• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Tapping Out" at FP Touchpoint still okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, if you are just going to tap and run wouldn't it be a little more fun to just ride the attraction?

you may need to sit down for this, but living with the land used to be a tier one FP. I never understood this one.

They need(ed) Tier 1 choices which have no height requirement.

What you quoted was a slightly different issue but in your situation of a different park it's not an issue period. It's only when it's in the same park that you have problems with deleting/not using and the whole fake tapping, tap and run, whatever you want to call it comes in to play. Park hoping, not a problem. 4th and more and tiers in the same park it is.

OK, so let me make sure I've got my feeble mind wrapped around this.

If I'm staying in the park and want to do a second Tier 1 ride, I must "burn" through 3 other FP, including a couple of Tier 2s. However, if I'm planning in advance to hop, I can book just one or two FP in the first park and then as soon as I use the first FP+ in the first park, I can then book another Tier 1 FP+ in another park? Does it have to be a Tier 1 FP+ that I use in the first park before I can book a Tier 1 in the second park? What if I make 3 FP+ reservations in the first park and plan to hop? Do I have to use all 3 in the first park before I can make a Tier 1 in the second park? If so, wouldn't it make more sense to only make two FP+ in the first park, especially a park like Epcot where most of the Tier 2 rides don't need FP+ anyway?

Oy, so many possibilities. Where's the Abbott and Costello "Who's on First" routine when you need it? :D

EDIT: By the way, I love the name of Tap and Run. The visual image is hysterical. It actually would be a pretty cool rock band name too.

I don't know, if you are just going to tap and run wouldn't it be a little more fun to just ride the attraction?

Some, yes.
Some, no.

Consider that some FP attractions can be ridden, even multiple times, without a FP.

Maybe I'm still not understanding the whole SDFP. We travel mainly during Xmas so the thought (and most likely ability) to get another FP+ isn't there. Most desired attractions are gone long before we arrive.

In retrospect, if you need to use that FP+ in order to get a new one... can't you just switch the FP+ for the one you want?

Edit: ah, okay... just read @Klayfish's explanation (or their realization, rather) It's for hopping. That makes sense now.

And now almost always has a line, thanks to FP+.

Living with the Land?? For us, it's always one of our "go to" rides when we have time to kill. At least when we're there, it never has a line. I think the most we ever waited for it was 6 or 7 minutes. Usually it's a straight walk on. Same for Figment.

Living with the Land?? For us, it's always one of our "go to" rides when we have time to kill. At least when we're there, it never has a line. I think the most we ever waited for it was 6 or 7 minutes. Usually it's a straight walk on. Same for Figment.
Yep, Living with the Land.

Yes, which is why we really don't use the tap and run option. We just go ahead and ride the attraction. Even if it doesn't need the FP. Sometimes, it can mean a much shorter walk through the queue (Nemo/Little Mermaid, I'm talking to you)

Maybe I'm still not understanding the whole SDFP. We travel mainly during Xmas so the thought (and most likely ability) to get another FP+ isn't there. Most desired attractions are gone long before we arrive.

In retrospect, if you need to use that FP+ in order to get a new one... can't you just switch the FP+ for the one you want?

Edit: ah, okay... just read @Klayfish's explanation (or their realization, rather) It's for hopping. That makes sense now.
Not talking about SDFP here at all. Tap and run is discussing a FP you book with your ticket media

Last edited:
OK, so let me make sure I've got my feeble mind wrapped around this.

If I'm staying in the park and want to do a second Tier 1 ride, I must "burn" through 3 other FP, including a couple of Tier 2s. However, if I'm planning in advance to hop, I can book just one or two FP in the first park and then as soon as I use the first FP+ in the first park, I can then book another Tier 1 FP+ in another park? Does it have to be a Tier 1 FP+ that I use in the first park before I can book a Tier 1 in the second park? What if I make 3 FP+ reservations in the first park and plan to hop? Do I have to use all 3 in the first park before I can make a Tier 1 in the second park? If so, wouldn't it make more sense to only make two FP+ in the first park, especially a park like Epcot where most of the Tier 2 rides don't need FP+ anyway?

Oy, so many possibilities. Where's the Abbott and Costello "Who's on First" routine when you need it? :D

EDIT: By the way, I love the name of Tap and Run. The visual image is hysterical. It actually would be a pretty cool rock band name too.
Yeah, if you are staying in the same park you have to use, burn or otherwise let expire, all 3.
It's only for hopping that things get complicated. It's something I didn't quite grasp till about 6 months ago. The trick/key is not booking all 3 in park 1. You don't really want to book all 3 in park 1 as it just delays you getting a FP in park 2. Unless you want 3 in park 1. Then by all means book 3. This is only a technique to use when you don't want 3 in park 1.

Say you book Soarin' at Epcot at 60 days, nothing more. You plan to go to HS after riding TT stand by and Soarin' with a FP. As soon as you tap in to Soarin' pull up the MDE app and start to look for FP at HS.
You can book a Tier 1 at HS, and a Tier 2. You can do this before you even get on Soarin', since we know there is almost always a wait in the morning.
They don't have to be Tier 1 FP but since they are the most desired in most cases that's what most folks use this technique for

Yeah, if you are staying in the same park you have to use, burn or otherwise let expire, all 3.
It's only for hopping that things get complicated. It's something I didn't quite grasp till about 6 months ago. The trick/key is not booking all 3 in park 1. You don't really want to book all 3 in park 1 as it just delays you getting a FP in park 2. Unless you want 3 in park 1. Then by all means book 3. This is only a technique to use when you don't want 3 in park 1.

Say you book Soarin' at Epcot at 60 days, nothing more. You plan to go to HS after riding TT stand by and Soarin' with a FP. As soon as you tap in to Soarin' pull up the MDE app and start to look for FP at HS.
You can book a Tier 1 at HS, and a Tier 2. You can do this before you even get on Soarin', since we know there is almost always a wait in the morning.
They don't have to be Tier 1 FP but since they are the most desired in most cases that's what most folks use this technique for

This is a game changer. Wow.

Good! It was an obvious abuse of the TOS.
Actually it was monitored closely to be sure it stayed *within* the ToS. And when GLFP was explicitly excluded by an update to the ToS last fall, even though it still worked, discussion of how to use it was no longer allowed.

The other day I was looking at the MDE app and LwtL was like a 60 minute wait! I'm thinking something must have happened. Although, when we were there in February we were going to ride and it was at a 45 minute wait. We decided to skip it and I just moved up our Nemo FP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter