Sept 17-30 incentives - speculation

I heard the same thing from an agent on Tuesday.
However, he also told me that I wouldn't be able to access the Top of the World Lounge if I bought resale... which others here have pointed out is not true.
TOTW Lounge is funded by Maintenance Fees so, I could be wrong but am pretty certain here, can not be exclusively direct benefit.

Maybe it was a different agent who's not as experienced? I've seen other DVC workers who were also misinformed. My agent hasn't been wrong yet, but as I said previously, I don't see a reason for him to lie since I've already purchased a contract. I sent an email this morning more as a curiosity if he's heard anything regarding new discounts.

Yes, agreed, quite possible he was accurate about the incentives but was misinformed about the benefits.

I didn't mean to imply you shouldn't trust your agent... I was trying to say that I heard the same thing so likely a shared belief (or tactic) around the DVC office.... and that I'm now suspicious of my agent due to his statement about TOTWL.

Its interesting when a Riviera owner expresses their rather innocuous opinion after the resort being criticised for months it results in a comment of being OTT.
If someone described Riviera as vile I’d think it was over the top too. Vile is a word I reserve to describe something truly horrific, like nazis, or the Golden State Killer. Hard to think of any hotel room as such.

Yes, agreed, quite possible he was accurate about the incentives but was misinformed about the benefits.

I didn't mean to imply you shouldn't trust your agent... I was trying to say that I heard the same thing so likely a shared belief (or tactic) around the DVC office.... and that I'm now suspicious of my agent due to his statement about TOTWL.

I understand, and I too believe it’s a sales tactic for them to let people know early and push for more sales before their year-end.

I got a mailer from DVC today that indicates to buy now to "save $3750 or more" and to "Add on by 9/16, before these savings reduce by $1,050". So it looks like the incentives will go down...

I got a mailer from DVC today that indicates to buy now to "save $3750 or more" and to "Add on by 9/16, before these savings reduce by $1,050". So it looks like the incentives will go down...

Yeah, as @Cony pointed out, no reason for the guides/agents to lie about it. If they convinced someone to buy before the incentives were gone they wouldn't get any return/referral business is the incentives got better.

I just got a mailer that said basically the same. "Save $5,000 or more. Act by 9/16 before these savings reduce by $1,400"

I just got a mailer that said basically the same. "Save $5,000 or more. Act by 9/16 before these savings reduce by $1,400"
Those 2 data points imply a $7/point incentive reduction on 200 points for new buyers and on 150 points for existing buyers, to $18/point, or $177.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter