Still Moving People at Boardwalk Villas

So glad you got a better resolution with MS, but I’m assuming they refunded your points, right?????
And got a free stay at Yacht Club? I could definitely see getting the difference in points between a studio and a one bedroom refunded, since a room at Yacht Club is much more comparable to a studio.

So glad you got a better resolution with MS, but I’m assuming they refunded your points, right?????
Our needs were to stay in the EPCOT area because of my husband's need to use the ECV and Oxygen and to possibly return to room for rest during park visits, mostly Flower and Garden. I was offered comparable 1 BR at Animal Kingdom (too far for returns for afternoon breaks) or Suite at Art of Animation which is on the Skyliner and therefore entry at International Gate, same as Boardwalk). We chose the Yacht Club and compensation for breakfast because of our specific needs, the great pool and the proximity of favorite restaurants. Points for 1 BR Boardwalk for our stay was 213 points. Members can stay at other Disney Hotels with points and the points for that week at the Yacht Club would be 440 points. I did not expect to receive my points back and felt the resolution was fair. My heart goes out to the cast members who were told on 4/3 that many reservations at Boardwalk had to be cancelled and rebooked. We all know how painful that is for us but they are on the front lines of our disappointment and I felt that the two who helped make our change did the best job they could with a difficult situation. Thanks for all your interest and responses.

Our needs were to stay in the EPCOT area because of my husband's need to use the ECV and Oxygen and to possibly return to room for rest during park visits, mostly Flower and Garden. I was offered comparable 1 BR at Animal Kingdom (too far for returns for afternoon breaks) or Suite at Art of Animation which is on the Skyliner and therefore entry at International Gate, same as Boardwalk). We chose the Yacht Club and compensation for breakfast because of our specific needs, the great pool and the proximity of favorite restaurants. Points for 1 BR Boardwalk for our stay was 213 points. Members can stay at other Disney Hotels with points and the points for that week at the Yacht Club would be 440 points. I did not expect to receive my points back and felt the resolution was fair. My heart goes out to the cast members who were told on 4/3 that many reservations at Boardwalk had to be cancelled and rebooked. We all know how painful that is for us but they are on the front lines of our disappointment and I felt that the two who helped make our change did the best job they could with a difficult situation. Thanks for all your interest and responses.
I see. Sounds like you were very gracious as well. I hope you have a wonderful trip!!

So is it the standard views getting THE CALL? I have a 1bdr booked with a garden view May 3- 11 (8 nights). I havent received a call yet--and dont plan on answering if I do! It's also a bummer that construction will still be going on. Any construction updates?

Points for 1 BR Boardwalk for our stay was 213 points. Members can stay at other Disney Hotels with points and the points for that week at the Yacht Club would be 440 points. I did not expect to receive my points back and felt the resolution was fair.
This particular person is happy with how the situation was handled, based on the needs of the people in their group.

What bothers me is the part of the post I am quoting here.

Members can use their points to stay at non-DVC Disney resorts. A member who is planning a trip could say to themselves, "I love the Yacht Club, and I am happy to use my points to stay in a Yacht Club room." But most members would not use their points that way, because it does not make financial sense. If a member really wants to stay at the Yacht Club, the Member can book the Yacht Club when there is a discount, and rent out their points to bring in some cash. Or bank their points into the following year. It annoys me that DVC uses this as an argument when telling telling someone that they should be happy with moving from a 1-bedroom to a hotel room.

I was looking at a fall stay for comparison. When Disney charges rack rate:
They charge $815 for a BoardWalk Villas 1 bedroom standard view for the night I was looking at.
For that same night, they charge $572 for a Yacht Club resort view room.
So it seems to me that Disney does not think that a Yacht Club room plus $50 is comparable to a BoardWalk Villas 1-bedroom.
If the Math isn't correct when Disney is taking money from people, then the Math isn't correct when Disney is moving people.

Just my take on the subject.

So is it the standard views getting THE CALL? I have a 1bdr booked with a garden view May 3- 11 (8 nights). I havent received a call yet--and dont plan on answering if I do! It's also a bummer that construction will still be going on. Any construction updates?
Not answering the call won’t change the room availability… it just means there will be even less options for you when you check in.

This particular person is happy with how the situation was handled, based on the needs of the people in their group.

What bothers me is the part of the post I am quoting here.

Members can use their points to stay at non-DVC Disney resorts. A member who is planning a trip could say to themselves, "I love the Yacht Club, and I am happy to use my points to stay in a Yacht Club room." But most members would not use their points that way, because it does not make financial sense. If a member really wants to stay at the Yacht Club, the Member can book the Yacht Club when there is a discount, and rent out their points to bring in some cash. Or bank their points into the following year. It annoys me that DVC uses this as an argument when telling telling someone that they should be happy with moving from a 1-bedroom to a hotel room.

I was looking at a fall stay for comparison. When Disney charges rack rate:
They charge $815 for a BoardWalk Villas 1 bedroom standard view for the night I was looking at.
For that same night, they charge $572 for a Yacht Club resort view room.
So it seems to me that Disney does not think that a Yacht Club room plus $50 is comparable to a BoardWalk Villas 1-bedroom.
If the Math isn't correct when Disney is taking money from people, then the Math isn't correct when Disney is moving people.

Just my take on the subject.
Totally agree. I had a studio that also got me moved to a Yacht Club room with a $50 a night credit. I was happy with this, but if I had a 1 bedroom booked, and I got the exact some thing with no refund of points, I would be annoyed.

A few years back, I rented out a BWV reservation thru David’s. There was a problem with the villa, and DVC got in touch with me, the owner, not the renters. Seems like they should still be getting in touch with the owners, since it is their points on the line.

We have a 1 night BWV studio reservation next month. We have not been contacted to move.

Does anybody have an idea of how many BW view rooms they still need to complete? I know they've been moving people recently but I could've swore they were done with these already. We just had a stay in a BW view studio for 3 nights at the end of March so I'm surprised they're still doing these.

Does anybody have an idea of how many BW view rooms they still need to complete? I know they've been moving people recently but I could've swore they were done with these already. We just had a stay in a BW view studio for 3 nights at the end of March so I'm surprised they're still doing these.
From reports elsewhere, it sounds like some things needed to be redone - Murphy beds, electrical, plumbing?

Following this same drama across Facebook groups as well since we have a 1 bedroom Standard View coming up in May. From Facebook, it's been mostly boardwalk view moved (both studios and 1bdrm) followed by standard view. I have seen a couple of posts of garden view also moved, but not as many.

I also wholeheartedly agree with the poster above that the comparison should be rack rate and not exchange points. B/c the DVC point exchange rate into the hotels is just pointless.

Nah. If Disney moved me from a 1 BR into a hotel room anywhere on property I would expect some points back. The only thing I would consider is CL. Yeah, CL at GDT sounds about comparable to me. :scratchin It's not my choice and it's pretty much "suck it up" to stay in a different accomodation that doesn't offer the same room amenites, full kitchen, refrigerator, washer and dryer. When I book there are reasons why I book what I do. Sure Disney collection requires more points but it certainly isn't a choice most members would make when booking. Particulary for multi-day stays. I've done it once many years ago, because we needed a one night stay somewhere at WDW so I booked CRT.

Last edited:
Okay, I have not kept up with this at all. I have one bedroom boardwalk view in August. Is there a chance I will end up elsewhere?

We have 2 P/G studios starting April 20th. No calls yet. I put in requests for Village Green view, but at this point, I'll just take anything staying put....

100% best view in my opinion.

I can watch to see where the boat is at for the boat transportation and see fireworks at epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter