Still Moving People at Boardwalk Villas

We have a 1 BR Standard Studio from May 18-22 and I'll hit the roof if they want to switch to a hotel room.

We have a reservation for a Studio in July, I would hope they will have all issues done by then.

We have rented DVC points for a stay in Mid May, studio pool /garden view at Boardwalk. Would Disney reach out to us, the renters, or the DVC member if a change needed to be made?

That is what I'm afraid of. Not too excited about arriving at Boardwalk and finding out we have been moved to another resort.

That is what I'm afraid of. Not too excited about arriving at Boardwalk and finding out we have been moved to another resort.
I have a rental coming up May 5-7, followed by May 7-10 with two different owners. It's a BWV studio standard view, and the owners put continuing stay in with Member Services, so I (hopefully) could stay in the same studio. I messaged both owners a couple of weeks back, and asked them if they are contacted, to please request a room in one of the Epcot resorts.
Maybe contact your owner and request the same.

If the reservation is linked to you in MDE, they have your phone number and will call you. You would be the Primary Guest.
I am not sure that is true. One of my two Boardwalk reservations that were changed, my husband and I (the owners) were not guests on the reservation at all, and I know the reservation was linked in MDE, but Member Services still called me.

We have a reservation at the Boardwalk from May 4-10 for a 3BR Grand Villa. So far I have not seen a report of any cancellations for any of the 3BRs but still holding my breath that we don't get a phone call.

If the reservation is linked to you in MDE, they have your phone number and will call you. You would be the Primary Guest.
Through the years when DVC has shuffled guests to other resorts I’ve seen reports of DVC contacting the owner who’s rented out the points & I’ve also seen reports of DVC contacting the non owner who rented the points, so who knows what they’re doing this time 🤷‍♀️.

My guess is they will contact the owner because regardless of who the guest is, the reservation belongs to the owner.

If they are making adjustments, especially if it involved points, the owner would be the one to approve it, not a guest.

My guess is they will contact the owner because regardless of who the guest is, the reservation belongs to the owner.

If they are making adjustments, especially if it involved points, the owner would be the one to approve it, not a guest.
Or should be the one to approve it. @sndral has a point -- this is DVC, which means the most consistent expectation is inconsistency.

I did receive a call back from a Senior Supervisor who spent as much time as needed with me to resolve my issue with losing the Boardwalk 1 BR reservation. We settled on an accessible room at the Yacht Club and compensation for breakfast. My chief need was to be in the EPCOT area so that we can spend much of our time at the Flower and Garden Festival. You are correct _auroraborealis_ we always book 1 BR for the extra space and the King bed. However, since our need to be in the EPCOT area was foremost this time, I was happy to take the hotel room at the YC. Thanks all for your thoughtful answers to my post.

So glad you got a better resolution with MS, but I’m assuming they refunded your points, right?????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter