The eternal search for the right park bag...

Kavu sling bag. Much better than a string bag. Holds a lot. Washable. Sturdy.

Kavu Rope Sling Bag...AMAZING! I have had mine since 2015 and it still works perfectly every time I go.

I second these. I have a Meru sling bag, which is very similar to the Kavu sling bag, but I paid about half the price of the Kavu for my Meru. I use it all the time, and I love it. It holds plenty and I can swing it around in front of me without having to take it off. Much easier to access than a backpack and is comfortable to carry all day.

I also have a Running Buddy pouch that I really like for parks. It holds cards, cash, and phone without having to worry about pockets. If your t-shirt is long, it won't even show. I also got their RFID blocking sleeves to put cards in.

Last edited:
I love the looks of the crossbody bags but have a neck and shoulder injury. No matter how light weight, I can't stand wearing them (or backpacks) for more than a few minutes. I may look like a complete dork but I wear a black or Disney fanny pack. It holds a water bottle and my necessities comfortably and I can easily reach everything. I also don't have to worry about moving it or forgetting it on a ride.

So, can this bag be stuffed into my husband's cargo pockets while entering the parks so bag check can be skipped? Also, would it hold an iphone 6+ and a small point and shoot camera? I would carry those to enter and then pull out a little bag from my husband's pocket for in the park.

I think the one I have used to be called the "wristlet". I carry it on the long thin strap.

vera.jpg

Hahaha subbing because even though I always end up using the same bag, I am constantly researching g new ones. :-) I use a very old Ameribag healthy back bag in size medium (I think). Mine is a parachute like material that washes easy and is somewhat water resistant. We still use a stroller so the storage basket holds the cooler with water. I like the suggestions off Amazon above, same sling style but smaller and cheaper.The Ameribags are much fancier now then I would want to sweat all over in WDW. :rolleyes1
I just got one of these in a thrift shop,I was thinking of bringing it for the comfort factor..... is it too big though? It's very roomy, but the strap thingy is much nicer than on my Bagallini sling bag I've been using- I can't decide if I want minimal (like a waistpack) ir huge and comfortable (like the ameribag!)

So, can this bag be stuffed into my husband's cargo pockets while entering the parks so bag check can be skipped? Also, would it hold an iphone 6+ and a small point and shoot camera? I would carry those to enter and then pull out a little bag from my husband's pocket for in the park.
it will hold an iPhone 6 Plus in the outer pocket. I have a 7 Plus and it was tight but loosened up to be a nice fit. It might also hold a small camera. If you don’t have a lot of cards in it. The best bet is to try it in person. Vera Bradley can be found all over.

Unfortunately it probably can’t be stuffed. It’s the size of your phone and then about 3-4 inches wide. Even if it did he would probably be pulled aside for additional screening at the metal detectors because they try to funnel the entire non bag line that way.

Bag check is less a PITB these days and this bag is very easy to unzip and hold open. No additional poking around.

I just got one of these in a thrift shop,I was thinking of bringing it for the comfort factor..... is it too big though? It's very roomy, but the strap thingy is much nicer than on my Bagallini sling bag I've been using- I can't decide if I want minimal (like a waistpack) ir huge and comfortable (like the ameribag!)

I like that is has enough room I can toss extra things in if I need them but empty it is super light and kind of collapses on itself so I isn't bulky like a back pack that would have back padding. I always like to try things out at home a few times before a trip. Maybe taking it grocery shopping for you purse and see how it works? I have a bagallini but like the wider softer strap on the Ameribag for all day use.
That is an awesome thrift store score!!!!

I like that is has enough room I can toss extra things in if I need them but empty it is super light and kind of collapses on itself so I isn't bulky like a back pack that would have back padding. I always like to try things out at home a few times before a trip. Maybe taking it grocery shopping for you purse and see how it works? I have a bagallini but like the wider softer strap on the Ameribag for all day use.
That is an awesome thrift store score!!!!
I know, it was 2.99! good way to try it out!

I think the one I have used to be called the "wristlet". I carry it on the long thin strap.

vera.jpg
That was the same one I used to carry, until I got a new phone and it didn't fit in the front pocket anymore. :(

That was the same one I used to carry, until I got a new phone and it didn't fit in the front pocket anymore. :(
My 7 Plus was VERY tight to begin with but the fabric eventually stretched out.

Reactions: Iya
My Vera Bradley mini hipster has seen me through over 30 trips to DL and WDW, although these days I find myself going bagless more and more. It won't hold a water bottle but I just clip one to the side with a carabiner or carabiner water bottle holder if I am just grabbing a Desani bottle and not my reusable bottle.

For me a small cross body... I use one daily... I have a shoulder and neck injury so less is the way to go...DH puts the water bottle in his cargo shorts pocket, and we share.
Downsizing to a smaller bag is the way to go... Glasses, Phone, small ID wallet for DL and CC, folding brush, keys, super small zippered( 3 x2) pouch to hold a couple of Band-Aids, and my small pill container, alcohol wipes, some hard candy, chap stick.

I am taller 5'9", and like a long strap on my bag... so one the you can adjust the length of the strap is important.. with a shoulder protector...

For me a small cross body... I use one daily... I have a shoulder and neck injury so less is the way to go...DH puts the water bottle in his cargo shorts pocket, and we share.
Downsizing to a smaller bag is the way to go... Glasses, Phone, small ID wallet for DL and CC, folding brush, keys, super small zippered( 3 x2) pouch to hold a couple of Band-Aids, and my small pill container, alcohol wipes, some hard candy, chap stick.

I am taller 5'9", and like a long strap on my bag... so one the you can adjust the length of the strap is important.. with a shoulder protector...
Can you tell me where you got a pouch that small? I can’t find anything under 6”.

I'm always looking at these larger cross body bags, but I always end up sticking with my plain old backpack. We take a 40 oz stainless water bottle and snacks, so it is just easier to fit in a backpack. If not for those things, I could easily take a small cross body.

Besides, if I carry a regular backpack DH is willing to split the carry time with me. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter