• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Cloudy and gloomy here but above freezing. I am feeling better and will attempt making stir fry for dinner as it was my one measly day off for the end of tax season. After reading the last several pages, I swear we homies are the "Walking Wounded". Hoping everyone is feeling fabulous soon and spring makes its appearance as winter gives out its last gasp. I'm ready. I am soooooo ready. Mother Nature, buy a calendar already...

HELLLLLLoooo
Long lost SANner.

Hope you guys are well. I'm in the middle of Micah's deployment, planning a wedding, planning September trip, planning a honeymoon, trying to make the business run, and not screaming my head off. Also the woahs of a 16 year old dog have been weighing on me. I'm just hoping he makes it until Micah gets home.

I got a new car! And I live in Tallahassee now.

Hope you guys are doing well!

HELLLLLLoooo
Long lost SANner.

Hope you guys are well. I'm in the middle of Micah's deployment, planning a wedding, planning September trip, planning a honeymoon, trying to make the business run, and not screaming my head off. Also the woahs of a 16 year old dog have been weighing on me. I'm just hoping he makes it until Micah gets home.

:welcome:

back home tinyD!

I have been wondering when you were gonna come back home here.
Can see you have been busy with the planning and your move to a new city.

How long is Micah's tour?

As long as he makes it back home for the wedding, that is all good.

:welcome:

back home tinyD!

I have been wondering when you were gonna come back home here.
Can see you have been busy with the planning and your move to a new city.

How long is Micah's tour?

As long as he makes it back home for the wedding, that is all good.

He's technically on a 6 month deployment, but he'll be gone 7.5 months. They say he will be back no later than Aug 1, but I'm not holding my breath. Wedding is in November and that's why. Just in case he doesn't get back or gets extended. He started doing training in October of last year, so it honeslty feels like hes been gone a lot longer.

Yeah, it's just been a very stressful two years. I get distracted easily among other things so just been staying off of outlets such as disboards or else I spend all of my time here. Wedding planning takes up all my non-existent free time these days.... and sometimes my work time.

What's been up with you guys? Theres no possible way I can catch up now.

Hey TinyD! So glad to hear all is well and wedding planning. Having my DH gone 19 months was the longest we were apart, though months at a time and gone when little one was born. So I feel for ya. Keep in touch! And a fall wedding sounds lovely. And yay for the new car and new town you are now in. And I will cross fingers for ya with the dog. Sadly, I had to put both my dogs down while DH was away, but we rescued a puppy, that we had for 13 years, before he came home.

Quiet evening and bundled up on the couch. Older one has the TV.

Evening Mac. Cats comfortable?

Well, no one is pregnant in the sans group.

Kfish had a baby earlier this year and we don't see her anymore at 2 am since the little is now sleeping more in the night.
We have some walking wounded in the group
Some homies from years past have come back to play

Everyone talks about the weather so that has not changed since you last were here.

You know how it is on the sans, we jump from one subject to another with each post.......lol

So Micah will be back August but you are not sure.
As long as he is back home in November for the wedding is all that matters...

You have a lot to get down in the following months and I know you will succeed in that!

What you can't finish doing, you have all your siblings that will help out.

I expect wedding pictures to be posted before the end of the year......

Hey Lynne....cats have been whining since 8:00 for food.

I kept telling then they have 1.5 hours to go before feeding time.

They ignore me as usual and jump on the keyboard and screw up what I have been typing.

Hey TinyD! So glad to hear all is well and wedding planning. Having my DH gone 19 months was the longest we were apart, though months at a time and gone when little one was born. So I feel for ya. Keep in touch! And a fall wedding sounds lovely. And yay for the new car and new town you are now in. And I will cross fingers for ya with the dog. Sadly, I had to put both my dogs down while DH was away, but we rescued a puppy, that we had for 13 years, before he came home.

Quiet evening and bundled up on the couch. Older one has the TV.

Evening Mac. Cats comfortable?
19 MONTHS?!?! Nope. I cant even imagine. Oh the dog... Gosh. It might not be so hard if it were our dog together... But he got this dog when he(micah) was 15 and I didn't come into the picture until the dog was about to turn 15! So Micah is gone and the dog is left with me... Hes just recently gotten out of the funk hes been in since October. I'm about to be gone for 2 weeks I suspect the funk will come back when I get back. And I'm not talking about the way he smells. Why do old dogs stink?!?! I think a selfish part of Micah hopes he doesn't have to be the one to put him down, but obviously the loving selfless side of home wants to be there for his buddy. And now I'm tearing up. Here's a picture for smiles
23593547_10159775622585436_3410380058013248275_o.jpg 29101442_10160344765330436_3137085439173722112_o.jpg 1059_532730407584_9820_n.jpg

Well, no one is pregnant in the sans group.

Kfish had a baby earlier this year and we don't see her anymore at 2 am since the little is now sleeping more in the night.
We have some walking wounded in the group
Some homies from years past have come back to play

Everyone talks about the weather so that has not changed since you last were here.

You know how it is on the sans, we jump from one subject to another with each post.......lol

So Micah will be back August but you are not sure.
As long as he is back home in November for the wedding is all that matters...

You have a lot to get down in the following months and I know you will succeed in that!

What you can't finish doing, you have all your siblings that will help out.

I expect wedding pictures to be posted before the end of the year......
New baby, thats fun. Glad shes sleeping better for moms sanity.

If Micah isn't back by September trip I'm going to be super depressed. The hurricane tried to cancel last years trip (the engagement) and it better not cancel our HES HOME celebration! (Because I can't have a hes home celebration alone......)
We'll be doing engagement (haha) pictures whenever he gets home and then yes I'm sure I'll be back with wedding pictures whenever I get them in.

Universal Hotels are annoying me today... or maybe I'm just in a really bad mood.
Their new youfirst rules are different than the regular youfirst rules and I'm pretty annoyed. I tried to call to get my upgrade for PBH 1 night stay and apparently because the category I'm booked at is all full they cannot upgrade me despite the fact that the room I want to upgrade (bay view) is open at my promo rate. So now you have to have your category AND the upgrade category both open at the promo rate. Used to be that it was just the upgrade at your promo had to be available. And if you're booking the last of the promo room type online you're SOL unless you call. Now I know I have to call to book. I should be near platinum soon. Forgot to ask youfirst earlier and they were closed when I called back. The youfirst person I talked to the first time was very apologetic and obviously very frustrated by universals rules. He said nothing he can do through because they play by their own rules....

My APH also expired earlier this year because the site glitched. I renewed (or thought I did) online and I THOUGHT it went through. I never got an e-mail or anything and honestly forgot.... Come to find out my pass expired and I was never charged. It honestly was okay and why I never contacted them.... I realized I wouldnt be using my pass for nearly 8 months anyways... was just one of those REALLY? Moments. Now no one can upgrade online. Have to call or go in person.

On the disney side of things I think this is my last year as an APH for a while. Giving it a break until a year or so after Star Wars opens I think. Too busy... I cant imagine dealing with the SW crowds.

Good evening everyone. I made it back into work today. I didn’t really want to go, but really had no reason not to. SO far I have been feeling okay. No more nausea or pain.

Squirlz - I missed what kind of trip you had, but glad that you had fun. Sounds like you had almost royal treatment.

Schumi - Hope you get your spring weather soon. I think ours may finally be here.

Patty - Have a great time in Orlando.

Robo - Prayers for a quick recovery.

Agavegirl - Glad you are feeling better.

Tinydacer - Hello. You sound very busy. Congrats on the new car. MY husband went to grad school in Tallahassee.

Didn’t sleep much last night, so I’m hoping tonight will be better. I will probably doze off while watching TV.

Good night

Good evening everyone. I made it back into work today. I didn’t really want to go, but really had no reason not to. SO far I have been feeling okay. No more nausea or pain.
Tinydacer - Hello. You sound very busy. Congrats on the new car. MY husband went to grad school in Tallahassee.

Didn’t sleep much last night, so I’m hoping tonight will be better. I will probably doze off while watching TV.

Good night
FSU or FAMU?
Hate that you've been feeling sick. (I'm a little behind.) Hope you continue to feel better.

So you get your life back to a normal life on 4/18.....

then you can come play more here with us!

Oh my I have missed you all. I promise, after April 17th and tax season I will be "engaged".

It sounds an incredibly busy time for you!! I can’t imagine.......

Up early again today........fog has gone thankfully, although I do kinda like fog as long as we’re all in and safe.......do worry about having to drive in it.........

Not sure of plans today but do have a guy coming to over plans to redo utility and laundry room....and he’s due around 9am........

Then it’s Wednesday, so food out with friend........

Have a great Wednesday..........:)

images
images

Why yes it is! Wednesday, when the thought of the week-end getting closer. Get over this day, and Friday will be here before ya know it. Hey Keisha, and those of leisure, it's Wednesday.

Charade, glad to hear you are feeling better.

TinyD, he's a nice looking dog. I enjoy pictures, so ya better be posting some. I hope your guy does come home in August. It is hard, but there's always us here to cheer ya up, and you can always call me. I was a commander's spouse, so I have been used to helping.

Good Afternoon Schumi, we have a 35 degree start, with dipping below freezing in the wee hours. No fog like we had yesterday. Hope you're happy with the new utility and laundry room design.

Some clouds on the horizon, but was a light gold horizon at sunrise. Clouds and sun today. Second day I could see my breath. But, the weather gang is teasing, a summer like day on Saturday. We may even break 80! I will break out the suntan lotion. I looked at my face Sunday night, as Sunday's game was in full sun, even if colder than we wanted with a biting wind. Yep, too much color. So hat will come out as well.

HeHe, I have never used the term money grab. Last night, I asked little one if she wanted a quick long week-end for her birthday in Orlando, and go to Mickey's Halloween Party. I said they are starting earlier in August now. She said, yeah, that's a money grab. I was like yes, it is. But I am happy for those like us, Northern families, that vacationed at the end of August, as school starts after Labor Day. Usually at that time, while lower crowds, hotter than crap, rainy and during Hurricane Season, there was nothing going on. Summer extras were over, and fall events didn't start yet. I have to check prices. If we do go, we will surely sneak in some Dark Side too.

Agavegirl, it will be over soon, and yes, come back and play here. This is the one of two most expensive months for us. All the taxes have been paid, so we can relax until the school tax payment in September.

Squirlz, sounded like an awesome trip. Enjoyed hearing about all the fun you had.

With that, I need tea.

Good Morning Mac, Robo, Tink, Charade, and all the other homies.

FSU or FAMU?
Hate that you've been feeling sick. (I'm a little behind.) Hope you continue to feel better.

FSU. He earned his MFA and Ph.D. There.

Lynne - You are so lucky. Our schools stat at the end of August. There is never really a good time for us to take a vacation durning the school year.

I gotta get to work. See y’all later.

HELLLLLLoooo
Long lost SANner.

ARE YOU KIDDIN' ME!? An ACTUAL TD09 SIGHTIN"!!!! :worship:
HOWDY 'LIL BIT!

WOOOOOWHOOO!!! MY DAY IS 150 % better now! :tongue:

(...plus, we're headin' to Orlando in the mornin'!!!)
Oh the life of a military family. Dad was in the USCG for 19 1/2 years. He was out-to-sea usually for 6 months at a time during most of those years, except for the late 60s, when he got to visit beautiful beaches of Vietnam. (Well, a few hundred yards offshore of the beaches.) He had incredible stories to tell, I shouldda had him write a book.

Well, no one is pregnant in the sans group.....

Well...That's a relief. (Or at least it would be for us at this stage of our life!!!) :rolleyes1

Have a great trip buckeev in case I miss you before you set off.........hope it`s the best trip ever for you :)

Glad your fog has cleared Lynne......never fun!!

Continued hugs for Robo........hope you`re doing better today......we`re all thinking of you and praying for a quick recovery.........:hug:

Still cold here.

Out tonight though with friend.......may have to drag out the winter coats and jackets again.......certainly boots tonight. But, we have been promised better weather is around the corner...........:scratchin

images
Sending well wishes to Robo. Thinking of you right now, and that great laugh we had at HHN last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter