TGIF: The College Years

pans labyrinth comes to mind lol.. and all of the asian cinema that was remade in recent years (departed, grudge, eye, ring, etc etc)

Departed wasn't really a Japanese remake. It's core story is based off of "Internal Affairs", but most of it's story and characters are based off of the Bulger gang that resided in South Boston for a long time.

Here is what the exact assignment is: Watch a foreign film and describe what you learn about that's culture's communication through the film. You must use films other than those shown in class.

Those films are A Passage to India, A Japanese Story, Babel, he has two others but they are TBA.

Does anyone know any foreign films I could watch? I have to do an analysis for my speech class and i need all the help I can get.

Amelie is one of my favorite foreign films. It's french. :)
Oh, and La Vita e Bella (Life is Beautiful) is an amazingly sad yet funny Italian movie about an Italian jew during WW2 who gets sent to a concentration camp.

Here is what the exact assignment is: Watch a foreign film and describe what you learn about that's culture's communication through the film. You must use films other than those shown in class.

Those films are A Passage to India, A Japanese Story, Babel, he has two others but they are TBA.

that actually sounds like an interesting assignment!! my favourite foreign movie is Amelie. :goodvibes

I'm on Reading Week this week (which is basically spring break, but no so much fun! they give you lots of assignments to do! barf)
It's grea though because my boyfriend has reading week this week as well so he's home and we are spending all the time we can together!!! (i hadn't seen him for THREE WEEKS before now!!)

On the weekend I went to Niagara Falls with 3 of my gtirlfriends, just to relax and have a good time.
Here are a few (of the hundreds of pics!)

n1643550032_32034_9193.jpg

that was the VIEW FOR OUR ROOM!!!!! it was beautiful!

n1643550032_32093_9642.jpg

i'm tom cruise....GET IT??
(ooh i'm cheesy)
that was at mme. tussaud's wax museum

n1643550032_32161_7390.jpg

that was on the skywheel (which should be called the DEATHwheel! because it was terrifying!!--you're in this enclosed glass ferris wheel thingy, totally scary!)

n1643550021_31782_6815.jpg

that was @ the rainforest cafe (which reminded me of WDW!!)

AAAND....on Monday my family GOT A NEW PUPPY!!!!!

n1643550032_32249_9873.jpg

:) he is named Callaway

n1643550032_32250_182.jpg

he is toooo cute!! i LOVELOVELOVE him!!

so I probably won't be on much this week since I will be with my boyfriend aaaalll week and busy with my new puppy! but i'll check in and see how everyone is doing :hippie:

Caitlin, you totally did that so much better then Tom Cruise! :lmao:

Your puppy is too stinkin' cute. I wanna come play with him!

You make a GREAT Tom Cruise! :thumbsup2 I did laugh out loud for that pic!

And your puppy? Those pics just make me wanna give the thing a big huge kiss!

:lmao: Those pictures are awesome! I've always wanted to go to Niagara Falls but have never gotten a chance... it looks gorgeous! And your dogs ADORABLE!!!!

I saw my first Broadway show last night! The Lion King has been in Milwaukee for about a month so my family and I went. All I can say is AMAZING. It was sooo good!

so the flu sucks.

i started feeling bad on friday and i'm still sick. im a germaphobe and use purell religiously. but, that doesn't help when your roommate brings it back and stays the night sick.

i hope none of yall get this!

so the flu sucks.

i started feeling bad on friday and i'm still sick. im a germaphobe and use purell religiously. but, that doesn't help when your roommate brings it back and stays the night sick.

Aw, you poor thing! :sad1: Feel better ASAP!

so the flu sucks.

:hug:
hope you feel better!!!

Is it bad that I'm planning on emailing my teacher and a bunch of us are to get class canceled tomorrow. We are excepted to get three inches of snow, we have an inch already and to get to school is nuts. Plus it doesn't help I don't have my paper done yet.

three inches of snow?! dang. it's just freakin cold and sunny here.

so im on the up and up... my flu turned into an upper respiratory infection and HORRIBLE laryngitis, for which im on steroids (which my 15 year old brother insists is going to make me want to 'pump iron')

my spring break starts today at 12:50!! so excited! im not doing anything, but that's always better than being at school!

happy thursday!

One more day of classes and YIPEE Spring Break! :) I so can't wait...

I've been so busy these last few weeks, with theatre stuff... being in the college mainstage, and directing my own 10 minute scene. But now they are all over (my scene went up today, eep! but it went really well, I'm so glad), and I can't wait to just relax for a week. YAY.

I already had my sring break. :sad1: last week.

arrrgh. and now it's just straight through until exams.
but really i only have one month to go, so it's not all that bad. april is pretty much just exams.
but figures i have my last exam on the very last day (which is april30)
but then am i free with FOUR glorious months of summer! And I can focus all my energy on planning our WDW trip in August!!! :thumbsup2

P.S; is anyone else as severely sick as I am of winter....GO AWAY!!!!!!!

UGH I'm so jealous! My Spring Break isn't until the third week of April and my finals go through the end of May. You're schedules are all so awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter