Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker discussion thread (*** now contains spoilers ***)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this trailer didn’t tell us much about the movie. The trailer showed things we already knew really.

yeah, seems more focused on getting people excited for it (seen with all the ships, bunch of scenes of the ligtsaber duel on the broken bits of Death Star in water, scenes of the group planning, etc.) and emotionally invested (C-3POs line, Luke and Leia's at the end, etc.)

I think the iceberg scene was something new

So if Palpatine is alive or able to impact the Star Wars universe in some way, Vader/Anakin didn't really matter in the big picture. The most iconic villain in sci-fi history was just a stooge for Palpatine and he wasn't even really able to redeem himself by ending Palpatine. That is pretty hard to swallow.

So if Palpatine is alive or able to impact the Star Wars universe in some way, Vader/Anakin didn't really matter in the big picture. The most iconic villain in sci-fi history was just a stooge for Palpatine and he wasn't even really able to redeem himself by ending Palpatine. That is pretty hard to swallow.

Oh come on, we all know the girl will do the job right.

yeah, seems more focused on getting people excited for it (seen with all the ships, bunch of scenes of the ligtsaber duel on the broken bits of Death Star in water, scenes of the group planning, etc.) and emotionally invested (C-3POs line, Luke and Leia's at the end, etc.)

I think the iceberg scene was something new
I’m more or less talking about plot points. A lot of trailers these days reveal a lot of plot points. This didn’t.

Man, I was kinda trying not to watch the trailer - but I think I'm going to have to. It sounds like it's not too spoilery so I'll give it a look when I go home.

Man, I was kinda trying not to watch the trailer - but I think I'm going to have to. It sounds like it's not too spoilery so I'll give it a look when I go home.

Not much to any spoiling in the trailer. As mentioned, it's a good trailer to get people excited. This is supposed to be the longest Star Wars film and with tying the previous 8 films together there's got to be a ton of surprises yet to be revealed. Usually I wait a few days before catching the new Star Wars movies, but I think there's going to be a significant amount of surprises/reveals with this one along with a ton of spoilage over the holiday period. I had to make sure I got tickets to see this episode within the 1st 24 hrs and avoid the interwebs on opening night

C'mon ... they've got The Ghost right up front! Probably never happen, but I'd really love to see a quick live-action cameo with Hera Syndulla (and Jacen?) heading into battle

And Chopper! Gotta have Chop!!

That 3P0 thing is killing me. I have loved him from day one, and he is giving me serious Bing Bong vibes here.

I am worried about 3P0. Don't touch him. I hope that scene was misleading.

The horse pigs seemed kind of dumb. They were galloping across a star destroyer, right? I guess a crashed star destroyer??? Hopefully not in space.

I am unsure about that run time. I've seen a few long run time movies that were good, but most of them just waste the extra time. Canto Bight scene, anyone? Absolutely nothing to do with advancing the story.

C'mon ... they've got The Ghost right up front! Probably never happen, but I'd really love to see a quick live-action cameo with Hera Syndulla (and Jacen?) heading into battle
And Chopper! Gotta have Chop!!

That 3P0 thing is killing me. I have loved him from day one, and he is giving me serious Bing Bong vibes here.

Rebel crew yes! I am waiting for my Ahsoka/Sabine live action go searching for Ezra movie.

Karly, you are speaking my language. My fav droids are 3P0 and Chopper (heck, not even droids, favorite characters in general).

Vadar was pre-Disney, so they don't care.

Maybe there will be a massive Jedi ghost saber fight between Anakin and Palpatine.

I've always considered *saving Luke*, his son, his redemption, not the fact that he ended Palpatine. He did that to save his son, not free the galaxy of evil, which is still 100% valid no matter what.

We'll have to see in what capacity Palpatine still exists, however.

I LOVED the trailer and I'm 1000% hyped for this movie. I got tickets for two showings opening weekend.

Forgot all about the trailer being released last night. I am going to make sure that I watch it with my 8 year old grandson. He is having a tough time due to divorce and father who has multiple issues. I told him that I was going to take him to this movie when it is released in December and he has since become a big Star Wars fan.

Not much to any spoiling in the trailer. As mentioned, it's a good trailer to get people excited. This is supposed to be the longest Star Wars film and with tying the previous 8 films together there's got to be a ton of surprises yet to be revealed. Usually I wait a few days before catching the new Star Wars movies, but I think there's going to be a significant amount of surprises/reveals with this one along with a ton of spoilage over the holiday period. I had to make sure I got tickets to see this episode within the 1st 24 hrs and avoid the interwebs on opening night

Okay, watched it on my Lunch break. It is really cool and didn't show too much - just enough to be exciting. The Palpatine angle is fascinating, and yeah, that's The Ghost! :D Love it!

I have watched all 8 movies and Solo/Rogue One...and from this trailer, I have absolutely no idea what this new movie is gonna be about. With the ending to TLJ so final, I think that's a mistake, b/c the trailer really doesn't give me any sense of any story coming...and puts me in the "I'll pass for now" category. My boys want to see it, but will wait. My girls have told me they refuse to see it. So, it might be a mid-January movie...or one at our discount theater in Feb...unless they sell me some sorta of "makes any sense" story between now and then.

I have watched all 8 movies and Solo/Rogue One...and from this trailer, I have absolutely no idea what this new movie is gonna be about. With the ending to TLJ so final, I think that's a mistake, b/c the trailer really doesn't give me any sense of any story coming...and puts me in the "I'll pass for now" category. My boys want to see it, but will wait. My girls have told me they refuse to see it. So, it might be a mid-January movie...or one at our discount theater in Feb...unless they sell me some sorta of "makes any sense" story between now and then.
See I think thats what makes this trailer great. A sense of surprise. Trailers give away so much these days it was nice to not have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter