Sarah & Bobby's 11-13-11 WP/GF--Completed--ALL PHOTO LINKS FIXED!

Day 1- Wednesday (11/9/11) Traveling, Errands, General Craziness

So I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed around 4:30 am, popped some Cinnamon rolls in the oven for the hubster, drank some coffee, and pretty much waited impatiently until it was time to leave for the airport. We followed my parents and brother, and Bobby drove me to the airport. There was WAY TOO MUCH luggage and stuff to fit in my Mom’s car and also have 4 bodies safely buckled up, but I was okay with riding with Bobby….it was the last time I’d see him for a while, and I am the kind of person that will take as much time with him as I can get. :lovestruc

So we get to the airport and start the trek inside…with all of our luggage. As soon as we get out of the car and on our way, the zippered bag I bought to put the other pink bag inside of for protection and all that gets a huge gash in it…the dang dress hasn’t been in the bag for more than 15 minutes and its already getting messed up. Oh..and we had to pay for this piece of crap bag…I was so mad! As I carry the dress and walk and push my majorly overweight suitcase the hole is getting bigger. By the time we got to check in my bag looked like it had a serious bubblegum pink hemorrhoid! (sorry if that’s graphic, but its literally what it looked like!) Haha The security line was as usual, outrageous and Im sure my goofy looking pink contraption didn’t help to look normal! We (im)patiently waited and cursed ourselves for not leaving sooner…it was a Wednesday morning at the Houston airport but you’d think it could have been the day before Thanksgiving! Sheesh!

We were the last people to board the plane and had to fit our gajillion carry-ons in the lacking overhead compartment space. The lovely flight attendants (I still call them stewardesses...haha) put my dress in the coat closet and congratulated me with super sweet smiles and nods.

Side note: It’s so adorable how people’s hearts melt when they find out you’re about to marry your Prince Charming, it’s like their hearts go back to when they (presumably) did the same thing and they’d cut off their left arm for you if you needed it…so sweet. And then when they find out you’re getting married at WDW…it takes them a second to form their opinion of you. ..You guys know which opinions they can be. So the flight attendants must have formed a positive opinion on me because they were very nice and smiley! :cutie:

The flight was pretty uneventful, Mom and I chit-chatted and my brother and I watched Office Space on his laptop…good bonding moments for sure! I felt like I had gone back in time to my childhood, where for a while it was just me, my Mom, and my big brother…gah I’m such a sap. But really, I had one of those moments on the flight where I took a step back and realized just how lucky I am to have my family with me on this super exciting and amazing journey to marry my dream boy in Disney! We get to Orlando, get our 347398 bags and head out to find our rental cars. Mom ended up with a Mini Van and I got a Charger…that my brother would not leave me alone about test driving, lol. Even Bobby was excited when he got to use it…men and cars, I swear! I highly recommend anyone that flies to WDW for a wedding rent a car; it was SO convenient and really made what could have been mountains of problems tiny little molehills.

Now we are out and about in Orlando running random errands. We hit up Subway for lunch, Michaels for a carrier that Bobby’s parents would take our top layer of cake home in, Mens Wearhouse for my brother to get fitted for his tux, WalMart for some groceries and the clear bins for all of the wedding stuff, and then we went to our condo to check in.
We stayed at Bonnet Creek this time. It was my first time staying off property, and to be honest I wasn’t too fond of the idea and felt like it lost some of the magic…but this place seriously wowed me! For the price, it was such a great value, tons of space, great amenities, and it was very close/technically on property…but the parking SUCKS! Although I am partial to staying on property, because of the extra magic and atmosphere you get, I would stay there again. We even got to watch fireworks from our balcony…it definitely had its perks!

Here are some photos of our 2 bedroom condo!! Super fancy!!

Kitchen, Dining, and Living

PB090012.jpg

PB090014.jpg

PB090013.jpg

PB090011.jpg

Master Bath…through the door was the toilet and a shower..it was HUGE!

PB090010.jpg

Master Bed

PB090009.jpg

2nd Bath

PB090003.jpg

2nd Bed..I hung my dress up on the curtain rod!

PB090001.jpg

She’s so pretty! :bride:

PB090002.jpg

The Views

PB090008.jpg

PB090007.jpg

PB090006.jpg

PB090004.jpg

It was easy and quick to get settled in the condo. I separated and organized all of the wedding stuff into the bins and set them up nicely we were getting hungry. We decided to head to DHS for dinner. I cannot go to Orlando and not get a cobb salad from Hollywood Brown Derby, it’s just not humanly possible. So we ate there! But first my brother and I rode RnR together...Such a rush! And it took me back to my childhood again; my brother and I shared some cool memories on this trip I haven’t thought about until now but I know they’re something we’ll both remember and cherish for a very long time. Anyways...sappiness over! Dinner was AMAZING as usual and then we headed to Downtown Disney for some shopping and ice cream from Ghiradelli! Super yum! We headed home after that and got some much needed sleep!!

Coming Up: DAY 2!!! Franck's Drop Off, A Meltdown, MK Fakeout, and some good ole Epcot and Family time!! :)

Woohoo!!! Welcome Back!

Great start to the TR. Bonnet Creek looks good, but I am with you about staying on property. Glad that you liked having a rental car. We don't normally get one, but have one booked for the days before our VR.

Can't wait to read more.

Great Start!! I can't wait to read more!! Your room looks fantastic!! So fantastic that I'm googling it now :rotfl:

More more!

•I'm so glad you got to have family-time with your mom and brother...that's really special.
•Bonnet Creek looks really nice! And the view is pretty spectacular.
•Your dress looks so pretty hanging up!!!

:yay:

Wow, Bonnet Creek looks nice! And you could see Epcot, how cool!

Your dress looks so pretty!! :bride:

Yay, TR has been started.

Smart idea getting the condo so you have extra space to get ready.

Love the fact that you felt you went back to your childhood vacationing with the family.

Look forward to reading more.

Bonnet Creek is gorgeous! And even though it's off property it's still so close to the parks - looks like a great place to stay!

Woohoo!!! Welcome Back!

Great start to the TR. Bonnet Creek looks good, but I am with you about staying on property. Glad that you liked having a rental car. We don't normally get one, but have one booked for the days before our VR.

Can't wait to read more.

Yes! You will be so glad you rented a car, definitely will be on the 'Glad I did' list! ;) Bonnet Creek was really nice, and if had been my first time at WDW and I didnt already have the magic to compare it to, I probably wouldnt know what I was missing and maybe never stay on property....but thank goodness I do! Nothing compares to Disney Magic! :lovestruc

Great Start!! I can't wait to read more!! Your room looks fantastic!! So fantastic that I'm googling it now :rotfl:

More more!

Yeah! It was really nice, definitely worth the $$. I am so happy to be back!! I didnt realize how much I missed it til I came back :sad2:

•I'm so glad you got to have family-time with your mom and brother...that's really special.
•Bonnet Creek looks really nice! And the view is pretty spectacular.
•Your dress looks so pretty hanging up!!!

:yay:

Aww thanks! I kept staring at the dress the whole time I was there. When I would go to sleep I'd just face it and daydream...total cheeseball!:rotfl:

Wow, Bonnet Creek looks nice! And you could see Epcot, how cool!

Your dress looks so pretty!! :bride:

Thanks! We definitely watched fireworks from the balcony a few nights! :wizard:

Yay, TR has been started.

Smart idea getting the condo so you have extra space to get ready.

Love the fact that you felt you went back to your childhood vacationing with the family.

Look forward to reading more.

Thanks!!

Wooho you're back!!!!!!!!!

I AM BACK!! and super happy to be! I dont think I can leave you guys again...it was rough!

yay! Can't wait to read more:banana:

I'll second your :banana::banana::banana: hehe!!

Bonnet Creek is gorgeous! And even though it's off property it's still so close to the parks - looks like a great place to stay!

It really was a good place, I must be spoiled with on property resorts! But Im okay with that! :laughing:

Day 2- Thursday (11/10/11) Drop Items @ Francks, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Some family arrives!

We got up and headed to Francks early to drop off all the wedding items that WDW needed to set up.

My Mom rented a minivan, as previously mentioned and we took the van today to drop all the stuff at Francks. It was one of those fancy Town & Country vans with the captain’s chairs in the back, self closing doors and all that jazz. Well as I was getting stuff out of the van I must have triggered the door to shut. Meanwhile I’m still gathering things from inside when I get rammed in the side of the head by a door (kinda hard!)…I push it back and go on about my business, taking note of the discomfort in my ear and temple. I go into Francks and give the girl my info and boxes then walk out. While I was in there though, there were 2 couples in for a planning session. I remember thinking, “Wow, how cool! I wish I could have had a planning session!” And also I thought about all the time that had passed and I couldn’t believe it was already here! Which is part of the reason I was so antsy that day, it all kind of hit me in Francks, I guess. So anyway I get back to the car and we go to park at the GF and take the monorail to MK. I keep touching my ear because it hurts and my brother comments on the redness and blood…blood? Oh Great…this should be good. I’ll have a bloody ear and tacky looking face for my wedding! Turns out it wasn’t that bad and my brother was just playing to my stress and freaking me out. I cleaned it up a bit later and all was well. Minus my headache, but that’s something I deal with on a daily basis, so no big deal.

Aforementioned Evil MiniVan

f4cf4637.jpg

Once all that was done I had a mini freak-out and could feel myself getting overwhelmed. I knew the wedding was in a few days and I felt like I had so much to do and like everything out of control…it definitely wasn’t lol. I’m so type A that if a few things are out of my control I worry incessantly…this is a prime example. I got over it quickly when we headed to Magic Kingdom!

657bece9.jpg

939a1680.jpg

We did some shopping on Main Street then headed to Pirates and were stopped dead in our tracks when we saw the line…it was nuts! Scrambling to regroup we decided we should go to Epcot for lunch, like we’d wanted to originally and would revisit MK later…I didn’t get to go back while I was there but everyone else did and I’m sure it was fantastic!

Heres a picture of a little swashbuckling pirate and Goofy my brother caught when he went back, so cute!

9a74bd54.jpg

We waited forever for a monorail, and I mean forever!! Finally one of the cast members told everyone there were technical difficulties. So we switched lines and went to the TTC, then switched to the Epcot line. After almost 40 minutes we got on the monorail to Epcot, and headed to Via Napoli where we miraculously got a ressie last minute for some lunch. We got a huge family size pizza, some sangria, and enjoyed our lunch out on the patio; it was a seriously gorgeous day!

7eb5018c.jpg

67898ad9.jpg

74e64153.jpg

4329088a.jpg

912d3e7c.jpg

5199065947_216ae198c8_z.jpg

napoli.jpg

Then we headed to Soarin’. We had to wait in line for a while but that’s okay. Soarin’ is one of our favs, so it’s worth it to us! We got REALLY bored in line, lol. My brother being a goober, and we caught Mama off guard!

20c87e40.jpg

9e9ceecf.jpg

soarin.jpg

After Soarin’ we met up with my cousins and her kids, and aunt at the Living Seas. (MOH, MOH, FG, JBM)

D--lp-gen-Media-guide-att-45--772_400_300.jpg

68589f59.jpg

c87b0e0f.jpg

We all rode the Nemo ride, did Turtle Talk with Crush and explored the Living Seas for a while. My JBM is 8 and is very interested in animals of all kinds! Living seas was SO up her alley! It was getting dark (and cold) when we got out and decided it was time we head home, I had a big day on Friday and needed to sleep. We said our goodbyes, got back on the monorail to MK, then switched to GF and finally got to our car and then the hotel. Once we were there my cousin texted me and told me they were watching the concert at Epcot and it was great! I think it was either Peter Cetera or Peter Gabriel that night, I was a little bummed I couldn’t spend more time with them in my happy place but reminded myself there would be more time. As soon as I laid down, I was out in a matter of minutes!

Day 3- Friday (11/11/11) Bobby’s Grandpa’s Funeral in Daytona Beach, FL, More family & friends arrive

This day wasn’t much fun, and has no pictures to boast! Sorry!! :guilty:

I was up early on Friday. I had to get showered and dressed for Bobby’s Grandpa’s funeral in Daytona. I left the condo around 10am to pick up Bobby at the airport (another time the rental car came in handy). After a few minutes of circling the airport he was ready with his bags and met me outside. It had been a long few days and I was very happy to see him. I was actually very anxious about the two of us traveling separately…I was very worried…borderline paranoid worried. I said my prayers when I collected him and we were on our way to Daytona. We stopped at a McDonalds on the way so he could change into his suit and we kept truckin. Daytona is only an hour or so from Orlando so it wasn’t bad. The funeral itself was very nice, but very rough.

After the funeral we went out to dinner with everyone that attended the funeral. Dinner was really good and helped to lift everyone’s spirits. Once we all finished dinner, some people went to Grandma/Grandpa’s house for more treats, drinks, and visiting but Bobby and I had some errands to run so we said our goodbyes, and would see them all on Saturday for the rehearsal.
One of our very close friends also has family in Daytona and was visiting with them a few days before the wedding, and we were giving her a ride to Orlando. We picked her up and headed to WDW. She was staying at ASM with some of my other girlfriends who were eating at DTD that night. We dropped her bags off in the lobby and then dropped her off at T-REX with the other girls. I wish we could have gone in and spent some time with them but we had to get Bobby to the house his family was renting for the week. Once he was settled in I headed back to Bonnet Creek to crash. This day was very draining, both physically and emotionally.

So I drive around the parking lot for about 30 minutes and finally find a spot about a mile away (im still wearing my 5’’ heels, grumble) park the car and head up to my cozy bed. As I walked down the hall to our condo I heard lots of laughing and noise from one of the rooms, and then realized it was our room! My grandmother, her date, my uncle, and my cousins and FG were all there! It was a nice surprise to see them all before the rehearsal and it gave me a second wind. We ate, drank, and just caught up for a while before we all decided it was time to retire…it was about 1:00am and I was so ready for bed and my spa treatments the next day! :goodvibes

My brother went out with my cousins (MOH’s and their kids) to DHS that day and got some cute pics of the girls I just have to post…theyre too cute!

ebd42925.jpg

Dancing to HSM!

f6886725.jpg

318ea9d3.jpg

Rockin out after Rockin Rollercoaster!!

bc0024c0.jpg

Up Next: Mandara Spa, GF Check In, & Rehearsal!!

Okay, I am all caught up. Great start to your TR!

Although... I am kind of mad at you. See, I was CRAVING Via Napoli so hardcore today: AND NOW I JUST READ ABOUT YOU GOING THERE!!! So now I want it even more hardcore. JUST SAYIN, SARAH!!!

Also. Your room is GORGEOUS! And it had lovely views: it doesn't SEEM like you were OP.

Sorry about the funeral. <3

OH OH SARAH!!!!

I'm sooooo glad you finally started!!!

I love everything you've got to do so far!!! What great memories!!

Can't wait to see pictures :goodvibes

Okay, I am all caught up. Great start to your TR!

Although... I am kind of mad at you. See, I was CRAVING Via Napoli so hardcore today: AND NOW I JUST READ ABOUT YOU GOING THERE!!! So now I want it even more hardcore. JUST SAYIN, SARAH!!!

Also. Your room is GORGEOUS! And it had lovely views: it doesn't SEEM like you were OP.

Sorry about the funeral. <3

OOH NO!!! Via Napoli is definitely a top craving for me especially after I had that awesome pizza! Sorry to make your tummy grumble! :)

The cool thing about Bonnet Creek is that -technically- it is on property, but not WDW owned or operated so it gives the best of both worlds. If I wasnt so spoiled by staying at WDW resorts for so long I probably wouldnt have had an issue with it....except the darned parking!

Glad your following along! :hug:

OH OH SARAH!!!!

I'm sooooo glad you finally started!!!

I love everything you've got to do so far!!! What great memories!!

Can't wait to see pictures :goodvibes

Thanks! Glad youre here and following along! :thumbsup2

Day 4-Saturday (11/12/11) Spa at Mandara, Check into GF, Rehearsal, Rehearsal Dinner

Another day of bright and early!! Only this time I welcomed it, because I had an appointment at the spa! Mom and I got up and headed to the S&D for our appointment! The boys (my brother and stepdad) went to run more errands. They got my brothers tux, haircuts, and other stuff too.

Some fun pics of Mandara

Mandara.jpg

Mandara1.jpg

The treatments were TO DIE FOR! I was so relaxed and calm throughout the entire thing I fell into a serious deep relaxation coma…I wasn’t sleeping but I definitely wasn’t awake. I even woke myself up with a subconscious twitch and some sort of noise I made…it was almost like a whimper….hahaha I’m sure the masseuse thought I was nuts! But then again, I’ll bet it happens a lot to her. She was great! At the end, she rang a nice bell to wake somebody up if you could have been sleeping…LOL…but I had already jerked myself awake enough to start thinking about what an idiot I felt like and what a good DisBoards story it would make! Hehehe :rotfl2: After the massage I went and sat in the relaxation room for a bit, had some tea and then took a MAGNIFICENT shower in the locker room. It was a rain-type of shower head and the water was so hot it got LOTS of steam going…I was in heaven. I took my sweet time and was sure to try all of the products they had in the shower, including the milk bath…that stuff is like a miracle in a bottle! My mom was a few minutes behind me so I had time to blow-dry my hair (with a baby comb…lol, I obviously didn’t think that one all the way through :sad2:) Once we were ourselves again, but this time relaxed and de-stressed we headed back to the condo. I had to pack up all my stuff and load it into my car to take to the GF, check in and then head to rehearsal. I got ready and dressed for the rehearsal and left a few minutes before everyone else. I went to Bobby’s family’s rental and picked him up then we headed to the GF together. It was nice to have a few minutes with each other before the real craziness ensued.

We pulled into GF and told the Bellmen our name…there was an attendant who overheard us and asked, “Are you guys the Pearsall family? We’ve been awaiting your arrival! Congratulations!” She was so nice and really genuine about everything. She said everything has been taken care of, were checked in and to follow her. They didn’t even ask for our ID’s or anything! –for me, this was cool! I get carded EVERYWHERE! Granted, I look like a 16 year old, but that’s another story..lol! We met up with a bellhop in a Golf Cart who already had all of my luggage, BM/GM gifts, and my gown on the cart...Super secured! I felt like royalty…no joke. GF knows how to treat people! They took us to Sago Cay where our room was and oddly enough there was a wedding going on right there!!!

I really wish I would have snapped a picture without feeling like a jerk! It was an Escape I believe…they had lanterns hanging from the trees, a string trio, and I believe it could have been just the bride and groom…it was so intimate, tender, and gorgeous. :bride: I stood and stared for a second…and I too turned into one of those stewardesses who would’ve cut off my arm for her at that moment….I wanted everything to be just as she’d imagined it would be. And at that second I realized she probably didn’t imagine some goofy blonde girl with an oversized hot pink wedding bag staring her wedding down…lol. So I snapped out of it and hurried into our room where we found a nice little treat from Mickey and Minnie! :lovestruc I dropped all of my stuff and headed back out to the rehearsal. We were early and stood around with some friends for a while before we started. The rehearsal was in a parlor in the GFCC, and there was a reception going on in the main ballroom….and I was so happy for the other couple I wanted to hug them and cut off my other arm! Seriously…I’m a major sap and weddings have a very dear spot in my heart.

Rev Jack had just finished a ceremony and was able to make our rehearsal! WoooHooo! He told everyone just how and what to do, as did Lisa. Everything was going so smooth...what was I worried about?!?

Rehearsal was over and we all headed to dinner at Texas de Brazil on International Drive…kind of a ways, but so worth it. The food was spectacular and it was very nice! Bobby’s parents did us well by hosting it there! We had a small room to ourselves and we all just enjoyed everyone’s company. We stayed a little too long and the group behind us for the room was waiting, we definitely got the stank eye from them as we left LOL!

Heres some photos from dinner:

17c5e9cb.jpg

Me, Bob, and one of my FG’s

3880790b.jpg

And just cause I think her face is HILARIOUS in this one…

9e33bf97.jpg

Bobby’s Brother (BM) and his wife

8a658d15.jpg

My MOH’s

c5f032a1.jpg

Other Bridal Party Rockstars!

92ab3636.jpg

595f744b.jpg

3ae31f1d.jpg

16ba2fd5.jpg

After dinner, Bobby and I went back to the GF to get the rings, invitation and a few other things the photographers had mentioned. Around that time his family was calling and inviting him out to City Walk. They were at the Bob Marley bar…and having a seriously good time! He didn’t want to leave his family high and dry…and it was the night before he got married and “left” his family so he decided to go out with a bang! Lol I dropped him off at City Walk and headed back to my mom’s condo per her request. I would later find out that they all got a little schnockered and had a fabulous family time! One of his uncles got on stage and sang “Let’s get it on”!! The video was priceless!

So I get to the condo and all of my female family members are there! They surprised me with a lingerie shower!! We had a good time though and I didn’t let a little discomfort ruin my last night as a single lady! We played games, drank some champagne, and I opened lots of gifts! My aunt who was unable to make the wedding had thrown the party for me by employing my Mom and MOHs for help. My grandpa is a serious jokester, and was also unable to make the wedding due to my grandma’s heart/health issues just a few days before, so he sent a HILARIOUS article of lingerie with my cousins to make sure I got it! It was SO funny; everybody had some serious laughs when I opened that one! Everything was great! It was an adorable party with lots of great memories! :wizard:

Once the lingerie shower was over my Maid of Honor and I drove back to the GF to get some beauty sleep. I didn’t want to be alone that night just in case I couldn’t sleep or if I got anxious or whatever. We hung out and found LOTS of hidden Mickeys, Minnies, Goofys, Donalds , and Plutos in the wallpaper, drapes, bedding, and even the carpets! We were like kids again inspecting for extra Disney Magic! It was nice to have my cousin/MOH with me because she made it feel like just another regular girl-night. We got into bed, and I popped some Melatonin to help me sleep. I tossed and turned for a while and was finally knocked out about 45 minutes later.

NEXT UP: WEDDING DAY!!

Day 5- Sunday (11/13/11) WEDDING DAY!!!

Wedding Day Part 1

I woke up when the alarm went off and was eerily calm. My MOH and I took showers and got dressed. We headed to Gasparilla Grill for breakfast. I got a big breakfast platter with eggs, bacon, hash browns, sausage, and a Mickey Waffle! I don’t eat sausage or hash browns but I intentionally got the platter for the Mickey Waffle alone! :rotfl:

PB120031.jpg

We sat outside at the Marina, gazed at the castle, fed the ducks, ate our breakfast, and talked about the day to come. I was so calm and chill, it was great! I didn’t eat much of the breakfast though, just the waffle and some eggs. We took a few extra minutes to take in the calm before the storm and the great view of the castle!

After that we called a bellhop to help us bring our stuff to the Whitehall Room where my maids and I would be getting ready. The same SUPER nice guy from yesterday was back! I was so glad to see a familiar face and have him around. We didn’t have cash the night before as we rushed out to get to the rehearsal so I tipped him VERY well when he dropped us off at Whitehall. He was so gracious and kind; it really showed that there are still plenty of cast members around to go the extra mile for their guests!

We ended up booking the Whitehall room to get ready in because of all the space is offered. Originally O thought it would have been strange but I cant imagine putting all of us in my GF room. Can you say disaster?! Lol With all my BMs, FGs, Mom, photogs, etc. we totally used all the space. It was probably one of the best decisions I made. Not only was it big, but it was really close to everything. We had more time to get ready since we didn’t have to take the limo to the GF. I am definitely an advocate for booking more space!

Once we were in the room and had settled in a bit, Beaute Speciale showed up! They were right on time and ready to go! They started on hair and makeup, and the girls who did their own also got to work.

48aa338e.jpg

2b45194b.jpg

1a848328.jpg

Then it was my turn!! Don’t mind my yucky faces…

870b77ec.jpg

388121_312088892134797_100000010654249_1350084_1951617928_n.jpg

I love these next few of my FGs being total princesses, ahhhdorable!

19a656fb.jpg

6a9f4d66.jpg

Then the flowers arrived….I was a little TOO excited and in love with my bouquet, if that’s possible.

390867_312088652134821_100000010654249_1350080_326394096_n.jpg

387518_2758862167764_1144063489_33205279_1409299441_n-1.jpg

d3168a57.jpg

SIDE STORY: I was scrambling for my Something Old and Something Borrowed until the last few days before I left for WDW. My MIL had offered something of hers to be my old and borrowed, and she gave it to Bobby to bring to me in Florida. It was a gold pendant/charm from Austria in the shape of a cuckoo clock. Her sister had given it to her when she was about 12, so it was old and very dear to her heart. Anyways, Bobby had it and was going to bring it to me in Florida. The night before he left he called me SO worried because he couldn’t find the pendant…anywhere! He searched his car, the apartment, and even the dryer! It was nowhere to be found! Until he remembered that clothes go into the washer before the dryer…lol he is seriously so smart, I think he forgets small common sense things sometimes! :confused3…anyways he finds it in the empty washing machine! Thank God, because a) it was so small, it’s a miracle it didn’t fall into one of the holes in the washer, and b) if he didn’t find it his mother would have put a hit on him! So he has it now and all is well! …..or we think. Fast forward to after the rehearsal where we are trading rings, invitations and stuff for the photographers to get pictures of. I ask him for the pendant and he doesn’t have it. We can’t find it anywhere!!! Not in his luggage, pockets, anything! I start panicking, not because I think our marriage is doomed if I don’t have these things but because I’m so type A that if I’m going to do something it’s all or nothing. I can’t wear Something New and Blue, and not Something Old and borrowed…it would just irk me! So now I’m back to scrambling…I talk to my MOHs about it, and we have it figured out! One of my aunts has a set of family pearls that were my great-grandmothers. She wore them on her wedding day and a bunch of women in my family have also worn them. Coincidentally my cousin (Matron of Honor) used them at her wedding because she was scrambling too! We called my aunt to see if she brought the pearls and hallelujah! She did!!! She must have known to bring them, or maybe she does to every family wedding just in case! LOL either way I am SO grateful!!

Fast forward back to Whitehall; I’m getting my makeup done and my aunt/uncle come in to bring me the pearls. My aunt and I shared a very tender moment when she told me the story behind them and just how many women of my family have used the pearls, we both cried a little, and I had my Something Old and Borrowed! I didn’t want to wear a necklace because I’m so short and it would have “chopped” me up and made my neck look shorter or whatever. I already had a bracelet and didn’t want to look gawty, I really didn’t want them on my ankle, because they deserve to be seen, so we all decided I should carry them with my bouquet. It looked really good and I got to hold them closer to my heart and have my grandmother with me at my wedding, even though she was in a hospital room recovering from heart surgery in Mississippi.

Here they are

390681_2758883928308_1144063489_33205327_1141170839_n-1.jpg

And just because I cant NOT post pics of my princesses playing with their gifts and utilizing the space in Whitehall…

f2b631de.jpg

2ba0244f.jpg

8637a9bc.jpg

ae9bdc6b.jpg

0c98d16a.jpg

We are all getting close to being ready; the photographers arrive and snap some photos. My stepdad comes in with sandwiches and fruit from Earl of Sandwich! YUM!! I eat a few pieces of fruit and turn down the sandwich (yep, I’m a dummy!) my rationalization was that I ate a big breakfast and I wasn’t hungry…plus I was saving room for our dinner to come!

Heres some of the pics the photographers snapped while my hair was getting done.

386660_2758861807755_1144063489_33205278_1778465115_n-1.jpg

Actually, I had bought Ralph Lauren –Romance- to wear on the wedding day but left it in my room and my BFF Ashley saved the day with her signature scent Clinique-Happy Heart- seriously everytime I smell it I think of her. It was nice to have a piece of her along with me during the wedding. Plus, I love the smell, so that’s good too!

388078_2758864087812_1144063489_33205285_487750998_n.jpg

389481_2758864327818_1144063489_33205286_2022106803_n.jpg

386546_2758860967734_1144063489_33205276_293070791_n.jpg

378687_2625243907391_1144063489_33146127_1032365677_n.jpg

I get into my gown, and take some bridal portraits, a few with my girls and parents.

380015_2758863207790_1144063489_33205282_1396661948_n.jpg

387241_2758869887957_1144063489_33205297_553336525_n.jpg

390817_2758864647826_1144063489_33205287_1903886975_n.jpg

390379_2758862847781_1144063489_33205281_1103743646_n.jpg

381228_2758867847906_1144063489_33205294_806657908_n.jpg

Then it was time to head to the lobby/staircase for photos. The nice older gentlemen (gah, what’s his name?) met us in the convention center and carried my train and bouquet while I carried the front of my gown.

385560_2758870287967_1144063489_33205298_274048440_n-1.jpg

Another Fun Side Story: When I had alterations done I didn’t have to get the hem fixed! My 5” heels did the trick for me! I did have my seamstress take some length of off my petticoat because I was worried about tripping on it (wedding nightmare premonition, if you will) and everything was fine at the last fitting. Something had to have changed because on the wedding day it was a bit too long. Dress included. I was stumped and couldn’t figure it out. We didn’t have time to make adjustments so we (my maids and I) got crafty with some bobby pins and pinned up the petticoat/slip and voila! The actual gown was okay because I picked it up as I walked anyways. It was a funny sight I’m sure, to see a girl holding up her dress and 4 girls crouching down in their dresses pinning and grabbing under the others! By the end of the night my bobby pins were still in place holding up my slip! Kudos Bridesmaids!! :thumbsup2

Now that we were on our way to the lobby, I was getting a bunch of ooh’s and ahh’s that I had so frequently read about on these boards but assumed it wouldn’t be that way for me for whatever reason. Boy was I wrong! I heard “Look Mommy it’s a real live Princess!”, “I want to get married here!!”, and even a little boy whispered to his dad, “She’s so pretty!” Of course I heard adult comments too and they were so heartwarming. We saw our favorite bellhop, and we shared a head nod as I passed. I really felt like a celebrity…and was probably one of the coolest feelings I’ve experienced. I think it was about then that it kind of hit me…and my inner monologue was going a mile a minute. On the outside I (think) looked calm and collected. I did exactly what the photographer was telling me to do but inside I was getting antsy and all I wanted to do was see Bobby. Unexpectedly my cell phone started to ring, my MOH (being the rock star she is) answered it and screened the call! It was Byron the lighting guy; he wanted to know what color wall washes I wanted. I said blue, scratched my head a bit because I knew we’d discussed blue many times but I wasn’t going to worry about it then. At the time I was frustrated but looking back I’m glad he called and double checked just to be sure! Bobby would have flipped if they were pink or something lol! We finished pre-ceremony photos and headed over to the WP.

More Pre Ceremony Photos:

379105_2758870927983_1144063489_33205299_130979359_n.jpg

380807_2758871247991_1144063489_33205301_859106000_n.jpg

380015_2758863207790_1144063489_33205282_1396661948_n.jpg

378809_2758867127888_1144063489_33205292_2736297_n.jpg

377913_2758867407895_1144063489_33205293_1144160560_n.jpg

376622_2625246707461_1144063489_33146131_1623403002_n.jpg

We were all waiting in the Bride’s Vestibule when one of my maids told me I was shaking…lol I really had no idea! It was minimal though, I think it was just all the anticipation. I took advantage of having all my girls in the room with me and used the restroom while I had the help I needed! :rolleyes1 Then we reapplied my lip gloss and it was time. Everybody left except my Dad and me. He got teary eyed and then I did, it was one of the rare moments we’ve had in the last 10 years where we were completely alone and honest with each other. I will treasure that for many years to come, I’m sure. After I got myself together it was time to go.

We were standing in front of the doors and I started to cry. Lisa asked if I was ready…”Yes…No..Wait just a second!” I started crying again, wiped my face with my hankie and tried deep breaths. My Dad asked me if I was okay, and if I was sure I wanted to do this. I told him I was positive, I was just happy and didn’t want to look like a splotchy hot-mess before I even saw the groom. After a few more seconds passed I told Lisa I was ready now and the doors opened. –Side note; it’s a big Southern tradition not to see the Groom before the ceremony, and I chose to forego a first look for this reason. I think all of my anxiety and excitement is what caught me in this moment, especially because Bobby and I had been talking about “that moment when the doors open” for a really long time; it was so crazy to think it had finally come.

And what happened when they did?? Dun Dun Dun!! To be continued…

.... and then you leave me hanging :rotfl:

What an amazing update!! Even though I saw your pics on FB a while back, I loved them all over again. Everything is better with a story :)

You looked absolutely breathtaking!! I'm glad you loved Mandara. I have to try it sometime!! Your lingerie party sounded like so much fun--what a surprise!!

Ahhh I'm just in love with everything. Your photographer did a great job! Keep it coming girl!!

Sarah, you have given me a serious case of the chills! :lovestruc Everything is so beautiful and all the pictures are wonderful. And your EYES--They are so pretty. You are a stunning bride. It's so fun to read about this, because I was thinking about you on 11/13--(that's the day I was having my MK session, so I was up and about when you were getting ready too!) We also stayed in Sago Cay...I cannot believe I didn't see you! :confused: I'm SO excited to read / see more. From the sound of it, I'm sure you both got emotional when the doors opened!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter