SWA FEB Watch LIST (Feb/march is open)

canwegosoon said:
I used most of my DH FF miles and 4 vouchers (35 each) I had from a price decrease last year(even after the $100 price adjustment on US Air).

I was able to get DH and #1son on a United flight ALB-chicago-mco mco-dulles-alb and #2 son and I are on a US Air flight alb-pitts-mco mco-charlotte-alb. We all leave at the same time on both trips and only the arrival to mco am I waiting for 1 hour for DH/#1son (I figured I would rent the car in that time), and our flight home we arrive within 20 minutes of each other. I only ended up paying $160 for the balance of one ticket...the others were free.
I really wish Albany would pick up the pace with some of these other carriers, but my new stragety is show me the frequent flyer miles. I also am with Citizens Bank(charter one, albank) and have enough mega rewards to get a free airline ticket...so I am going to look into that for next year.
I will be in Latham tomorrow for breakfast!!! I'll wave hi to you down the road in Niskayuna!!!! :wave2:

Wow.....$160.00....very good! We've done the United alb-ord-mco several times (before SW came to alb), it's not so bad. It will certainly be worth it at that price. Hated to see you go though....you ARE the one who started this very long, somewhat agonizing, thread last JULY!

I am also hoping for another low cost carrier here...everyone else seems to have either Jetblue, Airtran or Song as options.

By the way...I live so close to Latham (right off route 7 only 5 minutes from the airport) that I may see you wave! Have fun in February!!!

Herb Kelleher will be arriving in Denver tonight. So it looks like the announcement ceremony will probably be tomorrow. Herb (CEO/Founder) always does the new city annoucements. Does anybody know what time they usually hold the annoucement? I am sure that the schedule update will be loaded into the web site along with all the other changes a new city pair would require.

SWA press announcements are usually 10 or 11 am EST.

OK.... you SWer's got your fingers ready?

(No I don't know anything! I figure all of you must be poised to click this morning with the rumour/guess that today might be the day. I'm just hanging around to see what I missed! ) :teeth:

Until 1am ET hoping they would make the change at the "beginning" of the day. :bored:

I'm excited to see how far they will extend their schedule... come on April 20-23 Buf --> MCO :cool1:

My daughter, who has found this whole thing very amusing, has advised me to sit at the computer all morning with my fingers in the "home row position" on the keyboard....remember that from HS keyboarding? She also gave me finger calistenics (sp?) to do yesterday. I have to say. I've taken my fair share of abuse over this in the past 2 months! :rolleyes:

So what happens? Does the Reservation page just show a new date when they release them? Is there an announcement on the Home Page for SW?

I am sitting here this morning hoping this rumor is true also! Then if the prices are too high I can just get use to the fact that we are driving 17 hours both ways :earseek: .

DJ

Nope, not yet. Maybe 11:00am? This has added some excitement to the workday hasn't it?

boomhauer said:
It was just a rumor. Nothing was guarenteed unfortunately.

I know--but I was/am sure hoping!

Do we know what is happening in Denver? Has the announcement been made yet?

Just found a Denver news story that said that SW will release the details at 11:00 today. (Denver time) Flights can begin being booked right after the news conference--so some changes have to be made in the system today.

What time zone is Denver? I think we need to wait a few more hours.

Denver is MOUNTAIN...so 11 in Denver is 10 am in Pacific (us "other coast"ers), noon in Central and 1 pm for that WDW coast

challada said:
Denver is MOUNTAIN...so 11 in Denver is 10 am in Pacific (us "other coast"ers), noon in Central and 1 pm for that WDW coast

I thought it was, but didn't feel like looking it up! I'll be back at 1pm (my time!).

Flyertalk predicts 10 AM CENTRAL TIME
labelanswers.GIF

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter