September 2011 - We are going to Disney World {THIS MONTH}! (Third Thread)

They are 13 and 8. The little guy would be really easy to shop for, if it wasn't for the older one's influence.... I am thinking electronics (maybe a new xbox 360) but they love Lego's and I saw some that I think they will like. They made a wish list on Amazon too, so I will probably end up picking off that. Now that Walmart has layaway again (well kind of) I may go over there and take advantage of it.

There are some really awesome legos sets out there...so much better than when I was buying for my guys. You can't go wrong with xbox or the Amazon wish list. Makes things a lot easier.

Just wanted my 2000th post to be with my Sept. buddies! Have a great week everyone!:goodvibes

For my seasonal job we were able to select things the day before and put them aside to purchase when we were on break or off shift. That was extremely helpful! It was also organized in such a way as to be a efficient as possible. When you shop on BF, it's kinda like being at Disney. You know there will be lines, but you think it's worth it.:lmao:

Unfortunately setting items aside for later purchase is against our store policy!!! Stockers get away with doing it though, but very hard for cashiers to do it!!!

Happy Halloween September DISer! I absolutely plan to catch back up; but since our vacation I have been BUSY :rotfl2: with my princess.

386860_251958744852950_102115979837228_682684_372491889_n.jpg

Happy Halloween Everyone!

Just wanted my 2000th post to be with my Sept. buddies! Have a great week everyone!:goodvibes
:cool1:

Brandy - what a great picture!

Happy Halloween to you too Sillylily! And everyone else too!! I cannot believe we have been home for a month :sad1: One month down, way too many to go.

Hey all going back to WDW for F&W at EPCOT today and tomorrow. I will put updates on my FB, but I cannot post pics for some reason, so will add those when we get home.

Hi everyone!! :flower3:

So... questions...

What restaurant did you go to this trip that you loved and want to do again

Any that you didn't care for and want to avoid next time?

Did you love where you stayed? Is that where you would return to?

Or is there somewhere else you would like to try..?

It is getting cold here so my dreams are turning to WDW ..as usual :lovestruc

We love, love, loved the Crystal Palace! :love: The character interaction and food were both fantastic. I would make the 8:05 am reservation again in a heartbeat; it was wonderful for us to have our picture taken on Main Street, and NO ONE be in the picture but us!:yay:

What would I avoid eating? Pecos Bills. Of all of the counter services we ate (and there were quite a few that were pretty blah, this one sticks out in my mind as the worst.

We stayed at Pop, and we loved it. I would return tomorrow if I could. I loved the jukebox building, and so did the kids. We could see Epcot and the ToT from there.

HOWEVER... if I were staying value again, maybe we'd try AoA? Just for the theming; the Lion King, Finding Nemo and Little Mermaid are favorite movies in my home. Plus, Pop is right across the water, if we chose to visit. :hug: If we were going all out, I would like to try the Poly. I love the idea of a monorail resort, and double love the thought of the Poly beach. :cheer2: But, I have a lot of trouble splurging to that magnitude on the hotel, when I know we won't spend much time there.

And my MIL and I do the BF marathon every year! But, thanks to my DH, Christmas is actually just about completely shopped for! :banana: He got a super great deals on two laptops (one for each girl), which works out great because they always have ours for schoolwork and end up overlapping when they need it. They are also getting a Wii. Other than a few odds and ends, Christmas is pretty much done. I will still be studying my BF ads and organizing an attack. Probaby Sears; they do Department 56 houses half price nearly every year, and I need to finish out my A Christmas Story set. Ill end up hitting JC Penney too, as they always have steals on clothes.

Do any of you buy commemorative Christmas ornaments from your trips? I didnt pick one up while were in WDW, but I ordered one for our tree. I also ordered a Chip and Dale, an Eeyore, a Stitch and a Donald Duck. :rotfl2:

We do one ornament each trip. I prefer the slightly discreet ones, but characters nonetheless. We have Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Dopey, chip and Dale and whatever it is that I bought this year. Won't remember until I unpack and hang it on the tree. Which by the way goes up this Sunday! We are early birds by tradition. One year we actually put it up prior to Halloween (scared the pants off plenty of folk that night), since then we have settled for the first Sunday in November. It stays up until Jan. 1st.

Major intense cleaning and special treats to make over the next few days in preparation. :banana::banana::banana:

Hey all, got back last night. I did not want to leave!:sad1:

POP is getting some make-overs. We stayed in building 3, Tramp. He was getting a makeover. New paint. There was some jack hammering going on at the Hippy Dippy pool at 830am.... :scared1: (loud) and some parking lot refurbs in 80/90 parking lot. I will add more info to my TR and dining info to my DR.

Unfortunately setting items aside for later purchase is against our store policy!!! Stockers get away with doing it though, but very hard for cashiers to do it!!!

I wondered if that policy was unusual. Sorry you can't take advantage of that. Hope your day goes smoothly. How's your Mom doing?

Happy Halloween September DISer! I absolutely plan to catch back up; but since our vacation I have been BUSY :rotfl2: with my princess.

How adorable! She looks like a true princess!

Do any of you buy commemorative Christmas ornaments from your trips? I didnt pick one up while were in WDW, but I ordered one for our tree. I also ordered a Chip and Dale, an Eeyore, a Stitch and a Donald Duck. :rotfl2:

DH and I get an ornament every year, but not necessarily a commemorative one. We have been getting the Minnie and Mickey ornaments in the front of the Christmas store lately. They are cream colored and old fashioned looking and we just love them!

Just got this in the mail the other day, it made me all teary. Anyone else get one?

That is so cute! We got a post card from Wilderness Lodge asking us to take a survey about our WL experience. It's always nice to get Mickey Mail of any kind!

So, Marblies gets her tree up the first weekend in November. When do the rest of you put yours up? I usually do it right after Thanksgiving weekend. But this year I may do it ahead of time because one of my DDs will be here and we may do it together. That would be fun. Since we went to Disney the first week of last December, the tree was late getting up and I hated that! But LOVED Disney's decorations!

POP is getting some make-overs. We stayed in building 3, Tramp. He was getting a makeover. New paint. There was some jack hammering going on at the Hippy Dippy pool at 830am.... :scared1: (loud) and some parking lot refurbs in 80/90 parking lot. I will add more info to my TR and dining info to my DR.

Glad you had fun. Too bad about the construction noise.:sad2: I would like to try Pop next trip. Which building is your favorite?

So, Marblies gets her tree up the first weekend in November. When do the rest of you put yours up? I usually do it right after Thanksgiving weekend. But this year I may do it ahead of time because one of my DDs will be here and we may do it together. That would be fun. Since we went to Disney the first week of last December, the tree was late getting up and I hated that! But LOVED Disney's decorations!
Ours can vary. Sometimes we put the tree up before Thanksgiving and sometimes mid-December because of an early December Disney trip. I like enjoying it as long as we can (until February sometimes!), but I feel like Thanksgiving is getting passed over these days, so we will probably wait until after Thanksgiving.

I just went into Target this morning. All the Halloween decorations are down and all the signage and decorations say Merry Christmas. Where's the love for Thanksgiving?? Why can't they have more Fall related decor to include Thanksgiving in the first place, so that it's a natural transition to Christmas. Everything goes from bats and jack-o-lanterns to tree trimmings. What happened to giving thanks for the bounty of lives?? Even just walking through an empty Target this morning, it was surreal to see all the shelves brimming with so much food (and not even staples of our diet, but cakes, and cookies, and all the extras). We live in such a land of plenty and Americans seem to forget that sometimes. Oh well. My soapbox for today. :mic:

Glad you had fun. Too bad about the construction noise.:sad2: I would like to try Pop next trip. Which building is your favorite?

I have stayed twice, and liked both locations. However I preferred our first location 6322 which was in building 6, Mickey Mouse phone building. We had a lakeview, although obstructed by trees. It was very quiet (no pool noise).

This time we had room 3270. It was a preferred king in the Tramp building. I didn't realize I was getting a preferred room when I booked, as I called and didn't ask. (my own fault) It was not right in front of the pool and we didn't hear any noise from it but it was also chilly outside and we were only in the room from 11pm-9am, so no one was in it.

If I were to stay at POP again with just dbf, I would request a king room, lake facing.

Most buildings are a quick walk to classic hall, the buses, and parking. Most rooms have a less than 5 minute walk to them.

I actively avoid pools, especially the hippy dippy pool. No matter what time, there is some activity going on.

I would highly recommend POP to anyone.

Glad you enjoyed your trip even with news!

Our Christmas tree, by absolute tradition, goes up on Thanksgiving. On Black Friday I load it all under there!:rotfl2:I definitely have to get it done early this year, I'm scheduled to have surgery the second week of December and won't be leaving the house until January. I love Thanksgiving; November is my favorite month of the year. It's still in the 60s here during the day, but the leaves have turned and the nights are cool enough for campfires.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter