~*~*~*~*The Official DECEMBER 2015 Thread*~*~*~*~

Just did a daily countdown on my phone... only 481 days to go! :lmao: Thank God I have a trip coming up in 41 days... But after that, I'm going to be buckling down for the long haul.

This is the first time I've planned my next trip before actually going on the current one, so I'm really hoping that doing so will help me combat that dreadful "Post-WDW Depression" that usually follows returning back to the real world. After months of dreaming, planning, focusing, obsessing... the trip is over, I'm back home, and... now what? You know?

Does anybody else go through this phase?

Just did a daily countdown on my phone... only 481 days to go! :lmao: Thank God I have a trip coming up in 41 days... But after that, I'm going to be buckling down for the long haul. This is the first time I've planned my next trip before actually going on the current one, so I'm really hoping that doing so will help me combat that dreadful "Post-WDW Depression" that usually follows returning back to the real world. After months of dreaming, planning, focusing, obsessing... the trip is over, I'm back home, and... now what? You know? Does anybody else go through this phase?

Yes that is how we started planning this trip lol. We went in June and were so sad to leave so we started planning on our way home. We couldn't do the bounce back because could not swing Christmas this year so decided for next

Just did a daily countdown on my phone... only 481 days to go! :lmao: Thank God I have a trip coming up in 41 days... But after that, I'm going to be buckling down for the long haul. This is the first time I've planned my next trip before actually going on the current one, so I'm really hoping that doing so will help me combat that dreadful "Post-WDW Depression" that usually follows returning back to the real world. After months of dreaming, planning, focusing, obsessing... the trip is over, I'm back home, and... now what? You know? Does anybody else go through this phase?

485 for us. I just keep telling myself that time will fly, it'll be here before i know it. I was shocked when August came around - the year is half gone already! Start the "Christmas is coming" panic!

475 days for me. According to my phone .. It actually says 1 year 110 day lol and the next countdown listed is for my ADR! Planning our second trip (well my 4th, sons 2nd, husbands 1st).. Didn't think we'd be back, son and I did our once in a lifetime trip back in January as his Xmas present.. It's nice to be planning another one

Shifted my dates forward by one day! See, this upcoming trip in September, I am driving down (5 hours for me), checking in, then hitting MNSSHP at 4pm. It works out kind of perfect, it's a great thing to do on my travel day without burning a day of my Park Hopper, and is going to be a really awesome way to kick off my trip! :woohoo:

I was thinking that I'd like to do something similar for next December's trip, but with MVMCP! I know that historically the parties are on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. Before I was planning on driving down on Saturday, Dec. 5th. So I thought perhaps I'd either move it forward or back one day, so that I'm driving down on a party night. Which direction to move it was a no-brainer! :thumbsup2 So now there's one less day to wait! :yay:

297 days until ADRs!
477 days until WDW!

:dance3:

Debating between June and December 2015! So excited but just don't know what to choose!!

Loftin716 said:
Debating between June and December 2015! So excited but just don't know what to choose!!
Early December! Better weather, lower crowds, less expensive! ;)

Yet another horrid day at work. Why can't next December be here yet? LOL. 476 days. 476 days. 476 days. They will fly by, I know. I just have to go one day at a time.

In the meantime, I've started my "disney box," to store the little things I'm already picking up for the trip. Glow sticks, pre-1982 pennies, M&M minis tubes, pins, lanyards.... Do any of y'all do anything similar? What other types of things should I be keeping an eye out for? I'll eventually need a bigger box, I'm sure.

Yet another horrid day at work. Why can't next December be here yet? LOL. 476 days. 476 days. 476 days. They will fly by, I know. I just have to go one day at a time.

In the meantime, I've started my "disney box," to store the little things I'm already picking up for the trip. Glow sticks, pre-1982 pennies, M&M minis tubes, pins, lanyards.... Do any of y'all do anything similar? What other types of things should I be keeping an eye out for? I'll eventually need a bigger box, I'm sure.
Aww, I totally relate to the work thing! I can't tell you how many times during my workday when something goes wrong that I take a deep breath and repeat to myself the number of days until my next trip! :goodvibes

I've been a bit lazy on the packing so far. I think this weekend I'll sit down and start the massive list-making, and make sure to save it to reuse next year for my December trip! :thumbsup2

We are planning a big extended family vacation for next Christmas, my families dates will be Dec 23rd -Jan 2nd the other families will not arrive until the 27th. We have not yet decided which resort we want to stay at but are currently leaning toward CBR or POFQ I won't book until after our Disneyland trip in November.

Hoosiermom2j&b said:
We are planning a big extended family vacation for next Christmas, my families dates will be Dec 23rd -Jan 2nd the other families will not arrive until the 27th. We have not yet decided which resort we want to stay at but are currently leaning toward CBR or POFQ I won't book until after our Disneyland trip in November.
Hello, and welcome to the thread! :)

Sorry for being so quiet! Just got back last night from 12 days in Italy, been supper busy. Gonna start my heavier disney planning now that the other trip is done.. Looks like it's just gonna be my son and I again this time :( oh well! Still looking at dec 1-13th!!

Hi! I'm just now joining the dis-discussion boards!

We are currently booked December 12-19th at the Contemporary. It'll be our first time staying there, and our second time to stay during Christmas. (We have 4 first timers in our group)

So excited!!! Now just waiting for free dining

Sorry for being so quiet! Just got back last night from 12 days in Italy, been supper busy. Gonna start my heavier disney planning now that the other trip is done.. Looks like it's just gonna be my son and I again this time :( oh well! Still looking at dec 1-13th!!
Oh WOW, that sounds amazing! I hope you have a WONDERFUL trip!! :goodvibes

Hi! I'm just now joining the dis-discussion boards!

We are currently booked December 12-19th at the Contemporary. It'll be our first time staying there, and our second time to stay during Christmas. (We have 4 first timers in our group)

So excited!!! Now just waiting for free dining
Welcome to the Dis and the to the thread! I hope you'll enjoy your time time here. These boards and filled with SO many wonderful people and so much good information! :grouphug:

Oh WOW, that sounds amazing! I hope you have a WONDERFUL trip :

It was amazing, we flew into Rome and took a train to Venice and spent a few days there while doing a day trip to Verona. We went to a villa in the Tuscan countryside for a week for a cousins wedding and spent time in Rome, and Florence. I would highly recommend visiting!! But now that that trip is done, it's time to focus on disney again.

I'm thinking since it's just me and the kid this time, no bf or potential baby, that I might be able to swing something different. I was looking at POR and it was gonna cost about 4100 from the 1-13th with 10 day tickets and memory maker. So I looked at prices for pop century from 1-9 and animal kingdom savannah view 9-13th and it works out cheaper (not by much, but even by 1$ it still counts as cheaper in my book).. So I may look at booking that. Not booking anything until November to begin with so I have some time to play around with stuff! So well see!!

Whoo hoo we are booked. Now I am trying to decide if want to stay at royal room or move over to akl. If they offer free dining we can afford AKL but if not then I need to stay where we are at. Decisions decisions! Lol

Whoo hoo we are booked. Now I am trying to decide if want to stay at royal room or move over to akl. If they offer free dining we can afford AKL but if not then I need to stay where we are at. Decisions decisions! Lol
Congrats! And jealous, those Royal Rooms are super gorgeous!! :goodvibes

For the first time, we will be visiting during Christmas! We are booked to be at the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds from December 23rd until the 29th. I already know that we will be trying to do the Hoop De Doo, 'Ohana and Beaches and Cream if we can get ADRs, and I'm hoping that the Free Dining will be offered for some time in December because we want to add a few days before the 23rd by staying at AoA or Port Orleans! Soooooo excited. Never been there before at Christmas! We will be renting a motor home for staying at the campgrounds. I'm pinching myself! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter