Sept 17-30 incentives - speculation

Rgrif3

Earning My Ears
These current incentives end on September 16, which is two weeks before the end of the fiscal year for Disney. Do you think that there may be a bigger incentive planned for the end of September to get some sales in before the end of the fiscal year? It seems like Disney is like Apple and wouldn’t have a blowout sale (I don’t see them offering better discounts than right now). Perhaps this is when they’ll increase direct buy-in amounts to drum up sales.

@CastAStone - You think they will have a break between the current incentive expiration on 9/16 and the points increase? The current incentives are unimpressive to say the least. Any incentive for me to buy Direct at this point is to beat the increase in minimum points for Direct Benefits. So at this point, I see no reason to buy before September 16th UNLESS that meant the increase in minimum points were to go into effect 9/17. Thoughts?

@CastAStone - You think they will have a break between the current incentive expiration on 9/16 and the points increase? The current incentives are unimpressive to say the least. Any incentive for me to buy Direct at this point is to beat the increase in minimum points for Direct Benefits. So at this point, I see no reason to buy before September 16th UNLESS that meant the increase in minimum points were to go into effect 9/17. Thoughts?
Someone who’s been around longer than me might want to step in here, but I don’t believe Disney usually takes breaks in between incentives.

The current incentives are the largest they’ve offered for Riviera, and the largest they have ever offered on sold out results. While I am guessing (emphasis on guessing) that the next set of incentives on Riviera and Aulani will be larger than the current set, If you find them “unimpressive to say the least” I fear it is likely that you will find the next set unimpressive as well.

In 3 to 4 weeks, The orange county record of deeds sold will provide a much clearer picture of how their sales have been since re-opening. That will give us a better guess towards a future incentives.

Someone who’s been around longer than me might want to step in here, but I don’t believe Disney usually takes breaks in between incentives.

The current incentives are the largest they’ve offered for Riviera, and the largest they have ever offered on sold out results. While I am guessing (emphasis on guessing) that the next set of incentives on Riviera and Aulani will be larger than the current set, If you find them “unimpressive to say the least” I fear it is likely that you will find the next set unimpressive as well.

In 3 to 4 weeks, The orange county record of deeds sold will provide a much clearer picture of how their sales have been since re-opening. That will give us a better guess towards a future incentives.
I should have clarified that I was looking at the incentives on the sold-out resorts which start at $200. Thanks:)

I should have clarified that I was looking at the incentives on the sold-out resorts which start at $200. Thanks:)
Gotcha. Yes, those are super unimpressive, although again, they are the largest they’ve ever offered on sold out resorts. I don’t have a guess on those without having a better sense of how they’ve sold since they started offering incentives. Magic 8 ball says ask again later. 🤷‍♂️🎱

I think things stay flat or increase. I can't imagine them pulling discounts. Their incentive for you to buy is the 100 to 125 increase not price increases.

Could be surprised though. Basically just be ready with your plan if pricing does increase.

Last edited:
"I do not think we will have a better incentive..." This was included in an email to me about a week ago from my DVC guide.

I shared this quote last week: "The minimum number of points to get the blue card is also going up to 125... This is set to happen at the end of September." This is from the same email, same guide, he is as good as gold IMO.

Now, for my opinion...I just can't believe a company like DVC can't come up with creative incentives...they don't ever do anything "exciting" - just the same old thing. For once, I'd like to see a "flash sale", low or 0% interest rate, Gold AP better discount ( just bring it back, actually), a hefty gift card, "free" points or just about anything more exciting than $2 per point. I believe there are potential buyers on the fence that will go for 100 points IF they feel like they are getting a deal, IMO more than the current discounts. It doesn't appear that any of this will happen, but hopefully someone at DVC will come to their senses and come up with a creative sale for the transition from 100 to 125.

I will report in if I get any further info.

"I do not think we will have a better incentive..." This was included in an email to me about a week ago from my DVC guide.

I shared this quote last week: "The minimum number of points to get the blue card is also going up to 125... This is set to happen at the end of September." This is from the same email, same guide, he is as good as gold IMO.

Now, for my opinion...I just can't believe a company like DVC can't come up with creative incentives...they don't ever do anything "exciting" - just the same old thing. For once, I'd like to see a "flash sale", low or 0% interest rate, Gold AP better discount ( just bring it back, actually), a hefty gift card, "free" points or just about anything more exciting than $2 per point. I believe there are potential buyers on the fence that will go for 100 points IF they feel like they are getting a deal, IMO more than the current discounts. It doesn't appear that any of this will happen, but hopefully someone at DVC will come to their senses and come up with a creative sale for the transition from 100 to 125.

Did you ask about a specific resort? Sold out resorts? Or just in general?

Just wondering.

so we are fairly certain the 125 is happening?

Did you ask about a specific resort? Sold out resorts? Or just in general?

Just wondering.
As far as I know it is all the resorts including sold out. We were talking about both over the summer, sometimes on the phone, sometimes email probably once a week. He's a straight shooter and I've been in DVC for 25 years, so we "speak the same language". It just seems to be the status quo except increasing the minimum. I think they should up the ante and have voiced that diplomatically, but let's face it, he doesn't make those decisions.

Another reason why I added on at RR when I did and was just not in a gambling mood. I was satisfied with the current incentive combined with the additional discount I received. I doubt we’ll ever see the incentives from ten years ago when I bought my first contract.

I may be mistaken but I thought the incentives didn’t kick in on a 100pt purchase? I thought they were 150 and above? So if you plan a 100 pt purchase to make the minimum before it increases there may be no harm in waiting until sept 17...

I may be mistaken but I thought the incentives didn’t kick in on a 100pt purchase? I thought they were 150 and above? So if you plan a 100 pt purchase to make the minimum before it increases there may be no harm in waiting until sept 17...
If I were to buy I would contact them now and make sure there isn’t a waitlist. I would try to buy something September 15th to lock in the current incentives, if they come out with better incentives you can cancel... I’m pretty sure I’ve read that you have 10 days to back out.

Am I correct in assuming that you are not an existing member until you have points in your account? We are in the closing stage(waiting on documents to come back from japan).
DVC has told people they can buy with member discounts once the contract is loaded into their system and they generate an account number for you. Recently, that has been several weeks before you actually have points available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter