School is Out, Let's hit the Road! We're Going to Disney World! PTR 5/27 - 6/11/2010

Tina-
It looks like you guys had a great time with your Toy Story night. Your pizza looks really good! popcorn::

I would love to do a Disney themed night but I'm not that creative and my DW works till 8 or 9 pm so she isn't home for dinner. :confused3

Your DVC story has got me wondering about DVC. (thanks alot!) I wonder if it is doable. :scratchin

That DIsney night looks so fun! We're going to have to do it sometime--just don't know when. We have baseball right now, and it seems like sometimes we leave the house at 6am and don't get home until 10pm!

Maybe after baseball season is over you can have a Disney night. It was really fun and it was nice because we did it as a family. The planning, decorating, and the food.

The picture of you and your dd is sooo beautiful. And your Toy Story themed family night looked like so much.

Thanks! Allison is my princess, she is getting older and I miss the little girl days. She is changing on me. It is so sad for me. Family night was fun!!

Tina-
It looks like you guys had a great time with your Toy Story night. Your pizza looks really good! popcorn::

I would love to do a Disney themed night but I'm not that creative and my DW works till 8 or 9 pm so she isn't home for dinner. :confused3

Your DVC story has got me wondering about DVC. (thanks alot!) I wonder if it is doable. :scratchin

That Pizza was good ;) Maybe you can do something special with Juliana and make your own version of a Disney night. It doesn't have to be all creative. :goodvibes And after joining DVC and being scared of it for years before we joined I bet is it doable. Just look into it and when the time is right it will work out.

Crazy Us Story:

Shawn and I have been laughing for days!!! Because we both realized that we spelled Sheriff wrong. It is so funny for us. First, he started it by spelling it wrong on the menu for Toy Story night. Then, I was making the cookies and grabbed his menu because I wasn't sure how to spell and did not feel like looking it up on onelook.com. When I seen it on his menu, I thought that doesn't look right but surely he did spell check on WORD!!! Nope!!! So we have been laughing about for a while. It is just too much, first he said, Sheriff was a word I had a hard time with spelling! :rotfl: Guess you had to be there! :confused3 So we are laughing about that. Then we are laughing more because election day just passed and there were about several hundred signs that said sheriff around our town for the last few months. Guess you have to laugh at yourself on occasion. :rolleyes1

Update next.......

We are driving!!! :car:

We are leaving Indiana on Thursday evening 5/27, with an overnight stay in Tennesse.

We plan to arrive at Disney on Friday afternoon 5/28. We booked a one night stay at Coronado Springs Resort on an Annual Passholders rate. We got a good discount and we have never stayed at this moderate resort before, plus the rate was the same as staying at a downtown disney hotel for one night. Why not stay on property! :yay:

On Saturday 5/29 and Sunday 5/30 we will be at Disney's Vero Beach. Our kids have not been to the ocean despite our 3 previous trips to Disney World. So the plan is to spend sometime at the beach for a few days. Plus I have so many good beach memories as kid when we lived in Oceanside, CA. I want them to have some beach memories too! :beach:

On Sunday 5/31 - Thursday 6/10 - We are checking into AKV Kidani village for 11 day 11 night stay! :woohoo: We chose a studio with a savanna view and not a one bedroom because we wanted to stay for a longer vacation and we wanted to go back to Disney a few times over the next 2 years.

On Friday 6/11 it is check out day and time to drive home. :sad: Always a sad day for me but this time I hope I feel better because we have DVC and we will be back for sure. :love:

I love your Sheriff Woody cookie--too cute! :goodvibes

We love the beach, too! I don't think we'll be going this year, though. :sad1:

I do want to see Vero Beach one day, though. I'm looking forward to your TR to see all your beautiful pictures!

I love your Sheriff Woody cookie--too cute! :goodvibes

We love the beach, too! I don't think we'll be going this year, though. :sad1:

I do want to see Vero Beach one day, though. I'm looking forward to your TR to see all your beautiful pictures!

Thank you :lovestruc I look forward to sharing our vacation with everyone :yay:

So with all our wonderful memories of Disney fresh in my mind because we are leaving at the end of this month and I have reviewed pictures from past Disney vacations. I thought it would be nice to post some pics of the resorts we have previously stayed at! Plus, the kiddos are sleeping and I don't feel like cleaning or reading at the moment.

Our first stay was at Port Orleans Riverside in 2006, Here are some pics:

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

We really enjoyed this resort and the main pool here. It reminded me of being at Summer Camp. We also liked the counter service food court here.

Our Second Stay was at Pop Century, My Mother and Niece tagged along in 2008.

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2403.jpg

We enjoyed Pop! It was nice and the pool was fun. We did slightly miss the luxury of a Moderate resort compared to a Value Resort. Like the fridge and the curtain the separates the bathroom from the rest of the room. We really enjoyed Everything Pop's Dining. It was busy but very nice and my picky eaters enjoyed their cheese fries and nachos! :)

In 2009 we stayed at 2 Disney Resorts:

#1 was a one night stay at Beach Club:

DSC_0030_226.jpg

DSC_0145_341.jpg

DSC_0150_346.jpg

DSC_0126_322.jpg

We did not go to a park, we just hung out at Storm Along Bay and watched Illuminations from the bridge that night along with exploring the Boardwalk. Our room was a waterview, we ended up at a quiet pool that was right outside our room and we were really close to the International Gateway Entrance by Epcot. It was nice. We were wishing we could have stayed here the entire time. But the budget did not allow that.

We also stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort in a Pirate Standard Room in 2009:

DSC_0201_395.jpg

DSC_0204_398.jpg

DSC_0212_406.jpg

The pirate rooms were themed very well and we enjoyed the room but we were way out in the country. We knew this when we booked it. I really enjoyed how close we were to our van but when it came to swimming or refillable mugs we had to drive to the main house because we did not enjoy the quiet pool that was close to us. Overall, we did enjoy Caribbean Beach Resort and would stay here again. But the room would have to be closer to the main pool and refillable mugs. We also did not like the counter service food court here. It was ok, but the choices were very limited.

Great updates! I love your DVC story and your comment about it helping the obsessed be even more obsessed. Ain't that the truth! It's so great knowing we can keep going back...it makes coming home a little more tolerable.

What a fun movie night! I enjoyed the video too. That is my favorite game on the TSM video game. haha!

One of the things we love so much about DVC is getting to stay at all the different properties. Our goal is to stay at them all and we are well on our way (our home is SSR so we've stayed there, BCV, VWL, and AKL/Kidani)! Something else to look forward to with being Vacation Club members. :banana:

I love looking at the different resorts! One day we'll have to buy DVC, but until then, I'll content myself with putting Beach Club, CBR, CR, and maybe the Ft Wilderness cabins on our list of to-dos.

Great updates! I love your DVC story and your comment about it helping the obsessed be even more obsessed. Ain't that the truth! It's so great knowing we can keep going back...it makes coming home a little more tolerable.

What a fun movie night! I enjoyed the video too. That is my favorite game on the TSM video game. haha!

One of the things we love so much about DVC is getting to stay at all the different properties. Our goal is to stay at them all and we are well on our way (our home is SSR so we've stayed there, BCV, VWL, and AKL/Kidani)! Something else to look forward to with being Vacation Club members. :banana:

I plan on staying at every DVC resort also, I would like to experience each one. We also have plans to stay at a few that are not on the DVC list and use the Annual Passholder discount. Like, the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and PORFQ. You know those one or two night stays when you arrive in town before you go to the parks :rolleyes1 Actually, that is my excuse. Glad you like the video, Allison is such a character! :laughing:

I love looking at the different resorts! One day we'll have to buy DVC, but until then, I'll content myself with putting Beach Club, CBR, CR, and maybe the Ft Wilderness cabins on our list of to-dos.

Gotta Have a list of Resorts to stay at!!! We still have that ;)

Your view of the POP pool was amazing!

I would like to stay at the Beach Club someday. That resort looks lovely!

Your sheriff/sherriff story is soo funny! I didn't even notice. I must admit I am not the best speller in the world. :rolleyes1

Your day at Beach Club sounds nice! I can't wait until we get to stay there just for StormAlong Bay!

I love how the dresser in that Pirate Room is stacked up crates! That is cool...thanks for posting those pictures, I haven't seen many of those rooms!

Your view of the POP pool was amazing!

I would like to stay at the Beach Club someday. That resort looks lovely!

Your sheriff/sherriff story is soo funny! I didn't even notice. I must admit I am not the best speller in the world. :rolleyes1

We really loved the POP pool it was fun and the kids swam in it everyday and the Beach Club was so much fun we are looking forward to staying there again. Spelling not my forte :rolleyes:

Your day at Beach Club sounds nice! I can't wait until we get to stay there just for StormAlong Bay!

I love how the dresser in that Pirate Room is stacked up crates! That is cool...thanks for posting those pictures, I haven't seen many of those rooms!

Storm Along Bay was fun and the kids really enjoyed it. The sand is fake sand it is not like beach sand but still fun to play in. You can't make a sand castle out of it :confused3 The pirate room was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed it.

Does anyone miss this!!!

DSC_0829_1018-1.jpg

DSC_0834_1023.jpg

I Do!!!! I love falling asleep to this channel and waking up to it in the morning at Disney, I wish I could see it from home.

So we invited our Friends over for Disney Cars Night! JP, Amy, and their 7 year old Triplets Carson, Emily, and Megan. We had so much and so did they. They love Disney Too!!!

We had to split between 2 tables since there were so many of us. So I made an Adult Cars Table:

046.jpg

And a Kids Cars Table:

047.jpg

Here is the Menu:

048.jpg

The Kids colored Cars Pictures:

IMG_0078.jpg

and Played Hot Rod or Hot Potatoe:

058.jpg

as you can see we used a Lightening McQueen Car as our Hot Potatoe!

See my Hidden Mickey and our Leaning Tower of Tires (Chocolate Donuts) which was a huge hit. The kids and adults ate them all!

051.jpg

Here is some of the food:

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

and Finally, we all watched the movie Cars!!

IMG_0086.jpg

It was a lot of fun!

I think we are going to do Lilo & Stitch/ Polynesian Ohana night next!!!!

Joining in!!:goodvibes (I followed you over from my TR:)) Your plans look great!!:thumbsup2 Congrats on joining DVC!! We've always assumed we would stay value or moderate too...but your DVC story made me wonder if it was possible...hmmm..

Love your Disney Theme Nights!! It looks like you had so much fun!!:thumbsup2

Oh..I know what you mean about the beach. We've been to Disney 4 times now and still haven't made it to the ocean. Hopefully next trip! My SIL took my nephew a few years ago to Disney's Vero Beach and loved it!

Thanks for posting your pics of the Beach Club!:cloud9: We're really hoping to stay there one day!!

Okay..I'm all caught up! Can't wait for more!:)

Another great Disney theme night!

I think I've would of been hitting the donut tower too!!! popcorn::

Your Poly night sounds like it could be interesting... you gonna do a pig roast? LOLOL

Looove that donut tower of tires! How awesome is that?!?!

All those food pictures make me hungry--I think it's time for lunch! :lmao:

Joining in!!:goodvibes (I followed you over from my TR:)) Your plans look great!!:thumbsup2 Congrats on joining DVC!! We've always assumed we would stay value or moderate too...but your DVC story made me wonder if it was possible...hmmm..

Love your Disney Theme Nights!! It looks like you had so much fun!!:thumbsup2

Oh..I know what you mean about the beach. We've been to Disney 4 times now and still haven't made it to the ocean. Hopefully next trip! My SIL took my nephew a few years ago to Disney's Vero Beach and loved it!

Thanks for posting your pics of the Beach Club!:cloud9: We're really hoping to stay there one day!!

Okay..I'm all caught up! Can't wait for more!:)

:welcome: and thanks for joining me and the family :hug:

DVC, it always makes you wonder! ;) So glad to hear great reviews of Vero Beach. We are really looking forward to it. I was thinking that we should have put it at the end of the vacation instead of the beginning. We will see how it turns out. Disney Theme night was really fun. I am currently planning our Lilo & Stitch, Polynesian - Ohana Night! It is coming together and I have already planned a menu.

Beach Club was fun and we really enjoyed it. I would highly recommend staying there and enjoying it!

Another great Disney theme night!

I think I've would of been hitting the donut tower too!!! popcorn::

Your Poly night sounds like it could be interesting... you gonna do a pig roast? LOLOL

Ha!Ha! :rotfl: Pig Roast! I am not that much of a homemaker! The donut tower was fun, at first, I thought Donuts at dinner :scared1: You are suspose to have donuts for dinner but I gave in and it was fun.

Looove that donut tower of tires! How awesome is that?!?!

All those food pictures make me hungry--I think it's time for lunch! :lmao:

Mmmm....I have been planning my lunch all morning. Can't wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter