School is Out, Let's hit the Road! We're Going to Disney World! PTR 5/27 - 6/11/2010

AlohaAnnie

DIS Veteran
Hello! First of all, Let me say that we are going nuts! We can't wait to get back. I have been reading TR's and PTR's and going crazy. I can't wait to get back to the place where magic happens and my family has experienced the best vacations ever!!!!

Here is one of my Favorite!!! Pics from our May June Trip in 2009!!!

DSC_0237_431.jpg

It is the opening ceremony at Magic Kingdom! It has become a must do for our family for each trip.

Now for the introductions!

Here is a pic from our 2009 Trip to WDW.

Image600.jpg

We were all hot and sweaty and we do not look our best but we were having fun!!!!

Let me first introduce the youngest member of our family, Allison!!! She is 8 will be 9 in July. She informed me last week that she will officially be a 4th grader on the last day of school! She is currently in 3rd grade. I found this very cute and funny. She is such a character and our spoiled princess. princess:

Next is Aaron. He is 13, and very much a 13 year old! He is in middle school. He is currently in the Middle School Jazz Band and has been invited to participate in our local Youth trumbone Choir for the summer. He plans to join the High School Marching Band. He is such a sweet kid and has so much heart. We adore him. He is also our pirate:, yar! Matey!

Next is my Loving Husband, Shawn. Shawn is also here on the DIS! He is the true lover of Disney!!! He had been wanting to take a vacation to Disney World for years and convinced me in 2006 (our first trip) that we could afford to go. Ever since that first trip in 2006 we have been addicted!!! Shawn recently celebrated his 40th birthday. We had a party here at home and it was half 40th birthday and half a Mickey party!!! I will post a pic of the party later!

Last there is ME!!! My name is Tina, I am a very busy Mom and Daycare Provider! I have to split my spare time between a hundred and one things. I really wish I could DIS and Look at Disney pics all day and night long but alas that is not life!! :sad2: I actually have to be a Wife, Mom, House Keeper, and do my job. So I hop over to the DIS when I can.

Here is one of my Favorite Family Photopass pics from our trip in 2008:

image176.jpg

I love that photo!!! We have it framed on our Disney Pic wall!!!

UP Next.... Our Plans for our upcoming Trip and our DVC Story !!! :love:

I'm first! Love that picture of the MK opening show with all the streamers. Very nice!

Can't wait to hear your plans!

Hey, Tina! I'm over here from my PTR! It's great we're going to be there at the same time. Your family is so cute--we don't have long to go now!

I can't wait to hear more about your trip. I'm subbing :surfweb:

Thanks for joining me and :welcome:

Oh that's just a superior picture :) Love it!

Thanks I love that pic too! However, I can't take credit for it. Shawn (DH) took the pic with his Nikon D40 (which I thought was a D60 until he just informed me, NO! it is a D40) Anyhoo, ;) Thanks for joining me and :welcome:

Hey, Tina! I'm over here from my PTR! It's great we're going to be there at the same time. Your family is so cute--we don't have long to go now!

It is coming up!!! So excited!!! :woohoo::dance3::woohoo::dance3: :welcome:

I'm first! Love that picture of the MK opening show with all the streamers. Very nice!

Can't wait to hear your plans!

Awww....Thanks for being first!!! and :welcome:

Tina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You did it!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

I'll be following you along! Love the family pics and the one with the streamers! Really cool.

Can't wait to hear what you have planned!:surfweb: :goodvibes

Whooo Hooo-page 1. I am sad :sad1: we will miss you by just one day. Someday I hope our trips overlap!!

Tina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You did it!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

I'll be following you along! Love the family pics and the one with the streamers! Really cool.

Can't wait to hear what you have planned!:surfweb: :goodvibes

Thanks Tim!!!!! and :welcome: to my pre-trippie :goodvibes

Whooo Hooo-page 1. I am sad :sad1: we will miss you by just one day. Someday I hope our trips overlap!!

I am sad we will miss you guys by one day too!!! :welcome:

So Allison recently had her spring musical at school. She was so cute!!! I got a new camera recently. It also takes video. So I took a video of her singing and I thought I would share it. This is my first time attempt at video with this camera, so it is not so good.

Enjoy! Allison is on the bottom row in the pink shirt and skirt with long straight blond hair.

We really never thought we could afford DVC or for that matter qualify for it. We always assumed we would be paying for our vacations staying at value or moderate resorts and maybe just maybe DVC would be in the future.

We had originally booked our vacation for 2 nights at Disney's Vero Beach and 12 days 11 nights at Pop Century. We had it all paid for by the end of December 2009.

February 2010, we received an offer to buy into DVC for Bay Lake Tower. So my mind started to spin and I called Shawn and said, "Do you think that Disney would allow us to cancel our current trip take only the money we paid on rooms and apply it to the down payment for DVC and then we could use our points to go on our trip at the same time." He said, "I do not know but I will call".

So we called and the points for Kidani were cheaper and we also received 2009 points along with 2010 points for double the points. We were able to re-book our vacation at AKV's Kidani Village and still go to Disney's Vero Beach for the same 2 nights. On top of that the money we paid for Dining and Tickets we used to buy Premium Annual Passes (which we plan to use for upcoming trips in October 2010 and May 2011) before they expire (we plan to renew) and we were still able to buy the Dining Plan and we have $200 left over! What about them apples!!!

We know we are going to use DVC every year, because our plan was to return to Disney every year for a vacation. Because of the extra years points we are able to return to Disney at Halloween 2010 and in May for the Flower and Garden Festival 2011.

We plan to cruise in Dec 2011 on the new Disney Dream (paying for cruise not using DVC) and spend Christmas at Disney 2011.

Then, we will return to our normal May/June Trips to Disney each year starting in 2012.

The good thing about DVC, I know I am always going to DISNEY!!! Helps the obsessed be more obsessed!!!

A lot of planning has been going on in this place.

So that is our DVC story!

I wanted to show everyone Allison's Easter Dress. It is so beautiful and she lets me dress her up on occasion. After church, she told me the dress was itchy and she would never wear it again and she picked it out. The same thing happens with all the Disney Princess dresses she picks out and wears.

So at least I got a picture:

EasterDress2010-1.jpg

and here is one of Mom and Daughter together:

Easter12010-1.jpg

Hey! I noticed you've started a PTR--so I came over to read....I'm glad I don't have much catching up to do. :goodvibes

I love that 1st picture you posted of the Opening show at MK. I sooooo hope I get to see that for the 1st time this year!

What an awesome DVC story! We bought ours last year while on vacation, so we're using it for the 1st time this May. You guys have lots of vacations up your sleeves! I can't wait to hear all about them!

Your Allison's dress is beautiful! My DD loves to dress up still in her old Easter/Christmas/Halloween dresses....she wears them until it's impossible to wear them anymore! :laughing:

Hey! I noticed you've started a PTR--so I came over to read....I'm glad I don't have much catching up to do. :goodvibes

I love that 1st picture you posted of the Opening show at MK. I sooooo hope I get to see that for the 1st time this year!

What an awesome DVC story! We bought ours last year while on vacation, so we're using it for the 1st time this May. You guys have lots of vacations up your sleeves! I can't wait to hear all about them!

Your Allison's dress is beautiful! My DD loves to dress up still in her old Easter/Christmas/Halloween dresses....she wears them until it's impossible to wear them anymore! :laughing:

Thanks for stopping by and :welcome:

We love that pic, Shawn was so excited when he caught that! You rarely see a pic with the streamers.

It is so nice your DD still wears her dresses. I told Allison we were not buying anymore princess dresses because she will not wear them. She said, OK! So that did not work! :rolleyes: She will wear skirts with shirts, at least I still have that. :lovestruc

YAY!!!! I found you! I'm looking forward to the pics of your meal. I can't wait to see how it went. They are so much fun!

What a beautiful family you have there!! What lovely pictures from Easter. Her dress was very cute.

I love the DVC story. It can truly be really affordable. I'm glad yall got to figure this out BEFORE taking the trip.

Sadly, I'll be missing yall by a few days. Maybe another trip another year.

We decided to have a Family Disney Night! I got to first pick since today is my Birthday! So I chose Toy Story!

Here are the Table Decorations:

ToyStoryNightTableDecorated5-1-10.jpg

We saved table cloth and decorations, threw away the used plates and cups - thinking ahead for the next Toy Story night.

While we were waiting for the pizza to cook the kids colored Toy Story pictures.

ToyStoryNight5-1-2010ColoringPages.jpg

Here is the Menu:

ToyStoryNightMenu.jpg

Here is our Sheriff Woody Cookie!

SherriffWoodyCookieToyStoryNight5-1.jpg

Pizza Planet Pepperoni Pizza

PizzaPlanetPepperoniPizzaToyStoryNi.jpg

and Alien Green Salads! (not pictured)

We then watched the Movie Toy Story and ate Cheese Crunchies (aka Cheetoes Cheese Puffs)!

Then we played Toy Story Mania on Wii

We had such a wonderful time. It was so much fun planning what theme we were going to do, what to call the food and then going to buy decorations.

Allison helped me to decorate the table Saturday Morning. Aaron had a Soccer game so Allison helped me make the cookies. It was great family time.

We are planning to have 3 more Disney theme nights before we leave on vacation. Then, we plan to have a Disney theme night once per month.

YAY!!!! I found you! I'm looking forward to the pics of your meal. I can't wait to see how it went. They are so much fun!

What a beautiful family you have there!! What lovely pictures from Easter. Her dress was very cute.

I love the DVC story. It can truly be really affordable. I'm glad yall got to figure this out BEFORE taking the trip.

Sadly, I'll be missing yall by a few days. Maybe another trip another year.

Hi! and :welcome: Thanks for joining me, and I agree I am so glad that we joined before we went on the trip and it worked out so well for us.

I actually have to work :rolleyes1 lunch and naps before I could post about the Disney Theme Night. :rotfl: I have so much more I could post today but I have to save some for another day plus the little ones will be waking up soon and then I have to pick up Aaron from school. Sheesh!! Life gets in the way of the DIS.

Cheerio!!!

That DIsney night looks so fun! We're going to have to do it sometime--just don't know when. We have baseball right now, and it seems like sometimes we leave the house at 6am and don't get home until 10pm!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter