Sept 17-30 incentives - speculation

DVC has told people they can buy with member discounts once the contract is loaded into their system and they generate an account number for you. Recently, that has been several weeks before you actually have points available.
Dang, looks like i'll miss out on even having the option of the incentives.

Dang, looks like i'll miss out on even having the option of the incentives.

You have until September 15th I think it is? The direct bump from 100 to 125 is not happening until end of next month.

Where is your contract in process right now? Did you pass ROFR? Deed recorded?

Last edited:
You have until September 15th I think it is? The direct bump from 100 to 150 is not happening until end of next month.

Where is your contract in process right now? Did you pass ROFR? Deed recorded?
Waiting on documents to arrive from Japan. Sellers had appointment at US Embasy on the 23rd or 28th I think and closing company thought they would have had them last week but they didnt show up. Shes checking on the tracking number now. I think she said it takes 2-3 days for them to do what they need to do. After that I have no idea what the process is lol.

I spoke with my guide this week regarding incentives. I am planning a trip to Riviera end of sept. Even though it is AFTER the current incentives, i was willing to risk the savings to be sure I loved the resort. He said that with a $1000 deposit (for 150 points), it will hold the current incentives until i go down. At that point:
i don't like it? i get my $1000 back.
I like it? i get the current incentive OR the new incentive if it is better.
I guess i'm asking if this track right? or is there a risk that wasn't spelled out to me?

Last edited:
I spoke with my guide this week regarding incentives. I am planning a trip to Riviera end of sept. Even though it is AFTER the current incentives, i was willing to risk the savings to be sure I loved the resort. He said that with a $1000 deposit (for 150 points), it will hold the current incentives until i go down. At that point:
i don't like it? i get my $1000 back.
I like it? i get the current incentive OR the new incentive if it is better.
I guess i'm asking if this track right? or is there a risk that wasn't spelled out to me?
I wouldn't give him any deposit money unless what he told you (about getting your money back after you see the resort) is specified in writing as part of the purchase agreement. AFAIK, this hasn't been done before.

ETA: Timeshare owners can cancel any signed contract with a timeshare resale advertiser within 10 days and, if cancelled, the timeshare resale advertiser must provide a full refund to the timeshare owner in 20 days (or within five days after receipt of funds from the cleared check, whichever is later). This is per https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclop...ners can cancel any,check, whichever is later).

I wouldn't give him any deposit money unless what he told you (about getting your money back after you see the resort) is specified in writing as part of the purchase agreement. AFAIK, this hasn't been done before.

ETA: Timeshare owners can cancel any signed contract with a timeshare resale advertiser within 10 days and, if cancelled, the timeshare resale advertiser must provide a full refund to the timeshare owner in 20 days (or within five days after receipt of funds from the cleared check, whichever is later). This is per https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/florida-timeshare-foreclosure-right-cancel-laws.html#:~:text=Timeshare owners can cancel any,check, whichever is later).

How it worked for me to clarify was:
  • Give deposit over the phone via CC
  • They wrote up contract for me and delivered it I think it was 1-2 days later
  • The 10 day cancellation policy in writing was stated on the contract itself that once I signed that the 10 days would start
Now they in theory could cancel and pull back the contract that was sitting at me waiting to sign but I find it doubtful that they would do that. Instead likely what is happening is that the contract is going to sit there waiting for the person to sign.

Giving a deposit from my view would not lock me in or start the timing of needing to cancel since the deposit was done via phone. Also fairly certain I did my cancellation at 12 days after my phone deposit.

Can't say if what I did was normal or not though.

How it worked for me to clarify was:
  • Give deposit over the phone via CC
  • They wrote up contract for me and delivered it I think it was 1-2 days later
  • The 10 day cancellation policy in writing was stated on the contract itself that once I signed that the 10 days would start
Now they in theory could cancel and pull back the contract that was sitting at me waiting to sign but I find it doubtful that they would do that. Instead likely what is happening is that the contract is going to sit there waiting for the person to sign.

Giving a deposit from my view would not lock me in or start the timing of needing to cancel since the deposit was done via phone. Also fairly certain I did my cancellation at 12 days after my phone deposit.

Can't say if what I did was normal or not though.
And I hope it's like that for everyone. But personally, I couldn't get past the actual written agreement that says 10 days from signing.

I assume one would have to sign to be sure of getting current incentives, which would start the 10 day clock. Once I sign, I am on the hook if Disney chooses not to give me the better incentives (if they materialize). That's what would worry me. In OP's situation, I would wait, betting that the next set of incentives would be better than the ones I could get right now. Rather bet on that than bet that Disney will stand behind what guide told me orally over the phone. YMMV.

But personally, I couldn't get past the actual written agreement that says 10 days from signing.

Correct but you are not signing anything. They are taking a deposit and then giving you the contract. You haven't signed anything.

The contract sits for your review and awaits your signature.

Correct but you are not signing anything. They are taking a deposit and then giving you the contract. You haven't signed anything.

The contract sits for your review and awaits your signature.
He said i would not sign the contract until we met in person (not required in person but only because i was traveling to disney).

And I hope it's like that for everyone. But personally, I couldn't get past the actual written agreement that says 10 days from signing.

I assume one would have to sign to be sure of getting current incentives, which would start the 10 day clock. Once I sign, I am on the hook if Disney chooses not to give me the better incentives (if they materialize). That's what would worry me. In OP's situation, I would wait, betting that the next set of incentives would be better than the ones I could get right now. Rather bet on that than bet that Disney will stand behind what guide told me orally over the phone. YMMV.

Actually, they will give you the incentives or the new ones as you are waiting to finalize, Even if you sign and new ones come out in the 10 days, you can tell them you want the new ones,

This is what happened to me twice with direct buys..last year for RIV and when I bought BLT,

So, if I was interested, I’d put deposit down a day or two before 5e incentives ended and ask the guide to hold off on paperwork until I visited, In my experience, they have always been pretty good about it all and flexible!

Aw dang. Reading about the increase from 100 to 125 has me considering purchasing direct before the increase for the blue card benefits.
My first contract (resale) only closed 2.5 weeks ago, so I don't think I would have my membership number in time for the 100 pt existing member incentive.
Another unfortunate factor, my UY is SEP, so if I buy after the next 2 weeks I lose out on 2019 points (which I know is unlikely at this point anyway at sold out resorts due to waitlists/proximity to UY).
Boo ☹️

Someone who’s been around longer than me might want to step in here, but I don’t believe Disney usually takes breaks in between incentives.

The current incentives are the largest they’ve offered for Riviera, and the largest they have ever offered on sold out results. While I am guessing (emphasis on guessing) that the next set of incentives on Riviera and Aulani will be larger than the current set, If you find them “unimpressive to say the least” I fear it is likely that you will find the next set unimpressive as well.

In 3 to 4 weeks, The orange county record of deeds sold will provide a much clearer picture of how their sales have been since re-opening. That will give us a better guess towards a future incentives.
There was a long long time where they offered ZERO incentives. Several years. Like BLT, VGF and Poly....don't think they offered any. Could be wrong. But don't recall any. Def not VGF. Don't remember any for AKV, except maybe a free cruise or X number of free points or something.

If you're worried they will be offering more discounts, buy now and ask for a delayed closing. My DVC rep said if there is a better discount, they can change the contract and adjust the pricing.

If you're worried they will be offering more discounts, buy now and ask for a delayed closing. My DVC rep said if there is a better discount, they can change the contract and adjust the pricing.
I was just going to mention the same. I asked my DVC guide about upcoming incentives. He did say he doesn't expect them to be better, but he mentioned that since my Direct Contract purchased late June won't close until late September at the earliest, that if the newer incentives happen to be lower, that I can request to be repriced since my contract will not have closed.

He says it won't close until all money has been collected, or financed. Since I requested to pay by credit card over 90 days/4 payments (immediate deposit, then 30 days, 60 days, 90 days) to spread out the payments on my Disney Visa, my last payment is 9/24, and I won't close till after then.

So it's something to keep in mind! If you purchase direct on current incentives but spread out payments, it will delay your closing and allow you to change to the new incentives if they are better!

Pure speculation on my part but could the new incentive perhaps have a correlation to the new rumored 125 point min? Could there be a potential “25 point bonus” for every 100 points purchased at RIV? Given how far behind DVC is right now in selling the allotment of RIV points wouldn’t it make sense to start giving point bonuses on purchases? I’m sure DVC wants to start collecting more MF in 2021 and why not hook in the consumer by giving them more points to pay MFs on each year?

I was just going to mention the same. I asked my DVC guide about upcoming incentives. He did say he doesn't expect them to be better, but he mentioned that since my Direct Contract purchased late June won't close until late September at the earliest, that if the newer incentives happen to be lower, that I can request to be repriced since my contract will not have closed.

He says it won't close until all money has been collected, or financed. Since I requested to pay by credit card over 90 days/4 payments (immediate deposit, then 30 days, 60 days, 90 days) to spread out the payments on my Disney Visa, my last payment is 9/24, and I won't close till after then.

So it's something to keep in mind! If you purchase direct on current incentives but spread out payments, it will delay your closing and allow you to change to the new incentives if they are better!
Any idea if one purchases before the direct point increase but closes after the effective date, which point minimum they are bound to?

Aw dang. Reading about the increase from 100 to 125 has me considering purchasing direct before the increase for the blue card benefits.
My first contract (resale) only closed 2.5 weeks ago, so I don't think I would have my membership number in time for the 100 pt existing member incentive.
Another unfortunate factor, my UY is SEP, so if I buy after the next 2 weeks I lose out on 2019 points (which I know is unlikely at this point anyway at sold out resorts due to waitlists/proximity to UY).
Boo ☹

I would call and ask. I would think if you are willing to buy but only before the month of August ends and your just waiting on a member number from your resale there would be a way for the sales division to get someone in administration to load it in.

Any idea if one purchases before the direct point increase but closes after the effective date, which point minimum they are bound to?
I don't know the answer to that question, but I imagine if you keep the contract as written before the point increase, it would be 100 points. If you ask for the contract to be rewritten to new incentives, I imagine that would also mean you are bound by the new point requirements of 125.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter