The eternal search for the right park bag...

Our last two trips we went bagless and it was so freeing. We did August, so no need for sweaters, and always did midday breaks so we didn't really HAVE to have anything since we were going back to the room in 4 hours anyway.

Next trip is November. I think we will probably want to pack a sweater. I want to take our portable charger for our cell phones. I think I'm going to need a bag. I'm liking the Thirty One bag link someone sent. DS got DD a Mickey bookbag on his last trip. I was thinking we could just use that but I'm going to make her carry her own bag so I'll need my own.
I need a sweater no matter the weather... it's always too cold inside buildings for me....

I prefer to go bagless, but could never find shorts my phone fit into. My husband and sons can all wear cargo shorts and they are good. But women's shorts never have good pockets for rides that a phone won't fall out of.

Well I just found some great shorts at Costco. They are $9.99. They are the O2Cool brand, so they will dry quickly when wet. They are regular length for me-not booty shorts and also not down to my knees. They have real size side pockets, ok size back pockets, but they have a hidden zipper pocket on the front of the left leg that is big enough to zip my IPhone 6+ into!!! Other than that I need chapstick and a little cash and I am good. I bought 8 pairs! I think I may put a little snap or something of the sort on the side pockets for added security.

I agree with all the Vera Bradley fans. The Mini Hipster in black is my choice. After all, you want to look good, too. I think the wristlet is too small. I also use a clip-on water bottle.

I’m using an old Baggallini messenger recommended here years and years ago as a purse, and a JuJuBe BRB backpack for my kids’ stuff.
If you don’t have young kids and no need to lug around diapers, clothing, food etc etc I highly recommend the Baggallini MES160.

Attachments

• 63603781-E2F0-4C17-AC7D-50DC553A0DD5.jpeg
    63603781-E2F0-4C17-AC7D-50DC553A0DD5.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 2F4D92D8-A3DA-40FF-A203-21EB60785EB4.jpeg
    2F4D92D8-A3DA-40FF-A203-21EB60785EB4.jpeg
    40.4 KB · Views: 9
I'm looking for the perfect bag but everything I look at seems to fall just short of what I need.

Requirements
  • Cross Body (like to be able to access on the go so don't want a backpack or slingback)
  • Not fabric - I don't want to have to wring it out if we are caught in a rainstorm
  • Small, but large enough to fit a Kindle (paperwhite), phone, disposable poncho, sunblock, portable charger/cord, etc.
  • Has either a side spot for a water bottle, or a way for me to attach one w/ a carabiner
  • Bonus if it has a built in front section to hold a few cards (credit, health insurance, etc) so I can leave the wallet at home
  • Interesting color, maybe a jewel tone or something bright. Don't want black, brown, tan, etc.
I feel like I'm searching for a unicorn.

baggallini-messenger-bag-mes160.jpg

My fave! Ripstop nylon, water bottle pocket on side, phone pocket on side, front pocket with space for credit card keys etc. Even has some hidden pockets in the strap to stash some cash. Roomy inside. It comes in bright colors, I have a hot pink one and my moms is turquoise. Believe the brighter colors have been discontinued. I had to get my pink one on eBay.

My fave! Ripstop nylon, water bottle pocket on side, phone pocket on side, front pocket with space for credit card keys etc. Even has some hidden pockets in the strap to stash some cash. Roomy inside. It comes in bright colors, I have a hot pink one and my moms is turquoise. Believe the brighter colors have been discontinued. I had to get my pink one on eBay.

Can yo share the name of this? or a location where to buy it? It looks perfect for the parks!

I think I'm going to get the Vera Bradley mini hipster for days I just need my portable charger. I will get the Thirty One bag or the Baggalini for days I need a sweater. The mini hipster is also good for the airport when all I really need are my ID, passport, credit cards, etc. I usually bring my entire purse which is a PIA. On days I don't need anything I will just wear my lanyard which I prefer. We also travel to other places and I think these bags are perfect travel bags, not just for Disney!

Last edited:
Can yo share the name of this? or a location where to buy it? It looks perfect for the parks!

It is my FAVORITE bag for the parks and any vacations!
It can be pretty hard to find in the style pictured; they usually come in basic colors now and it looks like those can be hard to find. I would shop on Amazon for it if you're ok with a basic color. If looking for something brighter, you'll have to go to eBay. I literally had to stalk for a year to find the hot pink one that I have!

If you Google "Baggallini MES160" a few options will come up. That's also the best term to put into eBay if looking to buy an bright one there :)

Maybe this is an odd question, but do you actually put your credit cards into the slots? I never had, worried that it would be easy for someone to stick their hand in there. Maybe I'm just parandoid.

Maybe this is an odd question, but do you actually put your credit cards into the slots? I never had, worried that it would be easy for someone to stick their hand in there. Maybe I'm just parandoid.

Yes! Never had an issue. When walking, I'll slide it over to be in front of me more than on my back if I have anything important in there, just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter