The Dis Goes to Italy 5/24 - 6/1/2012 Viva Italia!!!!

Has anyone else done the ABD survey? Not surprisingly, I am having problems with Disney's website loading the pages.

Has anyone else done the ABD survey? Not surprisingly, I am having problems with Disney's website loading the pages.

I had problems getting in the first time. I went back in on Monday and was able to complete the survey with no problem.

We didn't seem to have any issues with the system or the Survey... I gave my very honest opinion on every part, Good and ..well :confused3 not so good.

Is the survey random or does everyone get to participate?

We didn't seem to have any issues with the system or the Survey... I gave my very honest opinion on every part, Good and ..well :confused3 not so good.

Is the survey random or does everyone get to participate?

I don't know. I received my email the day of our farewell dinner.

I will be updating the posts I made during the trip with the photos I took but didn't upload while in Europe. (I would love to do a full blown day by day trip report but that just isn't going to happen in my lifetime.)

I've updated this post with photos of our hotel room in Rome.

I've added more photos of the Forum and Coliseum at http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44985644&postcount=694

Jack .... THANK YOU for posting thru the trip :hug:. John and I did not do the international cell phn thing this trip and we didn't even try to find a internet spot for the whole trip. We told the kids where we would be and how to get us if there was an emergency. ( with all of the major telephone numbers ABD, Dreams, etc ) but we didn't count on the earthquake news getting to them so quickly. In the past, John had told them about " the boards" and our daughters figured out how to get on and they were reading along with your posts so they knew that we were all safe and alright...

So THANK YOU for posting along the way. When we returned home, the girls were talking about all of the places that we had been .. and I was like ..:confused3 What ! How do you know this !! and they said ..... Don't you read the boards !:rotfl:
However, I don't think our son even realized that we left :scared1:

Thank you again
:banana::banana::banana: Yeah Jack :banana::banana::banana:
AND :love::love::love: To the Dreams Unlimited Travel group for developing the Dis Boards, my family was able to have a media stream in which to follow along and were relieved that we were all OK. :love::love::love:

That was my favorite, too. I'd like to have a half dozen or so delivered right now...

There was this yellow breakfast cake (which is something I'm hoping catches on here) that was incredible.

I'd like one of those sent with Heather and Lauren's fish cakes, please.:thumbsup2

I'm loving looking at your photos, Jack! Thanks for posting them. Had no problem logging in and doing the survey. However, can't log into DVC.com so :confused3

John and I were in the "back" of the stable and your room was downright charming compared to ours.

You had an easy chair (ok....a very small easy chair).

John and I were in the "back" of the stable and your room was downright charming compared to ours.

You had an easy chair (ok....a very small easy chair).

I admit our room wasn't bad looking but I sat in that chair once (and only once) and it was one of the most uncomfortable pieces of furniture I have ever experienced (and that includes airline economy seats). There was nothing "easy" about it. ;)

Our route (I think)
c91e336a.jpg

[/IMG]

don't cha hate it when you look at the map and there's a straight road into the back of the place and you didn't take it???

That's like the time we hiked up the hardest trail with the girl scouts up Bear Mountain only to find out there was a road to the top... :rolleyes1

don't cha hate it when you look at the map and there's a straight road into the back of the place and you didn't take it???

That's like the time we hiked up the hardest trail with the girl scouts up Bear Mountain only to find out there was a road to the top... :rolleyes1

I think we tried to take the "straight road" but our bus would not fit under a railroad bridge on that route.

The hotel claims that it is 20 minutes into Florence. I am not amused.

I should correct one thing. I described our accommodations as "stables." The hotel says it was "built originally to house the serfs and pages who worked for the Villa." http://www.artimino.com/index.php/artimino_eng/hotel/hotel

I think we tried to take the "straight road" but our bus would not fit under a railroad bridge on that route.

The hotel claims that it is 20 minutes into Florence. I am not amused.

I should correct one thing. I described our accommodations as "stables." The hotel says it was "built originally to house the serfs and pages who worked for the Villa." http://www.artimino.com/index.php/artimino_eng/hotel/hotel

Well, isn't that all a bit misleading.

I would be excited to stay at the place in your first link.

That looked great.

And they made the "serf's quarters" look charming as well. I can almost hear the swallows.

That being said...did anyone else start the symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder just looking at those pictures?:laughing:

You would think they could get vans or something for you to travel in to get there.

I love your pictures, Heather! And I just have to say that if I ever have to be stuck in a Tuscan prison, I would hope it would be with all of you!!!

Laurie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter