Tammy & Randy's Wishes VR:7/14/10~WP/Napa/France-PROF PICS!!!!!

Yay I'm glad that you are back and had a wonderful time! I cannot wait to read the TR, it sounds like it is going to be fantastic!

wrapping up trip/misc pics.....

the next morning we headed to MK( via boat) from WL! It was a nice change from the buses..... once at MK we met up with DDs did alitlte window shopping and then headed to our breakfast ressie at crystal palace( one of our favorites). after breakfast we met up with my girlfriend, did some rides and then of course more shopping. I splurged on a blue DB wristlet. ( I love it).

That night randy and I had special dinner at Tonys for just us... we had never eaten here before but I wanted to try it.....
0716102125.jpg

saturday came all to soon.... everyone was leaving..... after packing up and doing airline check in everyone headed to DTD for the last hurrah! everyone wanted a few last minutes items to take home!

we had lunch at earl of sandwich, walked around the shops and then about 3:30 headed back over to SSR to board ME and say goodbye one more time!

This truly was a magical trip for us and our family in many ways, yes it was costly and for some people it would be something they would ever even consider but the memories we have made, shared and brought home with us ( and will have forever) are ones of family , friends and fun in a truly magical place!
yes we will go back and so will many (if not all) of our guests but the memories from this trip will last forever- a once in a lifetime adventure for so many! If I had been asked twenty years ago when we arrived at WDW on our HM if this was possible , I would have smiled and said not in my wildest dreams..... but dreams can come true!

Have pics yet to add, more to come....

Its been over a week , and I wanted to give myself time to collect my thoughts about everything before posting reviews. I am not going to give letter grades because I truly feel everyone and I mean everyone did their job very well! everything was beyond what we imagined and everyone deserves credit!

DFTW-
Pam was coordinator- she was very helpful. i had alot of questions and she always responded quickly and provided information she could. Pam was very helpful is choosing our reception site. I had never really considered the napa room before she suggested it but it was the right choice for us!

Meri was our planner. I was so happy with her and her assistant (Alix) they truly made alot of things very easy, esp. when we had changes and then when we got our rooms bumped to SSR. meri always responded quickly to any questions and gave suggestions as I needed. She is just a very nice person too. I know its her job but she does it well. I am glad we had the opportunity to work with meri!

Elizabeth from floral was great. we didn't have alot of floral but what we did was perfect. whenever I called her she responded quickly. I gave her color names of BM dresses and she matched ribbons in the WP perfectly! everything at the reception was perfect! I gave our reception things to meri on tuesday with notes about where/how everything should be and it was exactly where it should have been. nothing was out of place.

Kristen handled our room block. Originally most of our guests had booked their rooms outside the room block because we were able to get a great rate but when we were offered the upgrade from the ASM to 1 bd. villas at SSR there was no comparison. I spoke with her several times near the end when we got upgraded to SSR and she responded quickly to any questions concerns I had....she really made it easy as we were switching 7 rooms in matter of a few days..... alittle stress there getting in touch with everyone etc but in the end it all worked out for the best! everyone really liked the SSR there was just so much more room and the kitchen too!

Patricia Le Jeune -hair/makeup
her and her staff showed up promptly at 5:30 and worked diligently to have hair and makeup for 3 done by 8:00 limo was picking us up at 8:30. We were ready slightly ahead of time! Patricia is a def professional and worked effortlessly while making it easy to sit and chat. she is funny and very pleasant. I don't wear alot of makeup normally and was pleased with Patricia. she listened to me and my ideas and did what I requested. Neither DD really had any idea how they wanted their hair, she talked with them and was very caring about applying their makeup and doing their hair. My hair lasted.... all day and for the next morning photo shoot. And let me tell you it was warm. when I finally took it out my Dh thought it would be nice to have an after pic-maybe I will post later.....it was a quite sight. there were six spiral jewels, 27 bobby pins and one well tied hair band! I am not young( married twenty years ago) but I feel Patricia did a good job, I felt like I looked nice and thats all I wanted. I was very happy with how both DDs looked. ( they are both dancers/performers and are used to wearing heavier stage makeup but thats not what I wanted for this day).
I went back and fourth alot on whether to spend the money to have hair/makeup done, but in the end I am glad I did! I would highly recommend Patricia and her staff!

Photography
Randy Chapman
He was our choice from the beginning. I booked him even before we actually got our date..... he is nice and very easy to work with . at our wedding our photographer had double booked himself, though we got the pictures we wanted it was stressful, so photography was a big deal for me and after talking with Randy and seeing his work I was very comfortable with him as a professional. I wasn't disappointed. Randy is def a professional and does his job well! I am looking forward to getting the pics.....We aren't big pic people but wanted specific things and Randy basically knew all the details we wanted without us having to tell him.... he was great with goofy and guests at the reception.He made sure every family got a picture with goofy. That was important to us! He even helped setup some shots with positioning cake table and making suggestions for pics with goofy etc...

Ceremony
Rev Kevin Knox
He again was our choice early on and always responded to emails quickly. He was helpful in arranging ceremony in they way we wanted. he followed ceremony perfectly. He was prompt and friendly. even when DH thought he had forgotten the final payment at the ceremony, he was ok with that and said we could send it to him( dh did find it then but a few uncomfortable moments). made everything easy and gave cues as needed during ceremony.....

Napa Room Staff

I don't know their names, but the two gentlemen we wonderful! Everything was very well presented . when I asked about something, it was already done or on the way....we requested extra bags at the end to pack things up and they got those for us. awesome food and service!

DPS for MK/Epcot shoot
I was pleasantly/happily surprised. Our photographer was Joe( I had requested a specific photographer, but I know that is not a given which is fine) Joe was very nice ,very professional, friendly and very attentive. he called the morning of the shoot sort of like a "wake up call" and arrived promptly in the porticio of WL. we went to MK first and then epcot. we were picked up a 5:30 a.m. and returned to resort just before 9:00- so it was a long amount of time. he had suggestions, listened and went to locations we requested -what more could you ask....it was a very special and unique experience and in retro spect I can't imagine not doing a photo shoot. I had struggled with the cost but when DH didn't even hesitate that pretty made the decision. I am very pleased with our pictures and Have received alot of compliments on them. we will have them to enjoy for a lifetime!

a few Final thoughts....
Final thoughts.... basically my final thoughts are that yeah this was a something we didn't need to do
(after all we were already married and had been for twenty years) but am I glad we did? YES!
twenty years ago we had a wonderful wedding, but the VR was about us ,our family now and how much disney is a part of our lives! we aren't rich but we enjoy our disney trips together. Its our family vacation spot. we have shared so many vacations and memories at disney it was the only choice for us!
would we do it again .... YES in a heart beat! DH too!
was it hard planning....I love planning so no ,were there times I felt like why I am doing this... yes but in the end I wouldn't have had it any other way.

would I change anything..... NO. there was nothing I would change because everything we planned and did had meaning for us and it all came together better than we imagined....
It would have been nice not to have 102 degree heat index, but it was july...

will our dd have a disney wedding..... if they want (I hope at least one does...)

I feel very lucky to had had the opportunity to have a VR at disney and have shared it with so many of family and friends! It truly was a magical day for us! family, friends and fun--thats what it was all about!:goodvibes

For anyone considering it for a wedding or VR I can't imagine a better place. good luck to all those planning and truly hope everyone has their dream day! WE DID!:goodvibes

Thank you for following along on this magical journey! more pics to come....

Tammy
Looks like you had a fabulous time!!
How many guests did you have?
Did Randy do your photos?
It makes me so excited for my VR in May to see the fun you all had.
Beautiful!!

Tammy
Looks like you had a fabulous time!!
How many guests did you have?
Did Randy do your photos?
It makes me so excited for my VR in May to see the fun you all had.
Beautiful!!

we really did have a wonderful time!we had a total of twenty five. Randy was our photographer for the ceremony and into the reception- I am waiting for his pics. everyone really enjoyed themselves! Thanks for reading..... we never considered anywhere but disney for a VR and we were def not disappointed- it was so much more wonderful than we even imagined!:goodvibes

Wow you are quick! I cannot believe how fast you have all of this up! It looks like you had a wonderful day and your sorbet surprise was just what you expected for your guests! I am glad to hear that things went well, and I cannot wait for your professional pics!

Wow you are quick! I cannot believe how fast you have all of this up! It looks like you had a wonderful day and your sorbet surprise was just what you expected for your guests! I am glad to hear that things went well, and I cannot wait for your professional pics!

Thanks I wanted to get started...it was a wonderful day and yes the sorbet slipper was def. a wonderful surprise and one highlight of the reception.:goodvibes I have some more pics coming for different parts of the VR day/trip. Thanks for reading more to come....:goodvibes

Looks like you had a fantastic day. :goodvibes
Thanks for reading . we really did and actually it was more the whole trip! Having everyone stay in the 1 bedroom villas at SSR after getting bumped from ASM was really wonderful, esp for getting ready for the ceremony etc and having the kitchens for the families that went with us..... that was just one of many extras the made the trip so much more memorable :goodvibes

here are some MK fireworks-Summer Nightastic- pics taken from 13th floor of contemporary..... from friday and saturday night . not the best but still pretty!
mk2.jpg

mk3.jpg

mk8.jpg

mk5.jpg

mk9.jpg

mk6.jpg

mk7.jpg

mk11.jpg

mk12.jpg

mk13.jpg

this was late sunday afternoon at MK.... we were standing in fantasy land right above the tea cups.... when we saw this.... a double rainbow....
dublerainbow.jpg

more to come....

Wow, that was quick! Everything looks great and it looks like you had an amazing day. I love the part about your SIL and the slipper, it's really nice to see that even the skeptics felt the magic in the end ;).

The fireworks pics are pretty and very cool that you saw a double rainbow. BTW have you seen or heard the youtube video of the guy that lives out in the wilderness and saw a double rainbow? I heard it on the radio and it's really something else, he is super enthusiastic about the double rainbow, it's a little funny.

Wow, that was quick! Everything looks great and it looks like you had an amazing day. I love the part about your SIL and the slipper, it's really nice to see that even the skeptics felt the magic in the end ;).

The fireworks pics are pretty and very cool that you saw a double rainbow. BTW have you seen or heard the youtube video of the guy that lives out in the wilderness and saw a double rainbow? I heard it on the radio and it's really something else, he is super enthusiastic about the double rainbow, it's a little funny.

Sara, I agree,I wanted everyone to have fun and I know everyone did!:goodvibes Thanks for following along!

I will have too look for that video...

Tammy ~ First, congratulations, it looks like you had a beautiful VR! I saw you were back earlier this week and then was so busy and just got a chance to come to the board. I came to your TR first and I was surprised to see I was able to read your whole report all at once. It was so nice to see a great overview already :thumbsup2

Let's see - I love how you were able to have so much time with family from the breakfast at O'hanas to the welcome party at the pool. I am sure your guests had a wonderful time. Also, I love seeing pictures of the tea. We did the same menu and everyone loved it. It is such a fun experience for people to have at Disney.

Your flowers were beautiful and I loved the parasols for the girls. I am sure Randy got some cute shots with them. That is so nice that you were able to have Randy (photographer) take her senior pictures too, how special to have them at Disney!

:bride::groom: You and Randy looked so happy coming into the wedding pavilion, it looks like your day really was a dream come true. I had forgotten you got pictures at Epcot too, I can't wait to see everything from your shoot!

I thought it was so touching what your sister-in-law (I think it was her) said about the slippers. We had a lot of naysayers about Disney who ended up saying how they loved everything at our wedding. Its amazing what a little pixie dust can do to people pixiedust:

The caricatures and Goofy looked like they were big hits at the reception :goofy: The cake was super cute too, it reminds me of the University of Michigan colors (maize & blue: where DH and I met) so I am even more partial to it! It looked like they did a great spread with the sandwich items and salads at the reception. Also, the DP desserts looked extra yummy too!

I would love to hear even more about your trip. I am so happy that you received the nice room upgrades. What a great surprise at WL! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter