Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker discussion thread (*** now contains spoilers ***)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthony Daniels / C3PO got to speak the first words in Star Wars: A New Hope. Since he's been in EVERY Star Wars (Skywalker related) movie, he should get the honor of speaking the last words in this last Skywalker saga film.

I've always considered *saving Luke*, his son, his redemption, not the fact that he ended Palpatine. He did that to save his son, not free the galaxy of evil, which is still 100% valid no matter what.

We'll have to see in what capacity Palpatine still exists, however.
Note that Saving Luke - means that Rey got trained - means Vader was still the means to Palpatine's end if that's where they're going.

And Chopper! Gotta have Chop!!

Rogue One did have the Ghost cameo at the Battle of Scarif, and Chopper made an appearance at the Yavin base:

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-star-wars-rebels-easter-eggs-and-connections-in-rogue-one
You could also hear 'General Syndulla' being paged on the comm system of the Rebel Base in another scene ... but I really just want a quick live action glimpse. I'd guess she'd be much older around Han / Leia / Lando's age range at this point.

Anthony Daniels / C3PO got to speak the first words in Star Wars: A New Hope. Since he's been in EVERY Star Wars (Skywalker related) movie, he should get the honor of speaking the last words in this last Skywalker saga film.

There's been a lot of rumors floating around, but I like the idea that the saga began with C3PO and R2, and it should end in some way with the driods.

That and then when Leia had the last word of the trailer, finishing Luke's line with "always"
Me = ugly, ugly cried. And it wasn't Luke saying "always." It was Leia.

Man, I was kinda trying not to watch the trailer - but I think I'm going to have to. It sounds like it's not too spoilery so I'll give it a look when I go home.
See I think thats what makes this trailer great. A sense of surprise. Trailers give away so much these days it was nice to not have that.
I think JJ Abrams is the king of not giving away plot points on the trailers. And I really do think that he put a lot of time and effort (I mean, look at the Easter eggs in the trailer alone!) that he will take the few redeeming qualities from TLJ and be able to satisfy the (majority) of the masses.

Still...that last time gets me deep. I remember going to see the original Star Wars in the theater and then drive-in. It will be a bittersweet ending. I'm grateful to have two tickets to opening day, since I'm pretty sure I'll be so emotional after the first showing.

I am worried about 3P0. Don't touch him. I hope that scene was misleading.

C-3PO's memory was wiped after Jedi but doesn't mean memories aren't buried there ... and Babu, the creature seen working on him can "reprogram or modify virtually any droid " ... so I think they need to get informaiton that 3PO has buried and do to so they have to return his system to before it was wiped (and that is what Babu is doing) but by doing so he will lose all the memories that happens since then - so he will no longer know his "friends" after this is accomplished

C-3PO's memory was wiped after Jedi but doesn't mean memories aren't buried there ...

Probably a quick typo, but you meant after Revenge of the Sith

It was the best of all the new movies from this go around...awesome might be a bit much, but it is very good...

Solo was a solid film and definitely worth watching. For me, after repeated viewings Rouge One holds up as my favorite of the new movies ... it just seems to have more of that old school original trilogy vibe

Personally, I liked TLJ better than TFA. It went directions that I wasn't expecting, which was a nice reprieve after the rehash of a New Hope in TFA.

Rogue One is still my favorite of the new movies. Had such a gritty old Star Wars feel to it over the new trilogy ones. Solo was okay. Enjoyable, but it's not in my library, which isn't tough to do if it's Star Wars related.

Personally, I liked TLJ better than TFA. It went directions that I wasn't expecting, which was a nice reprieve after the rehash of a New Hope in TFA.

Rogue One is still my favorite of the new movies. Had such a gritty old Star Wars feel to it over the new trilogy ones. Solo was okay. Enjoyable, but it's not in my library, which isn't tough to do if it's Star Wars related.

Overall I thought TFA was a better, tighter, more consistent movie - but the high points of TLJ were better than those of TFA, just was more uneven and had some lower/silly points. It is similar to Return of the Jedi to me in that way - very high high points, but the lows are pretty low

The people working at LucasFilm didn't change between Disney buying them.
Umm, the Lucas Story Group was created after that. They were put in charge of the story Star Wars told. Only two worked at Lucas at the time and they had no history in the main story line. They were StarWars.com content people.

Umm, the Lucas Story Group was created after that. They were put in charge of the story Star Wars told. Only two worked at Lucas at the time and they had no history in the main story line. They were StarWars.com content people.
I’m thinking of the bigger names like Dave Filoni and Doug Chiang. People who have been with the company for years.

C-3PO's memory was wiped after Jedi but doesn't mean memories aren't buried there ... and Babu, the creature seen working on him can "reprogram or modify virtually any droid " ... so I think they need to get informaiton that 3PO has buried and do to so they have to return his system to before it was wiped (and that is what Babu is doing) but by doing so he will lose all the memories that happens since then - so he will no longer know his "friends" after this is accomplished

Who the heck is Babu, besides the ocelot in Archer.

I would appreciate if C3P0 and R2 ended the movies, but I don't have much faith in that.

BB8 is the new R2. R2 has spent the majority of the new movies under a sheet.

I am very curious where they're going with this movie after the ending of that last one. Apparently Leia has no friends, there are 15 people left in the Resistance and the villain of the last two movies went out like a chump. And one of the 15 people in the Resistance could not film any new scenes for this movie.

That is a lot of constraints.

Of course I'm still seeing it opening night, but I am concerned.

Who the heck is Babu, besides the ocelot in Archer.

Babu Frik:

Babu Frik is “the tiny Anzellan droidsmith” who “works among the Spice Runners of Kijimi and can reprogram or modify virtually any droid — regardless of the security measures protecting its systems.” Kijimi is a new snow-dusted planet that is home to the Thieves’ Quarter, a place Variety says “has become very profitable for scoundrels to avoid picking a side during the escalating war between Leia’s Resistance and Kylo Ren’s forces.” It’s also where Keri Russell’s all new character Zorii Bliss resides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter