The "get VMK back" strategy

Ravensdark99

Mouseketeer
Heyho,

well in a nutshell, there are signed petitions, there are couple of 1000s kids and adults still angry that VMK is closed, but what I personally miss is a decent strategy to get it back up.

Sure, petitions are nice, 1 day demonstrations in front of Disneyland are nice, but personally I believe, that if we want to get VMK back up online we need a very good and clever masterplan.

If we look at the thing from an objective point of view: We are facing a Multi-Billion-Dollar global player here. And they don´t do a thing without a lot of clever(or not so clever) people thinking bout it from a buisiness point of view.

So to get results with them we need to equal it out a bit.

So what this thread here intends to do is to collect a bunch of good ideas (and we have a lot of clever ppl here in this community) to form a final strategy.

So fire away folks and show the world what you got...

lol, A masterplan to get VMK back.. Sounds good but I think it's virtually impossible to get Disney to care about anything other then money.

The plan is a good idea but how will it work out will disney open it again or just keep it closed:confused:

Well... im not sure exactly how that would work. It would be awesome if we had a huge mass of vmk players go to Disneyland or whatever for a whole week, just chanting "We want vmk!" or whatever, but I just dont see how that would be possible. It would cost alot of money to get things like that put together, and the other thing that people have been doing is just not spending any money whatsoever on Disney things. Even if every vmk player did that... it still wouldn't help that much considering how much money Disney makes and all. Reminds me of how funny it is of Universal Studios competing with Disney. Well... we'll have to think of something though. They have to open it back up.

Well... im not sure exactly how that would work. It would be awesome if we had a huge mass of vmk players go to Disneyland or whatever for a whole week, just chanting "We want vmk!" or whatever, but I just dont see how that would be possible. It would cost alot of money to get things like that put together, and the other thing that people have been doing is just not spending any money whatsoever on Disney things. Even if every vmk player did that... it still wouldn't help that much considering how much money Disney makes and all. Reminds me of how funny it is of Universal Studios competing with Disney. Well... we'll have to think of something though. They have to open it back up.

We had a protest outside Disneyland, lol. And in today's economic crisis every dollar counts, every vmk player stops spending on Disney merchandise, Disney will feel it.

Heh I agree with you guys. I was thinking about the crises too, and I will try my hardest not to spend any money on Disney stuff. That feels weird to say... but they deserve it for taking vmk away. How are they going to know (if we get enough people to stop spending money that is) that it was the vmk players? That would be pretty cool if we made a website about this, I bet alot of people still google vmk and all.

I think making some sort of website would probably be the only way to get people to get in on it and to show some proof of this happening to the disney company; and where they can possibly associate the money loss with. We would have to get alot of distraught former vmk players to get in on it though for it to make any sort of difference for them.

I actually tested how fast it came out when you typed each letter of vmk on yahoo. Considering that it has weird letters... it does not work so well. Does anyone know of a website where you can see how many people search vmk or get on the website or something?

not me. this is really ironic, but i suggest searcing it on google:upsidedow

I wish we would have come up with some real great plans while vmk was still open. I know for me I probably should have and could have done more. Now i guess i just have to live without vmk (at least for the time being).

As with most great or good things, unfortunately you don´t realize how great they are while you can enjoy them.

Mostly you figure it out when something´s gone.

But nevertheless its always worth fighting for something really great.

Dream Believe Dare Do

I believe some guy named Walt Disney said that ;)

i agree with Ravensdark99. it's worth fighting for something if you really want it back.

Thanks, tink! yours is cool too:cool1:

I believe it is time to fight back, I dont think we have really done anything recently. Or at all... we need to figure out how to get vmk players to come to a certain website or something. Gosh, I wish the Disney Online Games thought "what would Walt do?" before they made their decisions.

What would Walt do?
Oh yeah, he would make VMK bigger, better, and a happier place to be:mad:

Yeah. Its weird how he was pretty poor all his life... money wise, and now his "business" is the greatest one in the world. And yet they still dont have vmk for us :(

I have no good ideas. D:
The only thing I came up with was a boycott of some sort, like, don't but disney stuff until we get VMK back. :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter