RoFR back??

I would think it can be checked vis OCC…I can never figure that part out!

You can look up a deed but I don’t think you will be able to see if Disney exercised ROFR.

DVD steps in as the buyer so you might need to check all of those deeds with dvd as the buyer. You need to rule out all of those that they got as foreclosures and deed back?

You don’t get called out on an earnings call by the CEO and not make some changes.

Step 1: Everyone has to watch the Alec Baldwin speech in Glengarry Glen Ross at least 3x!

Step 2: Bring back ROFR for our top sellers! Cut the buyback margins!

Step 3: Use incentives to move those points people!

Yep - I'm fake news.

In our days, It’s just too easy to claim something without backing it up with proof.

Why should Disney start to ROFR now? If other brokers start to report the same experience then I’m inclined to believe but if these 3 contracts are the only ones then it’s a harder case.

Can you shed some light on WHEN the contracts was taken?

Not that shocked about VGF. If they are selling it a decent clip within the current incentives, they will still make money on that and might not have it sitting in inventory for a long time.
I'm surprised. They're desperately trying to sell that out before Poly Tower comes online and with all the current incentives they'd net like $25/point on that contract? Not worth it in my opinion. Better to sell it out completely on focus on the other 3 properties in active sales.

Pretty obvious why this is happening now. Literally everyone is probably buying huge amounts of resale points at the current great discounts in order to enter into the exclusive 5001 point club. That enormous bottleneck of people rushing to buy thousands of resale points is causing the direct sales to tank.

You can look up a deed but I don’t think you will be able to see if Disney exercised ROFR.

DVD steps in as the buyer so you might need to check all of those deeds with dvd as the buyer. You need to rule out all of those that they got as foreclosures and deed back?
I vaguely remember finding a DVC refusal waiver filed with or for one of my deeds,
I forget how I found it or what I was looking for when I did, but Disney does file a waiver with the Comptroller

Last edited:
In our days, It’s just too easy to claim something without backing it up with proof.

Why should Disney start to ROFR now? If other brokers start to report the same experience then I’m inclined to believe but if these 3 contracts are the only ones then it’s a harder case.

Can you shed some light on WHEN the contracts was taken?
We received notification of these decisions late yesterday. The contracts were submitted for ROFR between 7/18-7/28.
I understand that news and reporting is highly critical in today's media environment, but I hope I've earned myself a bit of credibility the past few years. I'm not going to hang my entire DVC reputation on three fake ROFRs.

I think we were discussing this recently in another thread, and I took A LOT of heat for saying Disney couldn't allow their Brand to be sold at K-Mart prices.

I still think Disney HAS to exercise ROFR, from time to time, so that buyers / seller / brokers don't get stupid with pricing and offers.

Guess the collective "we" have found Disney's trigger points

Or they had buyers in the wings.......

Last edited:
We received notification of these decisions late yesterday. The contracts were submitted for ROFR between 7/18-7/28.
I understand that news and reporting is highly critical in today's media environment, but I hope I've earned myself a bit of credibility the past few years. I'm not going to hang my entire DVC reputation on three fake ROFRs.
Thanks for clarifying.

My apologies for suggesting that your reports was fake news, but I still can't wrap my head around WHY Disney, decided to start again NOW.

Any insights as to why?

Good article will be interesting if this continues. I appreciate you sharing this info right away instead of at the end of the month.

Not that shocked about VGF. If they are selling it a decent clip within the current incentives, they will still make money on that and might not have it sitting in inventory for a long time.

Except they have pretty much never taken something in active sales. Plus, if this is deeded to the original building, they are not selling those points right now.

Only those deeded to the new building. Definitely an interesting turn.

You don’t get called out on an earnings call by the CEO and not make some changes.

Step 1: Everyone has to watch the Alec Baldwin speech in Glengarry Glen Ross at least 3x!

Step 2: Bring back ROFR for our top sellers! Cut the buyback margins!

Step 3: Use incentives to move those points people!
While I want to believe its that straight forward, I'm not totally convinced.

At least in the past Disney didn't ROFR active sale resorts, and the margin they get on the VGF contract is very small, but I understand that $20 is $20.

I'm looking forward to see how the weeks to come will pan out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter