The Godfather's Live Trip Report, photopass added post #442

Thank you sooo much for your live TR.

May I ask you something? How would you rate the new Star Tours as a non Star Wars Fan? We like Star Wars and 10 years ago I also thought that Star Tours 1 was a great attraction. We are thinking of heading to Star Tours right after rope drop. :woohoo:
Today I eventually rode the Harry Potter ride at Universal(couldn't do it last year but they have now added larger seats) with Virtual rides like this I will probably never do Star Tours again.

hi Wayne!!! how fun to meet you, Karen and Matt the other day!!!!

by the way, the tall guy is my husband, the tall blonde is my daughter and the short dark guy is my son-in-law.....
and the tall guy with the beard is my son, and the very very very very short girl is my daughter in law...

and of course, me, the nutty person running around looking for my family at toy story mania - acting appropriately manic! :eek:

i hope you're having a grand time on your cruise!!!

Hi Wayne, glad I met you in the ABC commisary, but so sorry we already had commiments for the Dis meet, on a downer at the mo as was straghit back to work on nights the day we landed back, jut looking through our photo`s on the PC, glad your all having a great time still with your family and god daughter, now the planning begins again for us but will be at least 2013 for our next visit unfortunately. enjoy the rest of your stay.

Great to meet both of you, shame it was only briefly.:goodvibes

A few pics from day we boarded the cruise.
On the way to Port Canaveral
P1080577Medium.jpg

Inside the Port terminal waiting to board.
P1080597Medium.jpg

P1080611Medium.jpg

All aboard!!
P1080634Medium.jpg

Straight for lunch at Cabanas, way better than the buffet on the old ships.
P1080661Medium.jpg

After lunch a walk around the ship.
Kids water area.
P1080676Medium.jpg

Kids slide.
P1080680Medium.jpg

Pool area with Aquaduck going around.
P1080679Medium.jpg

Aquaduck
P1080691Medium.jpg

Dizzy.
P1080693Medium.jpg

1:30pm we were allowed into our cabins.
P1080712Medium.jpg

Enjoying every word and picture of your live trip,DH started reading it all last night and was hooked:yay:

Spoilt for choice.Between yours and Matts blog I have a good insight into DDream now. Was suprised there was no where for you guys to have a quiet beer on an evening:confused3 Like you we like to have a night cap and a bit of peace before bed but at least we know not to go hunting for somewhere. A warm fleece and a baileys on deck I think:rotfl:
Cant believe your time has gone so quick. PLanning for next trip I presume now:thumbsup2

After finding our cabin we went to the DISmeet at 2:30pm, I started the meet thread about 18 months ago when we booked the cruise. 4pm lifeboat drill, 5pm sailaway party, rushed back to the cabin so we could all shower for eve meal at 5:45pm. 1st evening was in Animators Palate.

Dizzy getting ready for sailaway party.
P1080758Medium.jpg

Plates
P1080805Medium.jpg

Chairs
P1080815Medium.jpg

All around are screens Crush comes to each area to talk to diners, just like at Epcot but a lot smaller audience.
P1080827Medium.jpg

The food. If anyone wants to know what anything is I will find out.
P1080807Medium.jpg

P1080808Medium.jpg

P1080810Medium.jpg

P1080811Medium.jpg

P1080812Medium.jpg

P1080816Medium.jpg

P1080817Medium.jpg

P1080818Medium.jpg

P1080819Medium.jpg

Dizzy trying a cocktail.
P1080822Medium.jpg

Show that evening was the Golden Mickey's
IMG_4048Medium.jpg

The food looks amazing - definitely makes me want to go next year:thumbsup2

I watched the ship go off last week, but you werent waving:rotfl2:

looking forward to hearing more about the DISmeet :)

Sounds like you are all having a great cruise. Matt has been giving a good account of the differences of the new cruise ship :goodvibes

The food looks wonderful - that beef dish looked a bit like a roast dinner minus the yorkshire pud ;)
I'm really looking forward to our first cruise next year - can't wait to step aboard the Dream!
I did notice one thing though - I do hope Dizzy's drink was a mocktail!:rotfl2:

Great pics and updates Wayne.
Dizzy certainly looks like he is enjoying himself - but who wouldn't :thumbsup2

Will have to do the last few days when I get home now, sat at MCO waiting for 7pm flight. Don't usually arrive so early but car had to be back for 4:30pm.

Have a safe flight - looking forward to reading about your last few days.

Welcome back. Hope you had a good flight.

Thanks for keeping us posted with your adventures!

Welome home. Thank you for a fabulous trip report and for sharing your holiday with us all. As ever it was lovely to follow and very informative and helpful.
Jane.

Welcome home! :goodvibes Hope that you had a safe flight and are not suffering too badly from jet lag! Can't wait to hear all about your last few days! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter