SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly, no. I’m more afraid I’ll plummet to my death on the Skyliner. We all have our own fears though!
OMG This is my thought exactly! I was watching a Facebook video someone posted of the Skyliner traveling over water and thought what in the world? If that gondola were to plummet to the water, the people would drown. You can't open those doors from the inside I imagine and water would rush in through the vent.

OMG This is my thought exactly! I was watching a Facebook video someone posted of the Skyliner traveling over water and thought what in the world? If that gondola were to plummet to the water, the people would drown. You can't open those doors from the inside I imagine and water would rush in through the vent.
In the event you survived you get some sweet gift cards, though!🏊‍♂️:laughing:

From WDW INFO: https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...d-back-to-april-6-due-to-construction-delays/

"Last month, we reported that Space 220, the space-themed restaurant coming to Future World in Epcot, was set to open on March 30, but we have since been advised that the opening has been bumped to April 6, 2020.
The delay, according to our well-placed sources, is due to a large pane of glass getting broken during construction and needing to be specially ordered (taking 8 weeks). Once the new glass arrives, the roof may need to be removed to install it.
The restaurant’s menu is still in the testing phase and it is unknown at this time when it will be released or when Advance Dining Reservations will open for this much-anticipated location."

Still nothing official has been announced by Disney though. I will believe a date when it comes from Disney, not a 'well-placed source'.

It's crazy how Disney always drops something when you aren't looking. You can refresh a page 300 times in a week, crickets - get busy with other stuff and then find out they released a new FP or ADR yesterday or a half a day ago without you knowing. Happened to me today with MMRR.

I flipped out when I saw it up and then saw it was completely GONE. What?!!

Moved some things around and was happy to snag one with reduced riders though - thanks to this board!!!
Same-I was off this board from about 11am-2pm and missed MMRR opening day-the only day we will be in HS our upcoming trip-at least I can queue up first thing at rope drop-not so with Space 220 for our June. I'm banking on park hoppers we will have that trip and breakfast-dinner times for reservations, thinking surely for two/three of us we can get something! Also another chance for a MMRR fastpass.

I read that the name comes from the fact that the restaurant is supposed to be on a space station 220 miles above the earth.
That's what Bob Chapek said at D23 Expo last August, so I guess that's reasonably accurate.

I do wish they had been able to open on Feb. 20, though....

We are going mid April and had already decided to skip it this trip even if it was open.
With all the issues its seemed to have with menu, chef, etc, we just weren't confident it would be showing its best a few weeks after opening.
At this rate, it may not be open yet, by the time we are there.

This should be the response to every new question

Everything we know about Space 220:
  • It will be in Epcot near Mission Space
  • It will open in 2019 Winter 2020 March 30, 2020 Some point in the future (There has been absolutely nothing confirmed regarding when it will open)
  • It will appear as if you were dining in space
  • It will have food
  • It will have lots of beer/wine (more than 1,000 bottles of the world’s finest wines and a wide selection of craft beer)
  • It will have an elevator ("a special space elevator that will ascend to the stars! Along the way, viewports will give you an aerial view of Epcot as you travel high above the planet.")
  • It will be ran by the Patina Group
Everything we don't know about Space 220:
  • Exact date it will open, or even month for that matter at this point
  • When it will take ADR (This includes not knowing if it will be before or after it opens)
  • What the menu will be (other than it will feature "modern American cuisine"
  • The cost (including dining credits)
Think that covers it.

Anyone else now kind of freaked out we'll be eating dinner and a giant sheet of glass will shatter on us? Not getting super confident about the construction of this place.

No, frankly I'm worried its going to break or crack and they'll just slap a bandaid on it like with Everest and the glass in the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland. You'd think they would learn their lesson about rubber stamping designs that need the roof off to fix...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter