• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The Godfather's Live Trip Report, photopass added post #442

I priced up Disney for 2012 back in May 2010 and even then they were crazy prices. That's why we decided to book with RCL instead as 1) we got a good deal and 2) we got 7 days for less than what Disney were wanting to charge for 4.

It's a shame because otherwise I feel Brits won't get to sample the DCL as we just won't be able to justify spending that kind of money when it costs us a small fortune just to get over to the States in the first place :scared1:

Read post #658 I posted last night http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2327473&page=44
I compared DCL to RCCL for next year, as you say we could do 7 nights RCCL for price of DCL 4 nights.

Yikes Wayne that is scary reading :eek: I love DCL but as you say I like you can't justify those kind of price increases.

We had the same problem with wanting a drink, we ended up on the top deck (deck 13?), there is an outside bar where we could sit but it wasn't ideal. We tried D Lounge but it was Karoke, and the bar in the atrium was closed but they sent us up on deck. I think it was called Currents

Hi,
Just wanted to add that I have loved reading your report! Everything sounded amazing. As a newbie here planning my first trip to OKW next october I have loved every installment. I never knew how addictive it could be reading about other peoples holidays! (especially food pictures!) Glad you had a great time and thanks!
Rach x

On the way thru immigration we managed to get a free Wifi connection, anyone would think we had no connection for a month. :lmao:
P1080947Medium.jpg

I love this picture. It really looks as if you did not had Internet for more than a month. But I would be the same. I think this is just our time; as soon as you have free internet you get out all your devices and connect. (even so if the last online session is only a view minutes ago) :rotfl2:

We had the same problem with wanting a drink, we ended up on the top deck (deck 13?), there is an outside bar where we could sit but it wasn't ideal. We tried D Lounge but it was Karoke, and the bar in the atrium was closed but they sent us up on deck. I think it was called Currents
They must be losing money IMO not providing a nice bar, our drinks bill was next to nothing this cruise, I just used the free diet coke and added my own vodka, last time in the Promanade lounge we would relax there a few hours drinking 9 or 12 drinks a night (between 3 of us)
Hi,
Just wanted to add that I have loved reading your report! Everything sounded amazing. As a newbie here planning my first trip to OKW next october I have loved every installment. I never knew how addictive it could be reading about other peoples holidays! (especially food pictures!) Glad you had a great time and thanks!
Rach x
Thank you, exactly why I take time to do these live trip threads.:goodvibes

and me Wayne!!!

We don't even have a countdown for next year yet (though I'm hoping to get one soon ;) ) and reading your trip report has brought back all the happy memories from our first trip onsite in 2009 at POFQ.

Can't wait to get planning :cool1:

Welcome Home! I can't believe how quick your 3 weeks went :scared1:

Love the picture of you all at the port checking online with the free wifi - have made a note for our cruise next June :thumbsup2

Did your tickets work as expected on the last day? I assume yes as Matt has posted about you visit MK on you last day but just want to double check before I spend the money on Chloe's ticket :goodvibes

Did your tickets work as expected on the last day? I assume yes as Matt has posted about you visit MK on you last day but just want to double check before I spend the money on Chloe's ticket :goodvibes

No problem with the tickets, we activated them in MK on our 1st full day, 6th August and used them in MK on our last full day 27th August. 22 days use out of a 21 day ticket.:thumbsup2

No problem with the tickets, we activated them in MK on our 1st full day, 6th August and used them in MK on our last full day 27th August. 22 days use out of a 21 day ticket.:thumbsup2

That is very helpful as we are going next year with a 14 day ticket for 16 nights - so should be ok for 15 days with it.

That is very helpful as we are going next year with a 14 day ticket for 16 nights - so should be ok for 15 days with it.

Yes, our relatives had 14 day tickets, activated 6th August same as us, Matt asked in guest relations for the last day they could be used and they told him 20th August, didn't verify that as they went home on the 19th but I can confirm the 21 day tickets can be used 22 days and the annual pass lasts 1 year and 1 day.

Yes, our relatives had 14 day tickets, activated 6th August same as us, Matt asked in guest relations for the last day they could be used and they told him 20th August, didn't verify that as they went home on the 19th but I can confirm the 21 day tickets can be used 22 days and the annual pass lasts 1 year and 1 day.

Thank you for help you just save me £30! :worship:

Quite a few pics from Castaway Cay so splitting into 2 posts.

We were among the first off the ship to get a spot near the snorkeling area. Dizzy was the 1st to get a seat.

IMG_4148Medium.jpg

IMG_4149Medium.jpg

IMG_4159Medium.jpg

Got Dizzy and Karen settled then myself and Matt went snorkeling, out there 2 hours.
100_0296Medium.jpg

100_0406Medium.jpg

100_0324Medium.jpg

100_0424Medium.jpg

100_0340Medium.jpg

After a quick shower and change we left Karen to go on a bit of a trek, approx 1 mile walk to the other side of Serenity Bay to find a Geocache thats hidden there.
P1090200Medium.jpg

Took plenty of pics along the way as we had never been beyond the family beach before.
P1090230Medium.jpg

P1090159Medium.jpg

P1090165Medium.jpg

More to follow:goodvibes

P1090253Medium.jpg

P1090242Medium.jpg

P1090222Medium.jpg

P1090218Medium.jpg

P1090217Medium.jpg

Serenity Bay, Adult beach.
P1090191Medium.jpg

P1090184Medium.jpg

Castaway Cay runway.
P1090168Medium.jpg

P1090172Medium.jpg

After lunch at Cookies BBQ we went back to the ship to watch Cars 2 3D, should have been Parasailing but it was cancelled.
A few more pics on way back to the ship.
P1090152Medium.jpg

P1090151Medium.jpg

IMG_4165Medium.jpg

IMG_4172Medium.jpg

Evening meal was in Royal Palace, Pirate menu for Pirate night.

IMG_4206Medium.jpg

P1090322Medium.jpg

IMG_4179Medium.jpg

P1090330Medium.jpg

P1090331Medium.jpg

P1090332Medium.jpg

P1090333Medium.jpg

P1090334Medium.jpg

P1090335Medium.jpg

P1090336Medium.jpg

P1090342Medium.jpg

P1090343Medium.jpg

A couple of pics from inside the restaurant, they are all very well themed.
P1090358Medium.jpg

P1090359Medium.jpg

Karen bought Remy
IMG_4201Medium.jpg

FE gifts we gave out to everyone, bag, pen, bookmark, 2x England shirt erasers & large magnet and a Yorkshire pudding recipe.
P1090291Medium.jpg

Love Dizzy's bandana :goodvibes
And a great idea handing out Yorkshire Pudding recipes. Maybe you should stick it on the Pudding Club thread for those of us that have room for a little improvement :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter