of COURSE they start now that I have my first contract in ROFR! After all the time going back and forth I finally decided to jump on it and now they may decline?? UGH

I'm really hoping this is more like how everyone speeds on the highway but the cops have to pull a few cars over once in a while to make sure everyone remembers.
If I had to guess, I think it will be this, and I think that is the smart way for them to proceed. They don’t need to buy a ton, but if they see a good value, purchase every once in a while. Disney can pick up a few good deals without flooding their inventory, and some people may think twice about offering way low, which may boost resale prices a bit.

All that said, I don’t think the contracts they bought were particularly good values based on what we’ve seen recently, so that’s an interesting choice…

As someone who has hemmed and hawed for a few years now (and plenty of messages here doing the same) it was the low barrier to entry of the resale market that drove me to buy. And it MAY still go through but this has me and my wife already talking about just grabbing the direct incentives. So perhaps it really is what they need to push direct sales. But that 150 points for blue card is really a tough pill to swallow when resale was SO cheap.

As someone who has hemmed and hawed for a few years now (and plenty of messages here doing the same) it was the low barrier to entry of the resale market that drove me to buy. And it MAY still go through but this has me and my wife already talking about just grabbing the direct incentives. So perhaps it really is what they need to push direct sales. But that 150 points for blue card is really a tough pill to swallow when resale was SO cheap.
150 points for the "blue Card" is a simple barrier to entry...... Disney wants you to buy from them....
If you want to play with the mouses toy, you play by the mouses rules....

I also hypothesize that it is because those are the 2 resorts they recently had success selling incentivized direct points that do not have resale restrictions.

So, DVC now has data to show what the market clearing price is for direct vs resale when there was thought to be no active ROFR.

That tells them exactly how much value in dollar terms more educated buyers (resale buyers) put on an easier sales process, direct points, and membership magic.

Let’s see what they learn from the current round of sweetened SSR incentives…..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter