Teenage boy

Do you think it’s too embarrassing (for the teen that has been private about girls, but is getting serious about one and about to go to college) to buy some protection for him and just leave it in his room.

This was so much easier with my daughter (or at least that’s how I remember 😂 it’s been 8 years)

I was always very open with my kids. I wouldn’t worry about embarrassment. If I thought he might be reluctant to buy them himself, I’d hand him the protection and remind him about being protected.

My husband needs to deal with this with my boys. OMG I am not ready for this! I had the Birds and the Bees talk with all of them last year. Oi!!! :scared:

But does sex ed provide condoms or for that matter any birth control other than abstinence?
My kids high school gives away free condoms in the office. They said lots of people use to take them all the time. It’s provided by the local health unit and they would be in a big bowl in the office and kids could just come in and take them whenever they wanted.

But does sex ed provide condoms or for that matter any birth control other than abstinence?
No. But we subscribe to the theory that if they're old enough to have sex, they're old enough to walk into Walmart and buy some condoms. The boys are 25 and 27 year old college grads and no grandchildren yet. They would have been mortified if I bought them some anyway. We talked with them and they had sex ed in school. The rest is on them.

here is some wisdom I will throw on everyone, when my daughter was young and I was raising her, some times I would watch other parents and I would think they are goofing up, only I do this right, at the point I my daughter would do something so stupid, I knew everyone was questioning my parent style lol, so my advice is dont knock anyone else, if ya do it will come back and bit you in the ***

Last edited:
When my oldest was in HS the local health dept put on a play about STDs that horrified her. Her HS has always provided free condoms, no questions asked. I think that's a great idea, but I get some kids may be too embarrassed to get some. I wouldn't think it's a bad idea to get some for my kid just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter