Slinky Dog Dash - rate this compared to SDMT and Barnstormer

Seven Dwarfs is my favorite. It is the smoothest ride of all them. Slink Dog would be next after SD. It is fun but a little rougher. I haven’t rode Barnstormer in a long time and can’t remember much except my granddaughter loved it lol.

You know the biggest drop on SDMT? How was the biggest drop on SDD compared to the big drop on SDMT?

The intensity of the drop on SDMT is minimal if you sit in the front cars because it pauses and goes very slowly on the descent. But if you're in the back cars, it goes fast the entire hill.

The drop on SDD doesn't feel like a "drop" to me I think because it's sort of on a slant. To me, the worst part on SDD is the part when it goes straight up in the air. I close my eyes each time. But then it stays up and does the little dips and never really "drops."

So in comparing, the worst drop-feeling for me is on SDMT in a back car.

My Fiancee is scared to death of coasters but I talked her on to SDD because it is a "family coaster". She was terrified and her legs were shaky when we were done. There was another lady on the ride who also was terrified and they hugged after because they didn't think they were going to make it. :P 😆
I can so relate 🤣

I love rollercoasters and wan't expecting much from SDD.
It is really smooth and a lot of fun. If you are in the front half, the drops are not much.
Some don't like the bunny hills at the end, but they are fun.

Barnstormer is by far the least intense. It's pretty much equivalent to those kiddie coasters you'll find at most "local" amusement parks back home.

7DMT is probably one of the smoothest rides I've ever been on, and the "drops" aren't intense at all. There are some sharp turns, but nothing too crazy. I would've said that I couldn't imagine it ever making someone sick, but I did see a kid throwing up after riding it last time we were there, so who knows. But overall it's a very mild coaster.

SDD is pretty mild as well, although I would say the one larger drop is a bit more intense than anything on 7DMT. It also does up and down a few hills in rapid succession, which I could see causing motion sickness in some folks.

I have never been a "rides" kind of person. I'm kind of a wuss. I also have chronic migraines that sometimes manifest with vertigo, so I am really cautious about things. I'm also afraid of heights. But our last trip, I wanted to actually try things, and since I was able to randomly get FPs for SDD and SDMT, I didn't want to pass them up.

SDD: The only part of it that made me slightly uneasy was the feeling of the coaster train leaning on an angle against the track during some of the turns. Other than that, it was great.

SDMT: I closed my eyes a couple times during parts where you'd go up and then make a drop before we were seated in the first cart, and I did fine. We came back that night and rode it after dark during MNSSHP, and I wasn't bothered by the heights issue because I couldn't see clearly how high up we were on certain parts.

Like others have mentioned, I think SDD is a smoother ride than SDMT, but I appreciate that SDMT doesn't give you that "on edge" feeling of the coaster train leaning.

Based on these commentaries, most likely will want to avoid the soon opening tron and GotG, as those will be more intense than anything already there except maybe equal with EE and RnrC. Slinky is in its essence. A kiddie coaster. It's more of a coaster than barnstormer, which is an infant coaster, but a kiddie coaster none the less. I actually find it relaxing and enjoy the mini launches up the higher hill. I'd put it on par with 7dmt, but not at the same level as space or btmrr, and certainly well below ee or rnrc

SDD: The only part of it that made me slightly uneasy was the feeling of the coaster train leaning on an angle against the track during some of the turns. Other than that, it was great.

I have vertigo also. How did the humps part feel to you on SDD?

Looking forward to my first chance to ride SDD on our next trip. My son and I loved SDMT, have a great pic of us in the first car, hands up, on the last day of our previous trip. The trip before that, Barnstormer was his favorite ride and I liked it too.

Everyone has different thrill ride tolerances. I could never get my Dad on any type of roller coaster, even when he was younger. Me on the other hand took a dedicated trip to Cedar Point for 2 days to ride all of the intense coasters there. 120mph and 400' straight up, give me more!!!!! LOL!!!!

But I don't go to WDW for super intense thrill rides, there is so much more to the experiences and the theming, it's special in it's own perfect way.

IMO Slinky is significantly more intense than 7DMT. I took my almost 4 year old DS on both, and he loved them both, but we did 7DMT first and once we were on Slinky, I was worried that it might be too much for him but he did fine. Slinky feels faster with bigger drops.

I have done all of them. Slinky is more intense to me than the others. Like someone else said, 7 dwarfs is built on the ground but slinky is up in the air with just track under you. In fact, I was surprised when I went into toy story land for the 1st time and looked at the track. I thought I was going to see a kiddie coaster. It definitely looks scary from the ground and the part that looks like it corkscrews was terrifying but when i got on, it wasn't as bad as it looked but to me, not a kiddie coaster either. Once we got on, we loved it and wanted to go on again. In my opinion, you can compare Barnstormer to Slinky but I think slinky goes higher maybe? Barnstormer is over in under 20 seconds too, where slinky lasts a quite longer.

Smoother than BTMR and SM but bigger air time. Even the bunny hills give you significant air time. The one drop in particular after the second launch has pretty intense air time.

I have vertigo also. How did the humps part feel to you on SDD?

I remember the first time we rode SDD and I felt those little humps/hills, I panicked just a little bit because I had never been on a rollercoaster before - but I spent a lot of that first ride with my eyes closed, just focusing on my breathing. Then we were rollin' up to the end and Wheezy was singing and I was like, "Was that IT?! That was awesome! I could do that all day!" :)

Ride wimp here

I was very worried about Slinky when I went to it, as I am afraid of heights. I mean, I get anxious in Peter Pan.

When I ride it, I feel like the height wasn't mush of a factor because I felt very safe on the sit (it is very smooth). I think the scariest part is the second launch (the hill then the drop). I did not felt the weightless sensation (but I ride this just after riding Tower of Terror for my first time ever so I felt like I was omnipotent). The drops aren't so bad, specially if you ride in the front (Both times I ride it I was in the 2nd and 3rd sit). You already halfway down when it gains some speed.

I think Slinky is about the same intensity that 7 Dwarf. Barnstormer is so short that is hard to compare it. Big Thunder is more intense (and funner!). I had never ride Space Mountain to compare it.

In conclusion, Peter Pan Flight is scarier than Slinky Dog, Seven Dwarf, Big Thunder and Tower of Terror.

I think Slinky is about the same intensity that 7 Dwarf. Barnstormer is so short that is hard to compare it. Big Thunder is more intense (and funner!). I had never ride Space Mountain to compare it.

In conclusion, Peter Pan Flight is scarier than Slinky Dog, Seven Dwarf, Big Thunder and Tower of Terror.

Okay, I'm gonna add Big Thunder to my list for our next trip! I'm also a ride wimp but I want to experience this stuff at the parks! :D

I think Slinky Dog is very similar in feel to SDMT. They are both smooth to me. I probably prefer Slinky but like them both very well. I like the mini hills on SD and the rocking cars on SDMT. Barnstormer is a quicker ride and rougher. I don't ride SM, BTM, RR, EE because they are too scary and or rough for me.

7DMT has one thing SDD doesn’t. As the mine train enters the mine and the 7 dwarfs start singing HI-HO and riders start to sing along-magical.
I continue to ride it just for that.

OP, thanks for starting this thread. Last trip my DD got FP for all of us, but I was too chicken to go on. Don't worry one of the grandkids was happy to use my FP. I've been on 7DMT and Big thunder and splash . But every picture of me on splash is eyes closed, hold on for dear life and duck. SDD looks so much scary and it would have been hard to the "adult" while sitting with a 4 year old (whom SDD is her FAVORITE ride) . Perhaps DH and I will try it next trip.

My youngest daughter refuses to go on BS or SDMT after riding each one time probably 4-5 years ago? Last summer she finally rode SDD and when it was over she immediately said she wanted to go again. She went on it six times that trip. It’s very smooth, just as smooth as SDMT, but I do feel it’s maybe just slightly less intense. I don’t keep up with timing of rides but it feels like SDD may be a little longer than SDMT. I don’t really think BS compares to either one of these. It’s got a little bit of a drop but it’s just so short it’s practically over before you blink your eyes. 🤷🏻‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter