States requiring a 14 day self quarantine

luvsvacation

Mouseketeer
I’m trying to find a list of states that currently have a 14 day self quarantine restriction. I can find outdated list from last month, but I’m not having any luck finding a current list. I’m trying to make some summer travel plans, as all of our previous plans had to be cancelled. If your state has such a restriction right now could you please let me know. Thanks!

Residents of NY, NJ and CT still have to self isolate or quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Florida. State of Florida Executive Order 20-82. Louisiana residents were added when LA became a hot spot.

NH is still requiring it.

It's not the most enforceable rule though, so at least here, it's not being obeyed.

I was just reading the Universal reopening plan for June 5th and it said something about guests who come from a high risk area have to book at least 14 nights to self quarantine. Not sure if it will be enforced or not.

I believe Texas just lifted theirs. This posted today:

"Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order Thursday lifting air travel restrictions, a press release from his office announced.

The order immediately stops all restriction that mandated quarantines for travelers coming from several states, according to the release."

I was just reading the Universal reopening plan for June 5th and it said something about guests who come from a high risk area have to book at least 14 nights to self quarantine. Not sure if it will be enforced or not.
That tells me they clearly don’t want anyone visiting from a hotspot.

That tells me they clearly don’t want anyone visiting from a hotspot.
yeah, sounds like it. I just wonder if it will be enforced. It said something like you had to book either at least 14 days or self quarantine for the number of days you were staying if it was under 14. That makes no sense. So if you book a 6 night stay, you have to stay in your hotel the whole time? Will they not let you into the park or out to get food? So strange.

Maine is requiring a 14 day quarantine for anyone entering the state, through July, I believe. How is it possible to come here for a week's vacation but have to quarantine in your hotel for 2 weeks before the vacation starts?

Maine is requiring a 14 day quarantine for anyone entering the state, through July, I believe. How is it possible to come here for a week's vacation but have to quarantine in your hotel for 2 weeks before the vacation starts?
In Arizona the self quarantine for newly arriving people from out of state was 14 days or until you depart, whichever was shorter.

That was my question. It seems impossible to enforce. From what I understand, if you stay less than 2 weeks, then you are supposed to just stay in your room and quarantine for the full time you are there. That is ridiculous. Who would do that? My guess is that it is a suggestion and not enforceable. I suppose they could have hotels not take out of state reservations for under 14 days, but I'm not sure how well that would go over.

That was my question. It seems impossible to enforce. From what I understand, if you stay less than 2 weeks, then you are supposed to just stay in your room and quarantine for the full time you are there. That is ridiculous. Who would do that? My guess is that it is a suggestion and not enforceable. I suppose they could have hotels not take out of state reservations for under 14 days, but I'm not sure how well that would go over.

From what I understand, Hawaii is the strictest place. If you come into Hawaii. They enforce the 14 day quarantine. Example if you are staying at a hotel, the hotel gives you a one time key, it will unlock your room just one time. After that you must stay in your hotel room for 14 days. If you leave your hotel room you will need to go the front desk to request another key. Multiple people have been forced to leave Hawaii that did not follow their rules.

The point is to discourage visitors. If you go on a 1 week vacation to a place with a 14 day quarantine then I'll bet you rethink that destination and try to go somewhere else without a 14 day self-quarantine rule.

The point is to discourage visitors. If you go on a 1 week vacation to a place with a 14 day quarantine then I'll bet you rethink that destination and try to go somewhere else without a 14 day self-quarantine rule.

Yes, I understand the intent is to discourage visitors but there will always be people who will just do what they want. If they CAN book 7 nights and go the parks/restaurants etc. they will. If there is nothing to stop them like denying them park entrance or something. It is not being enforced, like it apparently is in Hawaii.

Yes, I understand the intent is to discourage visitors but there will always be people who will just do what they want. If they CAN book 7 nights and go the parks/restaurants etc. they will. If there is nothing to stop them like denying them park entrance or something. It is not being enforced, like it apparently is in Hawaii.
And the selfish Americans that refuse to follow the guidelines are what will make this pandemic worse than it needs to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter