Still Moving People at Boardwalk Villas

PrincessGenie

Earning My Ears
I just had a call from Member Services. My reservation made on June 13 last year for May 1-8 this year (3 weeks away!) at a one bedroom Boardwalk view is "not available due to the renovations". She offered a 1 bedroom standard view at Animal Kingdom Lodge. My husband uses an ECV and Oxygen. We are going for the Flower and Garden Festival. I refused. She said she was sorry I had no other options. I said I needed to be in the EPCOT area. On hold for 10 minutes and she came back and said sorry nothing available. I asked to speak to a supervisor, She said i am a supervisor. This is not resolved yet because I said I wanted to talk to HER supervisor. I finally got a reply that her supervisor would call me back but it might not be for a day or two. I am VERY disappointed in DVC right now. No amount of reminding her that Boardwalk rooms were finished months ago would move her from stating that it was due to the renovations. Does anyone have any advice on where else I can call or write to try to resolve this?

I just had a call from Member Services. My reservation made on June 13 last year for May 1-8 this year (3 weeks away!) at a one bedroom Boardwalk view is "not available due to the renovations". She offered a 1 bedroom standard view at Animal Kingdom Lodge. My husband uses an ECV and Oxygen. We are going for the Flower and Garden Festival. I refused. She said she was sorry I had no other options. I said I needed to be in the EPCOT area. On hold for 10 minutes and she came back and said sorry nothing available. I asked to speak to a supervisor, She said i am a supervisor. This is not resolved yet because I said I wanted to talk to HER supervisor. I finally got a reply that her supervisor would call me back but it might not be for a day or two. I am VERY disappointed in DVC right now. No amount of reminding her that Boardwalk rooms were finished months ago would move her from stating that it was due to the renovations. Does anyone have any advice on where else I can call or write to try to resolve this?
I’m sorry you are having to go through this.

With that being said, I’m sure it must be pretty miserable for the CM to make those calls.

I just did a check on the hotel side and see this is available:

Attachments

• IMG_1382.png
    IMG_1382.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 76
I’m sorry you are having to go through this.

With that being said, I’m sure it must be pretty miserable for the CM to make those calls.

I just did a check on the hotel side and see this is available:
Those rooms have staircases to the bedroom area. OP mentioned DH using an ECV and oxygen, so I doubt that is a good option.

There are also rooms available at Yacht club and Beach club, though they are just regular hotel rooms....

Yes - I'd absolutely guess the 1BR booking is for a combo of more room with the ECV+king bed, although OP is welcome to tell me not to project. :)

I just received call too. Had 1BR at BW May 3-8 and tried offering me yacht club hotel room with $50 credit a night.

I refused because I have 3 kids, hotel room not big enough for us.

And going from 1 BR to hotel room for $50 doesn’t seem fair. Yacht isn’t dvc but 1 br to studio is like 15 point a night difference, way more than $50 a night.

Took them looking around and finding something but we found a room at kidani. Member services was very nice on phone. I know it stinks but it’s not really their fault about renovations. They just have to be ones to break bad news

Last edited:
I did receive a call back from a Senior Supervisor who spent as much time as needed with me to resolve my issue with losing the Boardwalk 1 BR reservation. We settled on an accessible room at the Yacht Club and compensation for breakfast. My chief need was to be in the EPCOT area so that we can spend much of our time at the Flower and Garden Festival. You are correct _auroraborealis_ we always book 1 BR for the extra space and the King bed. However, since our need to be in the EPCOT area was foremost this time, I was happy to take the hotel room at the YC. Thanks all for your thoughtful answers to my post.

I did receive a call back from a Senior Supervisor who spent as much time as needed with me to resolve my issue with losing the Boardwalk 1 BR reservation. We settled on an accessible room at the Yacht Club and compensation for breakfast. My chief need was to be in the EPCOT area so that we can spend much of our time at the Flower and Garden Festival. You are correct _auroraborealis_ we always book 1 BR for the extra space and the King bed. However, since our need to be in the EPCOT area was foremost this time, I was happy to take the hotel room at the YC. Thanks all for your thoughtful answers to my post.
glad it worked out and I hope you have an awesome time!

I just received call too. Had 1BR at BW May 3-8 and tried offering me yacht club hotel room with $50 credit a night.

I refused because I have 3 kids, hotel room not big enough for us.

And going from 1 BR to hotel room for $50 doesn’t seem fair. Yacht isn’t dvc but 1 br to studio is like 15 point a night difference, way more than $50 a night.

Took them looking around and finding something but we found a room at kidani. Member services was very nice on phone. I know it stinks but it’s not really their fault about renovations. They just have to be ones to break bad news
I agree, going from a 1 br. to a hotel room for $50 per night doesn’t seem fair because it isn’t even close to being fair, it’s an insult based on any way you calculate the value of a 1 br. v. a hotel room.
Across the board at all of the combo hotel/DVC resorts Disney charges cash guests the same price per night for studios & hotel rooms, so in Disney’s eyes a hotel room equals a studio. A 1 br., OTH, costs a lot more than $50 per night.
Looking at the WDW booking site, the first month I could find availability in was July & Disney is charging $790 per night for a 1 br. BW view villa & $598 per night for a YC hotel room. Thus, at a minimum they should offer $192 per night - the difference in the cash value of a YC hotel room v. a BWV BW view 1 br. as measured by their own pricing.
Or they could measure the value of the downgrade based on DVC metrics, a 1 br. BW view in April costs roughly 20 more points per night than a studio BW view villa, DVC charges $20 per point for OTU points, 20x$20=$400 per night.
I’m glad they at least found you a 1 br. & AKL/V is a lovely resort & I hope you enjoy your stay there. The Kidani 1 br.s have 2 bathrooms which is great. The hallways are long, though (not that BWV owners are strangers to long hallways) so you might want to put in a location request. If you’re in a standard view a request to be near the Pumba elevator if granted might give you a view of the Pembe savanna.
I’m glad they found a solution that will work for you & the YC is my favorite crescent lake resort. But, I really think in situations where DVC is asking to downgrade folks from a 1 br. to the equivalent of a studio (which is basically what a hotel room is,) they should offer to return the difference in points between a studio & a 1 br. (around 20 per night in this case) and offer to bank them for you even if you’re past your banking deadline.

I have a boardwalk view studio for April 28-May 3. No call, I just checked my reservation on the website and it’s still there.

Wonder what the deal is? Boardwalk view was reported as done months ago. Wonder if after some of the unfavorable initial reactions they are going back and changing some things.

I have a boardwalk view studio for April 28-May 3. No call, I just checked my reservation on the website and it’s still there.

Wonder what the deal is? Boardwalk view was reported as done months ago. Wonder if after some of the unfavorable initial reactions they are going back and changing some things.
According to a post on FB one person who was moved was told there were issues -- murphy beds, plumbing, and perhaps electrical on the rooms that were already completed.

Your reservation would not disappear from your dashboard before they communicate with you.

I have a Boardwalk Standard View Studio for May 14 to 18. Starting to get close to my check-in date.

I really thought renovations would have been done by now. But based on what Disney allowed us to book, so did Disney! 😁

I guess it’s because of all the extra people they added to work on Cake Bake Shop construction. 😂

At a minimum, some of the refurbished rooms still needed Murphy Beds installed. There were supply delays which prompted them to re-open some of the renovated rooms with the sofa beds still in place.

I agree, going from a 1 br. to a hotel room for $50 per night doesn’t seem fair because it isn’t even close to being fair, it’s an insult based on any way you calculate the value of a 1 br. v. a hotel room.
And in a 1 Bedroom you have a washer/dryer, full size refrigerator/freezer, and 2 separate sleeping areas with a TV for each.

I believe Disney cares less and less about the accomodations aspect of the business every day. (well with DVC, when the resort is sold out) They no longer value the guest of the resorts as they once did.

I had a boardwalk boardwalk view studio from 5/3 - 5/5, and I was moved to a Poly Lake View Studio, and then a Boardwalk Standard view 5/5 - 5/9, and that was moved to Yacht Club Water view. All with a $50 per night credit, which I was happy with. It does seem like the 1 bedroom reservations are not being properly compensated though.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter