Share your Black Friday finds!

I was going to get one. Is there any reason not to? I want it to upgrade from a good point and shoot. I am not a pro. My house is decorated with my photos and figured this was a good DSLR.

Nothing wrong with it - I just have reasons to be looking at either the T6i or maybe an older (refurbished) T5i for DD based on her particular needs. She likes to make short videos so the quieter lens that comes with those models is a must have, the T6 doesn't have an external microphone port which she *might* want later, and the flip out screen on those models would be helpful for the way she uses the camera.

DD is pretty serious about photography, has maxed out the abilities of her high-end point and shoot, and is planning to take some elective college courses in photography starting in January, so I want her to have a camera she can grow into a bit.

Last edited:
This is me. I didn't master my point and shoot. We are headed to Alaska next summer and I want good photos. I'm trying to convince my DD 14 to learn to use her dad and step mom's DSLR for her IB personal project! She's warm to the idea:)
I highly, HIGHLY, recommend Understanding Exposure for any camera owner. Understanding the exposure triangle will even help with camera phones. He breaks things down to their most basic level and explains things in very simple terms. I could fund a vacation with the amount of fancy lenses and gear I own but that book was the best investment I ever made when it comes to photography.

I highly, HIGHLY, recommend Understanding Exposure for any camera owner. Understanding the exposure triangle will even help with camera phones. He breaks things down to their most basic level and explains things in very simple terms. I could fund a vacation with the amount of fancy lenses and gear I own but that book was the best investment I ever made when it comes to photography.

Love his books. I made a cheat sheet from them to keep with my camera.

I haven't gotten lists from my family yet. So far, I have to look for a new phone case for DS10 and a Polaroid style camera for DS6. That's what they've asked for. I'm also searching for cool bike lights and Lego brick tape.

Went to Target today for the 25% off toys bought DGD to many. Gonna be in trouble Christmas day.

Bath and Body Works has their soap on sale for $2.50 a bottle. Bought 12 bottles for $30 and used my $10 off coupon so got all 12 for $20.

Gamestop is the winner as far as video games go. Some of the big games (Madden 18, FIFA 18, NBA 2K18) are going for $27, cheaper than Walmart or Target. Plus they are offering a PS4 (not PRO) for $199 and you get a $50 Gamestop card with purchase.

Went to Target today for the 25% off toys bought DGD to many. Gonna be in trouble Christmas day.

How did you get 25% off today at Target? I knew about the sale and bought a toy today, but paid full price. Of course, I noticed it when I got home.

Gamestop is the winner as far as video games go. Some of the big games (Madden 18, FIFA 18, NBA 2K18) are going for $27, cheaper than Walmart or Target. Plus they are offering a PS4 (not PRO) for $199 and you get a $50 Gamestop card with purchase.
Thanks for the heads up! Kroger has a Games Stop gift card coupon that I should take advantage of. DS is getting a switch bundle for Christmas, but his birthday is in January so I would like to get a few games to put away.

If you have a Hand and Stone Spa nearby andre interested in gift cards they are running a Black Friday deal, B1G1 Free. I called to ask about the terms and they are doing a presale, took my info and will ring it up on Friday and I can come pick them up anytime.

Also, found a decent assortment of the 24 oz Tervis with lids on clearance at BB&B for $4.99. They allowed you to use coupons as well.

Happy Bargain Shopping!

I got an American Girl catalog in the mail yesterday. It had a 20% off coupon, but I'm not sure if that doll was included. I can check when I get home tonight and see.
That’d be awesome if you could check. Thank you! How Can I get their catalog? Also, will it include the 18 inch dolls?

Find someone with a Costco membership. They've had Wellie Wisher sets in store for a few weeks now. It's a doll plus a trunk and some accessories. I don't remember all the details because we're into the full-size AG at my house. But a Kit Kitteridge set was $130 with the doll, book, reporter set, reporter outfit, and some of the meet accessories. That might give you some parallel idea of the cost/inclusions.

As for which one they still have, well, that will depend on what already sold out. But I think all of them were originally part of the promotion. And my store definitely still had a display of them (again, no idea which ones were still there, but it was a pretty full looking display).
Thank you so much! I will check Costco.

Canon put their DSLR refurbs on sale tonight for what I think is going to be the best price, so I went ahead and grabbed a T6i kit for DD17. I swear I'm done with her now!! If a better price does come along, then I can always return it since they have an extended return period for the holidays.

Oh wait - now she needs a filter (to protect the lens as much as anything) and a spare battery and...and....

Oh well, I guess maybe I'm not quite done :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter