Something About Nothing ... #12

Oh, graduation is getting closer. Wow, reality indeed, Charade. Hopefully we got a cute dress for under her white gown. It's a very pale periwinkle, almost purple. It's one time, I am sure she'll be wearing flats. If the weather holds, they walk and sit in the grass, before being called to get their diploma from the stage. Metal, steep steps to that stage too, so I think flatter shoes will be the choice of most. Bet many of the boys will have sneakers, and, maybe some of the girls. Already paid for the cap and gown, so I guess we'll see it in June. They don't pass them out until they show up for mandatory rehearsal, the day before. And at least it's in the morning, then they are released until graduation the next evening. Oh, and since I get emails about my little one's going to the University, had to remind her about when the new student day visits are. I'd like to go with her to one, and I assume my DH will come too. Getting that bill for room and board, and tuition, reality oh yes. That, and a quote for a new AC unit we need, as with a new heater at the start of the year, our old AC will not play nice with it. Sigh. Taxes next month, as well as AC in May. An expensive start to this year. Indeed. ::yes::

B’s gown is black. We have a list of dress code rules. Dark, solid dress under the gown. I’m thinking something basic black. She already has a good pair of shoes to wear. Our kids aren’t allowed to wear sneakers.
Thankfully graduation is indoors, so we don’t have to worry about the weather.

Things are starting to get real around here. B brought home her graduation cap and gown today.

How exciting!!:goodvibes

Getting that bill for room and board, and tuition, reality oh yes. That, and a quote for a new AC unit we need, as with a new heater at the start of the year, our old AC will not play nice with it. Sigh. Taxes next month, as well as AC in May. An expensive start to this year. Indeed. ::yes::

Eeek!! Hate those pricey home improvement necessities!! We have a few that have to be done this year!

Now, since Keisha, and Patty are happy it's Wednesday, of course that camel reminder

:cheer2: Love the pics!!

Happy Wednesday all!! Nice weather here, too!! Bright sunshine and up to 50 today!! :cool1: Looking good in the long range too!! Finally!! Spring you decided to show up!!

79182-Spring-Has-Sprung.gif

Slow day at work today. I’m going to run to the mall at lunch and pick up a dress I ordered for B. I think I mentioned before that I was looking for a dress similar to the one she wore at her preschool graduation. I found something similar at JC Penney. The color isn’t exact, but is fairly close. This will be my second attempt at getting this dress. The last one had the zipper sewn in incorrectly.

7E83BAAB-0240-4DD9-81C9-97679D6209C7.jpeg

Still a bit chilly but sun is shining. Motivated enough to pull all my bushes thru the chain link fence that surrounds our property. Took over an hour, made sure to dose myself with that anti poison ivy foam as we tend to have it hiding nearly everywhere. Ground still wet, not quite ready to turn it over with the tiller but the mr has started his seedlings. Started me when i went to basement and saw the multi-colored led lights up. For a minute was thrown :hippie:thought he had lost his mind and was breaking bad lol

Ahh- cutting grass in March! A dream of mine someday! :) Won't be able to do so here until late April- or even May!

Yep- if you're prepared, you won't need it! Hope you had a nice walk!:)

Wow!! That is a busy schedule, indeed! Packing? Yay!!:cheer2:

So sorry, Bobbie! Sending healing wishes your way!:)

Keisha- just saw your post- live on the edge and book that excursion!:thumbsup2

Needed a little break! and a cookie (or two!) Busy, busy!! Later going out to dinner with some friends! Hope everyone has a great afternoon!

I swallowed that pill & booked a few others too. Finally, put something to paper so we have a fallback on somewhere to stay in Seattle & San Diego before making connections the next day. The mr was the nervous one there. My thoughts were easy enough to hotwire something as long as it’s next to airport. May still go that route

Lynne - know you’ve visited there, is it me or is San Diego crazy expensive for hotels?

Good Monday afternoon Sans family :wave2:

View attachment 390698

View attachment 390697

I’am letting RoboVac do the vacuuming today.......I just need to borrow someone’s cat to ride on the top like in the YouTube video :happytv:.

Glad to hear you had a good trip home...... with no feet involved. I bet your son was just as happy to see you both. Congratulations to him on his move up in his job. It’s always nice to hear that companies are recognizing their brightest employees.

Yep.....those minions have a way of putting a smile on your face for sure.......hope all goes well with B’s coaster presentation.

Hope you have turned the corner and are feeling better :hug:

To all who are ailing get well soon
View attachment 390696

Mac hope the foot is healing up well.
View attachment 390700

Need to get scootin.....my neighbor and I are going out for burgers and a movie with an elderly couple down the block. They are fun to be around.

:wave: Tink, Keisha, Lynne, Pattyw, Sue, Charade, Ckmiles and all our Sans family.

Feel better soon

My youngest DS says he’s going to buy one just to amuse the cats lol

Thank you all for well wishes regarding my foot issue

Thought I was out of the woods but now have two more weeks and should be good to go

Doesn’t matter how you get there :) as long as you wind up where you want.

Hi everyone twice in one day I am posting :scared1:... I hope everyone had a nice Monday. Mine was a little better trying to get caught up on stuff but no motivation:sad2:.

Thank you Patty for the get well pic that made my night :goodvibes:teeth: and thank you Lynne, Robo , Keishashadow. I appreciate it very much:goodvibes

I am not sure if anyone suffers with sinus problems that lead to infections especially with a cold, but I find great relief and prevention of infection with a nasal rinse. I don't use the saline for it burns my nose just the warm filtered water. I can't believe how much it rinses the sinuses and prevents other issues. Brian wants to look in to the Navage but it is to expensive right now.

Just reheated pepperoni sauce for dinner, the three amigos went to band practice tonight, I am just hanging out getting to catch up on the DIS. :woohoo:

I did watch the walking dead but like others my episode stopped recording right at the good part >:(.. I found it is going to be on Wednesday so will finish watching it so far great episode.

Oh and Thanks Robo Liv did great on her coaster project. She thinks she got an A, but her group got first place for the contest. They got a little trophy and get to have their coaster in the office :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Well I am off to get ready for everyone to come home I hope everyone has a great night:D

My 2 older kids swear by the Nettie pot. Finally, talked me into trying it. OMG felt like I was drowning. No thanks you. Flonase doesn’t really seem to do much either. I swear by those little Vick’s inhalers that are the size of a lip gloss.

:flower3:

So nice of you! :cat: They have the best pet sitter!

Hi Mac & Bobbie & Charade!!! I'm here! Speaking of pet sitting- I'm cat sitting my sisters cats this week. So, I have to stop by her house in the morning before work. One is ill with kidney issues- needs a fluid IV later. I'm not the medical one in the house- Thank goodness Joe can do it! Phew!

:wave2: everyone just getting started!

Oh my goodness, poor kitty

Well Lynne, some mornings I am an early bird as cats eat at 6:00 am each morning

With Mr Mac out of town, cats get me up way too early for food

They only eat canned food and have never learned how to flip those can lids off yet
Lol

6 am use to be early to me, it’s all relative lol. I went back to sleep by 5 am and didn’t roll out of bed until 9:45 am. Felt good :)

Hi I am back from kitty sitting. One of the cats I am sitting for has a thyroid and kidney disease. She is a wonderful senior kitty who loves the attention. I do not have to do fluids but Brian and I have had several cats that needed the IV fluids. We can do meds for the cats we sit for the most part. This kitty who gets thyroid meds gets a cream in her ear twice a day. Until I started taking care of her I thought it was just pills. The cream in the ears is so easy to do if anyone ever has too.

However, this time taking care of them she has a bengal kitten who is one of the naughtiest ones I have ever seen. She is taking down furniture, glass and paper. Every time I go in she has something she got into. I did warn my friend and will again that she has lost some of her things:rolleyes1 ...This kitten is so sweet and cute you can't stay mad at her.

Thanks patty for the kind words I love animals and cats have a special place in my heart, so I enjoy it. I am sure you are one amazing pet sitter too:D I am glad Joe is able to help you:thumbsup2

Thanks Lynne yea besides the wash system I use a homeopathy nasal spray and it works wonders. I am glad your kids found stuff that works too. Sinus infections are yucky:sick:

Anyway I actually need to vent today, I am really frustrated . >:( ... Back in the fall one of the adviser's for Key Clun mentioned to me if I would like to join them on a conference weekend in the Spring. It is the International Key Club convention and would be good for Liv to go seeing as she is the President. Well it turned out only Liv and the Vice President another boy can go. I would have basically been a chaperone/guest. Also with Liv's medical conditions I think they are more comfortable with us being there. Fast forward to now and the convention is in two weeks. It is in Mass. which is about an hour from me so easy to get too. Originally they said we could stay with Liv in her room and it wouldn't be a problem. We decided to make a small family trip. Charlie is coming also. As the weeks have gone by things have changed completely. First off one of the adviser's can't go at all. The other one has to attend another function and can only go Friday. This means that if Brian and I don't take over as "advisers" the rest of the weekend the teens can't go. We really didn't want that kind of responsibility or commitment. We decided for the teens we will do it. The adviser gave me her room so the 4 of us will share it. The other boy is staying with strangers and I somehow have to keep track of him over two hotels. There is no guarantee he will be near us. I have to make sure at midnight he is in his room. It is not like he is with other kids from our school system. We have to attend all the sessions and be available. Then is yesterday we found out for legality reasons we cant' transport the boy, so now the train has to be transportation. I don't like trains and I need to have my car. Brian is going to have to travel by train with the two teens while I drive with Charlie there. Now we have to work out what kind of transportation they can take from the train station because it is a bit of a walk and not the best area. The adviser says she is going to pay for the train tickets. Oh and they didn't tell me that we would have to be responsible for most meals. They only give the teens on lunch and one breakfast. This nice little getaway weekend has turned into a not so nice one.:sad2: Here is the best part :rolleyes2 the hotel pool and spa are under construction and don't know when it will be available:sad::laughing:. I thought at least we could soak at night.
I think what upset me the most is that I wasn't being kept in the loop about these changes. To me these are big changes of responsibility for us. I will make sure the teens have a good time and get something out of it.

Thanks for letting me vent, :disrocks: and you guys and girls too:goodvibes

More kitty problems, yikes.

I must be missing something on the rules that you can’t transport the kids you are chaperoning but are expected to be responsible for a minor staying, probably unregistered, in a random hotel Good luck with that mess. I’d raise my objections in writing to the advisor on that issue

Bobbie so sorry to hear you’ve been sick, flu? That’s the problem with these group projects. Even in college they’re given them. The last one, my daughter did 90% of it. It’s the same thing every time. There’s always some in the group that don’t do their share. I wish these projects would just stop! Give them individual projects. I know the teachers are trying to teach cooperative projects but that’s never what happens. I’ll get off my soap box now lol :mic:

Yes the Dead ep was very good. I can’t believe next week is the end of the season, seems like it just started. No spoilers since you haven’t watched yet!

I was just out with my daughters last night for a walk around the lake, and I was mentioning a family friend (parents of youngest daughters bff) was inviting us to an Easter brunch on Easter Monday, but I said bad timing as we leave Tuesday and she says, what are you worried about? You start packing a month before we go! :rolleyes: Ha!

Lynne it’s funny how styles are different regionally. The high school kids here don’t wear heels much, unless it’s a dance or they’re getting dressed up for a special occasion.
Hope you’re enjoying the warmth we sent you! Get ready for the rain lol. Rain started last night. As I mentioned above to Bobbie, daughters and I went on a walk around one of our lakes here, nice 5km walk and rain started just as we got back to parking lot.

Keishashadow did you see the spoiler? Yikes! I’m waiting to see more about Beta. A teacher in my school (where I used to work) reads the books. He said Beta is even worse than Alpha.
I guess I have the same palette as you, never noticed a difference in taste after freezing bacon.

Pattyw well I haven’t started packing yet. First have to empty out all the winter clothes! But hope to this week. Hopefully next week the warm weather will return so I can wash and hang laundry outside. Rain all week here.

Robo there’s some funny vids about those vacs, with kitties riding, and also the ones about dog poo! :scared:

Mac 2 more weeks will fly by. Sorry for the set back.

Bobbie Mr does that sinus rinse with the squeeze bottle, and saline. I just can’t wrap my head around that. I would prob think I’m drowning :rolleyes:

Charade when did everything get so complicated! Crazy. Yes, I’m going to leave some warmer tops in, weather this week has cooled off. So still needing the long sleeve tees or cotton sweaters.
My black stove top never stays clean either. And we have gas. So have to take all the grated off to wipe down.

Bobbie glad you’re enjoying the Instant Pot. Lots of online recipes. So sorry the trip has turned into a mess. You’re so good to still go for the kids. Wasn’t fair you got dumped on.

Pattyw ugh I’d rather cut off my arm than drive at wdw. To stressful for me. And way too many crazy tourists driving who don’t know where they’re going, like me. Lots of times I’m in Ft Lauderdale first and drive up, after check in at Disney Resort, I return rental to the car care centre. Last Aug I managed to get lost going from Wilderness Lodge to Alamo Car Care! :sad2:

Hi to any I missed! Should get going. I didn’t want to get up this morning, so sleepy. I could have slept longer but the noise out of the kitchen at 7:30 woke me up! Dragged myself outa bed. Now woodpecker is banging on the metal pipe vent that comes out of the chimney! No sleeping thru that lol. Sounds like a machine gun! Squirrel into my bird feeder wiping it out! And I have a hummingbird feeder out, but haven’t seen my little bird in days :sad: Don’t know what happened to him/her.

Better get going, have to take the dogs into the groomer, my yorkiepoo Sydney is looking like a wooly mammoth, and my black cocker Sophie is looking like a punk rocker lol! Then dentist for me, just for a cleaning.
I think I’ll pick up stuff to make a lasagna tonight.

Congrats to DD! it’s always a few that pull their weight on group projects with the rest holding onto their coat-tails.

I will never forget what the PITT admission assistant director told my son when he was interviewing there to transfer, against my better judgment.

Jr had a nice scholarship at the honors college within IUP but had a bug up his butt and insisted he wanted greener pastures. Only took one semester at PITT to find out it was nearly impossible to snag the course openings he needed to finish his degree in 4 years, wound up quickly back at IUP sans scholarship for last two years. Arrrgh. I’m still paying off those unexpected education costs but all ended well, he’s happy & employed in his field.

Anyway, U’s rep was chatting up how great IUP was, he had received his masters there. Then he says with no flash of irony:

“C’s get degrees”

Probably the most irresponsible thing I’ve ever heard said to a prospective student and their parent.

Very quick pop in visit from me.

Some of you know my mum had a small surgery last week while we were in Orlando. Won`t go into details obviously on a public message board, but she is having a follow up tomorrow. Another family member up here is having major surgery this week too.

Just a quick hello, haven't caught up with anything on the boards....….and hope everyone`s good.

Hugs, that’s a lot on your plate to process; especially after a vacation.

Hi everybody :wave2:

Wow Bobbie...that was quite a change in plans for you...sounds like they're taking advantage of your good nature but I know you don't want to let the kids down.

Grass cutting yesterday turned out to be more like weed cutting but at least it's done.

Waiting on my birthday girl to get home ...hope Trey gets here with the cake soon :cake: since she has to go back to work at 4.

Happy taco Tuesday to all :flower1:
Like the way your family rolls celebrating birthdays, ride or die! Cool.

Happy happy to your DD. Is she coming along on the trip in the fall?

Hope all went well at the groomers and dentist! Yum- lasagna!:)

I need a dinner break! Just a quick fast food run! This is truly what I look like! What a sight!! :scared1:
exhausted-overworked-business-woman-clerk-260nw-414709678.jpg

Have a great evening all!!:)

IDK about that, every time i’ve Seen u in RL or in pics you have a lovely smile

B’s gown is black. We have a list of dress code rules. Dark, solid dress under the gown. I’m thinking something basic black. She already has a good pair of shoes to wear. Our kids aren’t allowed to wear sneakers.
Thankfully graduation is indoors, so we don’t have to worry about the weather.

Um, no sneakers? What if someone has medical feet issues or they just want to be comfortable, it’s a very long night. Are they allowed to take their shoes off and prance around? To me that is gross, where’s the foot police when you need them? Lol

Seriously, i get the no necklines or hemlines up or down to there, no offensive graphics and no transparent fabric but if we are talking a public school, I am very surprised those archane sounding rules haven’t been challenged by now.

I have an real issue with a few people imposing their restrictive/out of the mainstream views of what is ‘proper’ upon others. Things are much looser in the tri-state area here. There are more than a few families who don’t have a thousand $ or more to pay for this ritual. Even though there are charities that offer free prom dresses etc., the cost adds up for parents living paycheck to paycheck.

Generallly, the gents must wear dress pants, button down collared shirt & a tie, shoes of their choice. Girls can wear the same or a tux if they desire, cocktail dress or gown. No overt PDAs & couples can be of the same sex, but all must be under age of 20 and if out of school district have to submit to a vetting by the school/police.

Um, no sneakers? What if someone has medical feet issues or they just want to be comfortable, it’s a very long night. Are they allowed to take their shoes off and prance around? To me that is gross, where’s the foot police when you need them? Lol

Seriously, i get the no necklines or hemlines up or down to there, no offensive graphics and no transparent fabric but if we are talking a public school, I am very surprised those archane sounding rules haven’t been challenged by now.

I have an real issue with a few people imposing their restrictive/out of the mainstream views of what is ‘proper’ upon others. Things are much looser in the tri-state area here. There are more than a few families who don’t have a thousand $ or more to pay for this ritual. Even though there are charities that offer free prom dresses etc., the cost adds up for parents living paycheck to paycheck.

Generallly, the gents must wear dress pants, button down collared shirt & a tie, shoes of their choice. Girls can wear the same or a tux if they desire, cocktail dress or gown. No overt PDAs & couples can be of the same sex, but all must be under age of 20 and if out of school district have to submit to a vetting by the school/police.

The no sneakers rule is for graduation, not for prom. The students aren't allowed to wear sandals, flip flops, or work boots. Closed heel is preferred but not mandatory. They are also not allowed to wear anything camouflage, t-shirts, or shorts. There is also no writing on or decorating the mortar board.

We haven't been given any dress code rules for prom. I assume that it should be the same as school dress code, but I notice that the school doesn't seem to enforce the dress code very well. We have the same rule about under 20 (and I think 14 is the minimum age) and a form must be completed for a student from another school.

Ah, pesky costs like that, Charade. Little one’s gold tassel and sash for top 10 percent is free with cost of gown and cap. Dress and shoes and most likely nails if they don’t last from prom.

Mac and cheese with left over broccoli and burgers. Easy meal for me. Haha, weather girl said snow on Monday. Yeah, April fool.

Keisha, yeah SD can be pricey. First time was little one and me, so had to be on the beach. Was a Best Western at the time, and being end of summer, got a great rate. A couple years later, they broke their relation with BW, and now own place that was much higher prices. Last time was when I found out the Navy Base in Coronado made family suites on the beach, well booked that for two weeks over Christmas. Best deal ever. And I made DH drive over that curvy bridge each time. Was so quiet there, and room was huge. Lovely patio on the beach. No swimming there though. Short walk to that famous hotel. Had a nice lunch at a Groupon bought fancy crepe place on the Island. We also that time bought the Go pass and did a ton of things around SD. Kids still talk about the Zoo and the Zoo’s “love” park in Ensenada. Yep, animal baby making safari, and we all still laugh at time we did that. There was a young giraffe named Stella. She bullied all the other giraffes to get the leaves we were feeding them with. Cute as could be. That was also when we fed apples to rhinos. Baby came up first for the apples then pregnant momma came over for some too. Was easier to put the apples in her big mouth. We were lucky, as many times the rhinos won’t come, though those giraffes always do.

A5C60097-8E41-4A8E-8B35-5A44FD67BE1D.jpeg

Enjoy your night, all the homies. May all have a good night sleep.

Ah, pesky costs like that, Charade. Little one’s gold tassel and sash for top 10 percent is free with cost of gown and cap. Dress and shoes and most likely nails if they don’t last from prom.

Mac and cheese with left over broccoli and burgers. Easy meal for me. Haha, weather girl said snow on Monday. Yeah, April fool.

Keisha, yeah SD can be pricey. First time was little one and me, so had to be on the beach. Was a Best Western at the time, and being end of summer, got a great rate. A couple years later, they broke their relation with BW, and now own place that was much higher prices. Last time was when I found out the Navy Base in Coronado made family suites on the beach, well booked that for two weeks over Christmas. Best deal ever. And I made DH drive over that curvy bridge each time. Was so quiet there, and room was huge. Lovely patio on the beach. No swimming there though. Short walk to that famous hotel. Had a nice lunch at a Groupon bought fancy crepe place on the Island. We also that time bought the Go pass and did a ton of things around SD. Kids still talk about the Zoo and the Zoo’s “love” park in Ensenada. Yep, animal baby making safari, and we all still laugh at time we did that. There was a young giraffe named Stella. She bullied all the other giraffes to get the leaves we were feeding them with. Cute as could be. That was also when we fed apples to rhinos. Baby came up first for the apples then pregnant momma came over for some too. Was easier to put the apples in her big mouth. We were lucky, as many times the rhinos won’t come, though those giraffes always do.

View attachment 391100

Enjoy your night, all the homies. May all have a good night sleep.

Haha nice biology lesson. i’ve always wanted to see that zoo, no time this trip boohoo. DH stationed in navy there for a bit back in the day on Liberty Island. He said several neighborhoods were a no-go back then. He said that neighborhood was nice back then, they walked everywhere. Looks like it’s been turned into a mixed usage/tourist area? Just 3 miles from airport w a shuttle.

Hello! Quick hi on the hump day drive by!
Hope those ailing (surgery/teeth/feet/hips) are doing better now. Had to spend an hour on phone today with Health insurance market place-short story it is now so messed up in MO (thanks idiots) that anyone who isn't persistant will "fail".
Took the babies out for their first jaunt outside to grass today. Nice and sunny and warm. Bossy hen didn't like it too much. Diva hen kept "knocking" on patio door to come in to try to get the baby's food.

Graduation will be here before you know it-got so real for me when we ordered the cap/gown, graduation announcements, and pictures. then started in on clothes for graduation...Busy and exciting times!

San Diego on the bucket list for sure! I haven't been back to California since I was in grade school.

Pizza for dinner tonight. Last night was Chicken caesar salad-per son's request. He didn't feel well and that is his comfort food. Had to be homemade. Had made the dressing and croutons on Sunday for salad with the lasagne so easy to whip more salad together.

Need to sleep and rest now for busy weekend ahead!

Good evening! Just a drive by to say hi. Busy day. Tax day, bleck. All 4 of us went down. As both daughters work and have to file. Youngest gets write offs for school.
Then birthday luncheon with the ladies. It was a beautiful day, sunshine and blue skies so took the dogs out for a walk with a friend. Chicken thighs with stir fry noodles and salad for dinner.

Wednesday Survivor night! Lol.

Monykalyn your chickens sound hilarious!

Haven’t had a chance to catch up, but did speed read! So much exciting grad stuff happening. Tis the season. I haven’t found out what my daughters grad date is yet. But College grad is no where near the fuss of high school!

Debating if I want to take a run across the border tomorrow to make a Costco gas run and Trader Joes stop. It’s getting toward end of Spring Break here. Monday is back to school. So concerned about possible long border lines with families returning from holidays.

I think most of our college schools are done this week too, Sue. Private high schools will have the week ending in Easter off, but little one's public high school is like most around me, the Thursday to Monday of Easter week-end. Then it's that long wait until the next Federal holiday, at the end of May.

It just isn't fair. 26 was the low overnight temp, 32 as I scraped ice off my car windows. Yeah moon, you're really white, but not as clear as the other day, and ooh, so cold. at least little wind. Yesterday, that wind was nippy.

So, Thursday it is, and I am so ready for the week-end.

upload_2019-3-28_6-11-46.jpeg Yeah, that's me. LOL But, wahooo
images
oh yeah.
tenor.gif
and yeah,
images

That's because upload_2019-3-28_6-22-48.jpeg.

So, throw back a drink or two, and be happy it's almost Friday. Yep, three day week-end for me, and it could not come quicker.

Off to find something sweet, and make another cup of tea. That horizon is a very weak looking almost orange. Hey, almost the color of my tea. Yeah I know, I need tea.

Later homie, and lots of well wishes to the homies that need it, and to the homie's family and friends that need some well wishes. Hugs and get well.

Happy Thursday morning all!!

Cloudy day- but 49 - not too bad for us!

Busy days still ahead- almost done with all my year end work!

Sending hugs and well wishes to Schumi and family!:hug:

Charade- you'll get through graduation!! and your trip is almost here!!:cheer2:

:wave2:Sue, Lynne, and all others getting started today!!

thursday-funny-pics936121.jpg

Morning Sans family :wave:

8C79B339-B827-44D6-9264-F893931AF11B.jpeg

7B9AADCD-53A7-4B90-B271-E22DB0253B73.jpeg

27704125-CE3F-4EE6-ADAB-8D7C130AC40B.jpeg

Sitting with coffee in hand this morning.

It was forecasted to be a high wind day today and it is blowing a hoolie (love that expression Schumi it is so descriptive). I’am so glad we had the dead palm fronds cut out of the palms ar they would be everywhere with this wind.

Schumi hope your mom and other family member are doing better. Sending :hug: your way and prayers for their speedy recovery.

Charade sounds like B’s school has lots of rules on grad dress code. I’am sure she will look beautiful in the dress she has selected. It sounds like you have been a supportive mom in making sure she has all she needs. I agree about the excessive numerous extra costs of all the grad attire. Many years ago you bought your gown and motorboard and the school provided your tassels.

Lynne sounds like you have been busy getting your daughter ready for graduation too....I know she will be pretty in her prom attire....hope you are all well and your weather looks up soon. Always love your animal pictures.

Bobbie68 you can vent here anytime.....we’re your Sans family:grouphug:....Sorry to hear you have been put into such a crappy situation for Viv’s trip.....You have gone above and beyond to make sure this trip will be a good one for your daughter and this other youngman.....you are an angel.....There are not many people who would do this.

Tink Happy Birthday to your daughter....I hope you are doing well :hug:
B690D82C-601D-44AA-93E7-1DA54233A3B5.gif

Keisha hope the feet are better :hug: and you don’t get Poison Ivy from your yard work...That stuff is miserable. Sending good luck your way for getting all your hotel and additional travel plans sorted..

I had to break up vacation travel for grandchildren this year. Granddaughter only has a week at end of April and Grandson is third week of May. So flights and Resorts are taken care of just need to rent cars. Will do that soon.

Pattyw hang in there.....just think about your next trip to Florida...it makes all that hard work and frustration worth it.

Monykalyn I always love to hear about your chickens. Those new little ones are so cute.

Sue your vacation is coming soon. Hope you got your shopping done across the border. I really like Trader Joe’s. We don’t have those around here....I always stopped there when we visited hubby’s brother and sister in law in Indianapolis.

Mac hope the foot is healing nice.

Agavegirl1 hope your back is doing well and you are doing the happy dance and thinking if your upcoming HHN.

857EA4D5-4E75-4B72-B546-E2241AA7D65D.gif

:wave:Ckmiles, Tygerlilly, Squirlz and all the other Sans family.

CF0D7CD3-E665-47F6-81DE-15BEDFDC0DF0.jpeg

Last edited:
Robo- I just LOVE the Charlie Brown dancing picture!!:love: Yay for 2 vacations with the grandkids!! :cheer2:

Mac- hope you're napping with the kitties- and resting your foot!

womans_retirement_cat_design_t_shirt-rb2656a1b529f472b83db06b7307af63d_k2gml_307.jpg

If only I could get this job!

animals-cat-cat_nap-cat_napping-catnaps-cat_naps-hscn482_low.jpg

Quick lunch break! and a cookie!!:)

I’m home from work and have the windows open. A gentle breeze is blowing and I can hear the sound of the wind chimes on the deck. I may just doze off for awhile.

Charade sounds like B’s school has lots of rules on grad dress code. I’am sure she will look beautiful in the dress she has selected. It sounds like you have been a supportive mom in making sure she has all she needs. I agree about the excessive numerous extra costs of all the grad attire. Many years ago you bought your gown and motorboard and the school provided your tassels.

I don’t mind the graduation dress code so much. i just wish the school would enforce the regular dress code
or just do away with it.
We still need to go shopping for B’s graduation dress. I think we will do that after we get back from Orlando. I suppose I should get something nice for myself too.
When I graduated our gown was a rental, but we paid to keep the cap and tassel. I have no idea where that stuff is now. I also have an honor cord somewhere. We didn’t get NHS stoles.

I had to break up vacation travel for grandchildren this year. Granddaughter only has a week at end of April and Grandson is third week of May. So flights and Resorts are taken care of just need to rent cars. Will do that soon.
So... two vacations? Sounds good to me.

I just got 2 new t-shirts that I am thinking of taking to Disney. One is an Avengers shirt and the other is Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem from the Muppets.

Thank you for the good wishes.....much appreciated.

We are shattered.....but all looks good with both family members, so can`t ask for more...…..

Doubt I`ll catch up with all the posts I`ve missed but hope everyone is good...….

Oh Vicki, belated birthday wishes to Danielle.....hope she had a good birthday.....:cake:

Oops, I’m way behind in reading and missed your last posts Schumi

Hope your family members have a swift healing and recover quickly

And belated birthday wishes for Vicki’s daughter

Sending good wishes to all the homies that are going through stressful times now

Things will get better!

Ever have a night and you go from
dreaming to wide awake hours later?

Welcome to my world
Lol

I can remember having night owls in this group that would be posting away on the sans when most were asleep

If tiny dancer was still here we would be taking away right now

It was a warm day Thursday and today(Friday) will be in the 70’s again

Sunburn weather time is back

Need to hit Walgreens for sunblock today when they open

I’ll have the bacon and coffee/tea ready when the homies get up later

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter