RoFR back??

Any way of knowing if the ROFR happened to buyers who were recently talking with DVD about buying direct?

That was a theory people had posted back during the great recession resale deals. Tons of contracts went for bargains, but every so often the ROFR would happen on a contract that was no where near the bargains others were getting through ROFR.

Any way of knowing if the ROFR happened to buyers who were recently talking with DVD about buying direct?

That was a theory people had posted back during the great recession resale deals. Tons of contracts went for bargains, but every so often the ROFR would happen on a contract that was no where near the bargains others were getting through ROFR.
That is kinda funny.......
I think it might take more work than it is worth ....

@pkrieger2287 thanks for the post. Just curious--did some lowish point contracts get passed by ROFR? Or are you seeing most/all lowish point contracts be bought out like in the old days?
Too early to tell since these are the first three we've seen - I think what's notable, is that even though these per-point values are low, which could justify the buyback, we've seen much lower numbers pass, raising pause to the assumption that this is just a small check-in for ROFR.

Make it 100 points direct for Bluecard and I'll happily take that right now
Are you listening DVC? - I think this would be the next smart move. Stabilize the value of the product (ROFR) and then decrease the minimum buy-in slightly to drive sales.
Agreed, if you want to spark direct sales, this would definitely help & not cost them much. Honestly why not any amount of direct points?? (i mean 25 seems silly, but then 50 isn't that far off)

Is anyone really "SURPRISED" this happened?
The resale prices have tanked.
People are preaching the "DISNEY ISN"T ROFR anything"
People are saying "Disney is losing so much money they are powerless to stop this"

I know some leader sit back and watch their domains crumble, but here Disney really had not choice if they wanted to stay in business....

Last month I almost pulled the trigger on some bargin basement contract just to rent them ..... I would have recouped my money in 5 or 6 years....

Moving forward, I do know that Disney will purchase every contract that is below X, but I personally think they will do enough to drive the resale market higher.... High enough that it doesn't become like every other time share out there....

Agreed, if you want to spark direct sales, this would definitely help & not cost them much. Honestly why not any amount of direct points?? (i mean 25 seems silly, but then 50 isn't that far off)

I know it got as low as 75 when CCV went on sale. I don't know about 50.

Why not tie blue card status to money spent direct? What I mean by that, is why does someone gets a blue card for 150 points at VGF at 161 a point.

However, I am crazy in love with BLT and I pay $275 per point for 100. We both spent a similar amount but get different benefits. I don’t know, I just feel like there is a better solution to how the blue card is being distributed. Thoughts? Ideas?

Disney can spark direct sale in other ways, however once they give you the blue card, you don't need direct any more...
Think of it as any other club out there..... You can join with a minimum buy in, BUT, if you want to be a "FULL MEMBER" (blue card) then that is going to cost you

Moving forward, I do know that Disney will purchase every contract that is below X, but I personally think they will do enough to drive the resale market higher.... High enough that it doesn't become like every other time share out there....
True, as much i want to see prices tank to pick up a small contract, i also see it devaluing the product, so i don't want that either... or at least not until after i buy in. ;)

Why not tie blue card status to money spent direct? What I mean by that, is why does someone gets a blue card for 150 points at VGF at 161 a point.

However, I crazy in love with BLT and I pay $275 per point for 100. We both spent a similar amount but get different benefits. I don’t know, I just feel like there is a better solution to how the blue card is being distributed. Thoughts? Ideas?

The whole reason this started 7 years ago was to make it so resale and direct are different products.

They want people to buy from then and they target selling the new resorts and not the sold out ones.

Plus, it is easier to set a minimum for number of points vs dollar amounts. While it may not seem like it costs much, if it’s easy to get them, the. It defeats the purpose of having them.

And, they did lower the buy in to 100 for being a direct owner, just not for benefits…also, benefits can’t be guaranteed so honestly, so they have to be very careful in the way they use it as a selling point….

The whole reason this started 7 years ago was to make it so resale and direct are different products.

They want people to buy from then and they target selling the new resorts and not the sold out ones.

Plus, it is easier to set a minimum for number of points vs dollar amounts. While it may not seem like it costs much, if it’s easy to get them, the. It defeats the purpose of having them.

And, they did lower the buy in to 100 for being a direct owner, just not for benefits…also, benefits can’t be guaranteed so honestly, so they have to be very careful in the way they use it as a selling point….
If I understand the last point correctly, if they make the blue card a focal point and presented as a guaranteed benefit, there could be repercussions?

We were talking with DVD about adding on 100-150 direct at AKL and then VGF as recently as two days before our offer went to ROFR. We passed yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter