SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was eagerly looking forward to Space 220, but then they started having the issues, and the delays, and they are Patina, not Disney, and I fell back into a "wait-and-see" for the reviews to come in. This latest issue though - they broke a piece of glass so big that it needs to be custom-made, and they may need to take the roof off to get it in?!? Pardon the saying, but why on earth do they need that big of a piece of glass?

Guys, I think I'm back in!

OMG This is my thought exactly! I was watching a Facebook video someone posted of the Skyliner traveling over water and thought what in the world? If that gondola were to plummet to the water, the people would drown. You can't open those doors from the inside I imagine and water would rush in through the vent.
Never thought about this! Now I have some new fears to deal with 😂

I originally was in this watching for our Feb 27, 2020 Epcot day. But, now I'm already doing prelim planning for June 2021, for about 12 days. So, I guess I get to enjoy our times in this quickly spiraling thread for another 16 months!
To infinity.....and beyond!

OMG This is my thought exactly! I was watching a Facebook video someone posted of the Skyliner traveling over water and thought what in the world? If that gondola were to plummet to the water, the people would drown. You can't open those doors from the inside I imagine and water would rush in through the vent.

I'm sure it turns into a raft as soon as it hits the water :rolleyes1

I was eagerly looking forward to Space 220, but then they started having the issues, and the delays, and they are Patina, not Disney, and I fell back into a "wait-and-see" for the reviews to come in. This latest issue though - they broke a piece of glass so big that it needs to be custom-made, and they may need to take the roof off to get it in?!? Pardon the saying, but why on earth do they need that big of a piece of glass?

Guys, I think I'm back in!
Half of the restaurant is looking out into space, so I imagine the floor to ceiling "windows" are very big sections of glass.

Pretty sure its just Astronaut Ice Cream and other freeze-dried foods because that's all there is to eat in space.
Its that realistic experience they are going for like in star wars land.

JK
That’s what my granddaughter said 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter