ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
<snip>My continued wondering is who in the world would want to pay a 40% premium for VGC direct.
I know it wasn't a question, but...
Answer: people who don't know about the resale market.
8-)

I was gonna add, "rich people" too, but they probably care about the 2-years-plus wait associated with the waitlist. I mean, 40% off and no wait time with a resale contract?...best deal ever!

I know this is only a small subset of the DVC resale market, but it really feels like the number of buyers has really dried up.

Obviously there could always be broader economic trends affecting things, but really this is the usual pattern. People who were on the fence decide to sell around dues time to try and avoid having to cough up the maintenance fees. And, people spend more around holidays and are thus less likely to be willing to cough up a big chunk for a timeshare until the holidays are over and they know where they stand.

It makes sense, and thus leads to greater available inventory (more listings). If the trend holds up, you'll see a bigger volume in Jan-Feb and available contracts will drop back down.

Passed!

I know it's a relatively larger contract (with no points until 2022) and the smaller ones are still on the high side, but looks like the VGF bubble might be coming back down as I saw another one very similar (with points in 2020 and 2021) being offered at $167 (I was already wrapped up in this contract before noticing, and an offer was already accepted anyway)

Skicks35---$169-$34550-200-VGF-Apr-0/18, 0/19, 0/20, 0/21-no MF until '22- sent 10/26, passed 11/12

I know it wasn't a question, but...
Answer: people who don't know about the resale market.
8-)

I was gonna add, "rich people" too, but they probably care about the 2-years-plus wait associated with the waitlist. I mean, 40% off and no wait time with a resale contract?...best deal ever!

Not VGC, but I bought direct BLT for a few contracts because 1) I wanted smaller contracts and have an unusual UY so there was just literally nothing out there for resale, and 2) I was concerned about the L14 restriction. I can imagine some people just want no restrictions or hoops with their points, so that 40% premium might be worth it to some (though not to me!)

Finally, since DVC can now change the UY on direct points, they're cranking through the waiting list a lot faster than they used to.

I know this is only a small subset of the DVC resale market, but it really feels like the number of buyers has really dried up.

Answer my question, are prices not higher for lots of these resorts? I mean if you are a resale buyer it means you have been looking at some sites likely. Meaning you will see these better old prices and expect them to possibly come down especially if you are hearing about a potential recession in the future.

I never was really tracking all the resorts but that seemed to be the case for AKV and BWV. More contracts with inflated price. As a first time buyer not looking to really play games and negotiate it down $10/point or more.

Answer my question, are prices not higher for lots of these resorts? I mean if you are a resale buyer it means you have been looking at some sites likely. Meaning you will see these better old prices and expect them to possibly come down especially if you are hearing about a potential recession in the future.

I never was really tracking all the resorts but that seemed to be the case for AKV and BWV. More contracts with inflated price. As a first time buyer not looking to really play games and negotiate it down $10/point or more.
The prices are still really high right now. Those prices don't match the demand for the resale product and they don't match Disney's buyback activity, with the exception of VGC. VGC is special case in being really limited in number and the only Disneyland DVC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter