September 2011 - We are going to Disney World {THIS MONTH}! (Third Thread)

So... questions...

What restaurant did you go to this trip that you loved and want to do again
Cape May Cafe! We loved the food and the atmosphere. Unfortunately, all DS2 wanted to eat was Chicken Nuggets. We are pescatarian and don't eat meat, but I he was so insistent that I caved. At least he ate something. ;)
Any that you didn't care for and want to avoid next time?
We were disappointed with both Mama Melrose and Coral Reef. They were both repeats from previous trips, so I don't think we'll do either of them again, there are plenty of other places to try. (MM we had a long wait, and I really didn't enjoy my entree, CR was good, but not great, and we were a long way from the tank).
Did you love where you stayed? Is that where you would return to?
We did really like CBR, loved the pirate room (beds were more comfortable than our beds at home) but probably won't go there again. The pool was awesome, but the food court was just meh. And although we decided to wait a year to buy into DVC, I fully anticipate our first trip home will be in November 2013, to AKV.
Or is there somewhere else you would like to try..?
We can't wait to stay at AKV, FWV, and BWV!
Thanks for posting the questions, it's been fun reading everyone's answers!

Went QS, but ate at Pinocchio's for the first time and loved the Mediteranean inspired salad. Made for a refreshing and tasty change of pace.

I really wanted to try that, but we never had the chance.

Cape May Cafe... AWESOME seafood!!! I loaded down with crab legs, but I smelled a fishy smell around me for 2 weeks after!!! Only negative is transportation... we had some issues getting there and returning to our resort, but other than that I would definately return.

We loved it too! We took the bus to HS, then the Friendship Boat to the YC/BC. It was a really nice trip, and the YC cemented DH's desire for DVC--
we wandered in there by accident and he loved it!

Here's a question for everyone: Has anyone started their Christmas shopping? Does anyone do Black Friday? Well, I guess that's two questions.:rotfl:
I can't stand crowds, so I always volunteer to work, and if there is something I really want I give my coworkers who take the day off $$ to get it for me! :rotfl:

What restaurant did you go to this trip that you loved and want to do again
T-Rex. I know it isn't a DDP restaurant but it was so much better than I thought it would be.
We loved TRex too. The food was good, huge helpings, and our server was great. Best part was that we got $100 in gift cards for it from MyPoints, had coupons for $.99 kids meals, so we got drinks, apps, and dinner for only $15 including tip! Only draw back is that we didn't have enough room in the fridge for leftovers! :rotfl2:

Happy Halloween September DISer! I absolutely plan to catch back up; but since our vacation I have been BUSY :rotfl2: with my princess. Happy Halloween Everyone!
Absolutley adorable!

We love, love, loved the Crystal Palace! :love: The character interaction and food were both fantastic.
We loved CP too, although we did dinner and I would love to try a breakfast next time. It was also at the end of our trip, and I was so nervewracked b/c we almost missed it due to the DVC presentation going long, that I had a hard time relaxing and enjoying it.

What would I avoid eating? Pecos Bills. Of all of the counter services we ate (and there were quite a few that were pretty blah, this one sticks out in my mind as the worst.
Which is funny, b/c it is in the same building as Tortuga Tavern, right? And that was by far our favorite CS meal of the whole trip! :lmao:

Do any of you buy commemorative Christmas ornaments from your trips? I didnt pick one up while were in WDW, but I ordered one for our tree. I also ordered a Chip and Dale, an Eeyore, a Stitch and a Donald Duck. :rotfl2:
We bought one of the 2011 ornaments with the characters on it, last time we got a Mickey Head globe with all 4 parks icons on it.

Wow, that's neat! Is it from Disney directly or perhaps a fairy godmailer? I haven't received one, but I love it when I get random Disney stuff like that!
It was from Disney Destinations. I can't wait to put it in our scrap book!

So, Marblies gets her tree up the first weekend in November. When do the rest of you put yours up? I usually do it right after Thanksgiving weekend. But this year I may do it ahead of time because one of my DDs will be here and we may do it together. That would be fun. Since we went to Disney the first week of last December, the tree was late getting up and I hated that! But LOVED Disney's decorations!

Our Christmas tree, by absolute tradition, goes up on Thanksgiving. On Black Friday I load it all under there!:rotfl2:I definitely have to get it done early this year, I'm scheduled to have surgery the second week of December and won't be leaving the house until January. I love Thanksgiving; November is my favorite month of the year. It's still in the 60s here during the day, but the leaves have turned and the nights are cool enough for campfires.:thumbsup2

We generally do ours the first weekend in December, and leave it up until the end of January.

My new ticker is just approximate, I couldn't stand to be tickerless! And the 11 month booking window for DVC is going to drive me crazy, I'm a long range planner!

Oh, and WELCOME HOME, Janet!! Did you find anything that suited you better than cheese soup?:rotfl2:

Yes I did!! Fisherman's pie from Ireland, the filet from South Africa, and Cosmo Slush from France. They need to add that to the slushie kiosk all the time. I would be in heaven!!!

I'm scheduled to have surgery the second week of December and won't be leaving the house until January.

I am sending hugs and good vibes your way!!:goodvibes:hug:

I have to wait for March for my insurance to kick in to allow for my heart cath and other cardiac related care. I have been limping along with meds for 2 years, and it is starting to take its toll on my body. I feel like an 80 yr old. My cardio dr. is not happy about it but understands the situation.

And although we decided to wait a year to buy into DVC, I fully anticipate our first trip home will be in November 2013, to AKV.

We can't wait to stay at AKV, FWV, and BWV!
Thanks for posting the questions, it's been fun reading everyone's answers!

I can't stand crowds, so I always volunteer to work, and if there is something I really want I give my coworkers who take the day off $$ to get it for me! :rotfl:

We loved TRex too. The food was good, huge helpings, and our server was great. Best part was that we got $100 in gift cards for it from MyPoints, had coupons for $.99 kids meals, so we got drinks, apps, and dinner for only $15 including tip! Only draw back is that we didn't have enough room in the fridge for leftovers! :rotfl2:

Congrats on DVC ownership decision!!

We are renting points for BWV in sept 2012, and I wanted to show dbf the proprty and hopefully a room sample. We wandered around the Boardwalk and walked through the open model there. I fell in love!! He was impressed, and that is hard to do. He totally got it!! ;) I think I was able to convince him that NEEDED to own when we grow up.:lmao: I want to buy into BWV and VWL.

I actively avoid Black Friday and always end up working which is fine by me. I do love cyber Monday though.

I did the $.99 kid meal cert. for Rainforest cafe for ds13 bday. I will have to look into mypoints to see about giftcards, because I was able to get an ADR for TREX for our Feb trip, and I would love to save some $$$.

IMAG0033-1.jpg

Just got this in the mail the other day, it made me all teary. Anyone else get one?

We got it too! it was nice to get

Did I miss this before? Is it serious? :hug:

You didn't miss it, I didn't find out my dates for sure until today. I am having reconstructive work done to my jaw to repair a congenital defect. My siblings and I have great bones, but a degeneration in the teeth and jaw. So, I'm going to get a bionic jaw instead. My poor DH, he's never going to get any quiet!:rotfl2:

I am sending hugs and good vibes your way!!:goodvibes:hug:

I have to wait for March for my insurance to kick in to allow for my heart cath and other cardiac related care. I have been limping along with meds for 2 years, and it is starting to take its toll on my body. I feel like an 80 yr old.
My cardio dr. is not happy about it but understands the situation.

Praying for you, Janet! Definitely glad you'll be able to get full treatment soon, it's no good to go untreated where your heart is concerned.:hug:

I have to wait for March for my insurance to kick in to allow for my heart cath and other cardiac related care. I have been limping along with meds for 2 years, and it is starting to take its toll on my body. I feel like an 80 yr old. My cardio dr. is not happy about it but understands the situation.
Prayers that your treatment will get you in tip-top shape for 2012!

You didn't miss it, I didn't find out my dates for sure until today. I am having reconstructive work done to my jaw to repair a congenital defect. My siblings and I have great bones, but a degeneration in the teeth and jaw. So, I'm going to get a bionic jaw instead. My poor DH, he's never going to get any quiet!:rotfl2:
Prayers for a successful surgery and quick recovery!

:hug:

My siblings and I have great bones, but a degeneration in the teeth and jaw. So, I'm going to get a bionic jaw instead. My poor DH, he's never going to get any quiet!:rotfl2:

You totally crack me up! Speedy recovery to you!

I am so glad you have a great man in your life to see you through, and a bit of Disney magic to make the time pass faster! :hug:

You didn't miss it, I didn't find out my dates for sure until today. I am having reconstructive work done to my jaw to repair a congenital defect

:hug::hug: Thinking of you ladies.

Disneychic - The tree will go up within the first week of December. We have a countdown calendar and going out and getting the tree will be one of our events :thumbsup2

Haven't been on in awhile, was avoiding my own TR :laughing: I am finally halfway there... what a slacker...:rolleyes1

Well, WalMart's Black Friday ad has leaked onto the Internet, and has made certain that I'll be fighting crowds at midnight (they are going to have the Wii, the PS3 and the XBox all on massive reduction). My oldest DD is going with me, which ought to be entertaining!:rotfl2:They have extended the amount of time I will be off work to four weeks, from December 18-January 22nd, so I'm adopting a Black Friday or Die! philosophy. I intend to be completely finished with all of my purchases on Black Friday, so I can relax before they wire my jaw shut!:banana:
My DH has also decided to spill the beans on where we're going on the vacation of his choosing. He has reserved a cabin in Pigeon Forge for ten days surrounding Christmas.:lovestruc We're Christmas nuts, so this is absolutely perfect for us. We've never been away from home at Christmas, though, so that'll be different. This Christmas will be rough, but the next one will be amazing!:love:

Well, WalMart's Black Friday ad has leaked onto the Internet, and has made certain that I'll be fighting crowds at midnight (they are going to have the Wii, the PS3 and the XBox all on massive reduction). My oldest DD is going with me, which ought to be entertaining!:rotfl2:They have extended the amount of time I will be off work to four weeks, from December 18-January 22nd, so I'm adopting a Black Friday or Die! philosophy. I intend to be completely finished with all of my purchases on Black Friday, so I can relax before they wire my jaw shut!:banana:
My DH has also decided to spill the beans on where we're going on the vacation of his choosing. He has reserved a cabin in Pigeon Forge for ten days surrounding Christmas.:lovestruc We're Christmas nuts, so this is absolutely perfect for us. We've never been away from home at Christmas, though, so that'll be different. This Christmas will be rough, but the next one will be amazing!:love:

I saw the Walmart ad, sadly I won't have all the $$ put together by BF to get the xbox 360. So I had to put it on layaway. I wish I could cash in the savings but it just isn't gonna happen.

Pigeon Forge sounds wonderful. Dbf wants to do something like that, maybe Ashville or the Smokies, or the Keys.... yeah, bridges.... :rolleyes1

I have to wait for March for my insurance to kick in to allow for my heart cath and other cardiac related care. I have been limping along with meds for 2 years, and it is starting to take its toll on my body. I feel like an 80 yr old. My cardio dr. is not happy about it but understands the situation.[/QUOTE]

Oh you poor thing! Take real good care of yourself while you're waiting. Glad it's not that far away. :goodvibes

Our Christmas tree, by absolute tradition, goes up on Thanksgiving. On Black Friday I load it all under there!:rotfl2:I definitely have to get it done early this year, I'm scheduled to have surgery the second week of December and won't be leaving the house until January. I love Thanksgiving; November is my favorite month of the year. It's still in the 60s here during the day, but the leaves have turned and the nights are cool enough for campfires.:thumbsup2

Wow! Good time to be snuggled in...as long as you have your shopping done. Sounds like you have a solid plan. Good luck with the surgery. I'll say a prayer for you. :hug:

Your vacation sounds fabulous! We've never been away for Christmas either. Have a wonderful time.:cool1:

Ours can vary. Sometimes we put the tree up before Thanksgiving and sometimes mid-December because of an early December Disney trip. I like enjoying it as long as we can (until February sometimes!), but I feel like Thanksgiving is getting passed over these days, so we will probably wait until after Thanksgiving.

I just went into Target this morning. All the Halloween decorations are down and all the signage and decorations say Merry Christmas. Where's the love for Thanksgiving?? Why can't they have more Fall related decor to include Thanksgiving in the first place, so that it's a natural transition to Christmas. Everything goes from bats and jack-o-lanterns to tree trimmings. What happened to giving thanks for the bounty of lives?? Even just walking through an empty Target this morning, it was surreal to see all the shelves brimming with so much food (and not even staples of our diet, but cakes, and cookies, and all the extras). We live in such a land of plenty and Americans seem to forget that sometimes. Oh well. My soapbox for today. :mic:

I am totally with you on this. I used to decorate for every holiday and I had an extremely difficult time finding much for Thanksgiving, even back in the day. I walked into a Kirklands this week and said "Oh my gosh it looks like Christmas threw up in here!" I hadn't noticed the sales person near by. She was taking the last of the halloween stuff off the shelves to make way for yet more Christmas stuff. You seriously could hardly walk in there. I said what happened to Thanksgiving and she just shrugged.

Meanwhile, everyone have a great weekend.

I am totally with you on this. I used to decorate for every holiday and I had an extremely difficult time finding much for Thanksgiving, even back in the day. I walked into a Kirklands this week and said "Oh my gosh it looks like Christmas threw up in here!" I hadn't noticed the sales person near by. She was taking the last of the halloween stuff off the shelves to make way for yet more Christmas stuff. You seriously could hardly walk in there. I said what happened to Thanksgiving and she just shrugged.

Meanwhile, everyone have a great weekend.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Nice!!! I feel the same way.:rotfl:

I just got my mini Mickey head ornament set from Disney Store. It is almost putting me in the Christmas spirit. I just need to get a new tree.

I wasn't going to go to WDW for Xmas but I am thinking I have to. I want to see the castle lit up and the Osbourne lights. Gotta come up with a game plan to see both.

I tracked our last two ornaments (yep, that's right, ordered some then ordered some more, so flog me!:rotfl:) and they're supposed to be here on Wednesday. Normally, Im a big "Not until after Thanksgiving, people" person, but that doesnt seem to be the case this year. That's odd for me, because fall is my absolute favorite time of year, and I put a lot of stock in remembering to be thankful every day. I think I'm prepared for my Christmas spirit to go out the door when they fix my mouth, so I'm getting my jolly on right now. Im watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel, and listening to one of the radio stations here that has gone to all Christmas music. :cool1: I would love to see WDW at Christmas, I know the castle has got to be beautiful! :santa:

Oh Janabanana you ought to go see it for the holidays :love: I would love to some day.

I have been reading the Black Friday ads and will definitely be hitting Target but the more I think about it I am definitely going to make sure I do some shopping online so I cam earn TRex cards at mypoints. It is always about WDW... ;)

I got an email from the safari club that members are automatically getting switched to Landry's Select Club, which makes going in January even better since you automatically get a $25 birthday credit during your birthday month each year, and mine is in January :banana:

Oh Janabanana you ought to go see it for the holidays :love: I would love to some day.

I have been reading the Black Friday ads and will definitely be hitting Target but the more I think about it I am definitely going to make sure I do some shopping online so I cam earn TRex cards at mypoints. It is always about WDW... ;)

I got an email from the safari club that members are automatically getting switched to Landry's Select Club, which makes going in January even better since you automatically get a $25 birthday credit during your birthday month each year, and mine is in January :banana:

I am going to find a day to go and do it!! I :lovestruc Christmas time at Disney. I need to find a nite that the kids can go that there isn't a MVMCP. HMMMM.....

I am going to find a day to go and do it!! I :lovestruc Christmas time at Disney. I need to find a nite that the kids can go that there isn't a MVMCP. HMMMM.....

Christmas is so beautiful at Disney. The castle looks even more magical. My DH and I were married at Disney on Dec 2nd. We really loved December at the World. The MVMCP is a blast! Good luck with your planning.;)

We have a trip planned for September. Hoping to do a 3 week trip.:banana:

Right now the only plans I'm making is for Black Friday. My best friend and I go every year to Bangor, Maine and make it a girls' weekend.
Bangor is about a 2 -3 hour drive from where we live in Canada.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter