The Official Fall/Fall Advantage 2010 Thread!

So excited!!! Got an e-mail 1 week after my phone interview. Arriving 8/11. Custodial wasn't my first choice but I hear it can be a blast. Can't wait!

I'm so happy right now its insane!!!!!! One week after my interview and my
e-mail just got here, I'm in!!!!!! Fall Advantage!!!! Perfect timing too. I've literally had the worst day of my life and this makes up for it 100%!!!! I'm in merchandise. Congrats to everyone else who's made it also!

Congratulations yall!!!! :goodvibes

So excited!!! Got an e-mail 1 week after my phone interview. Arriving 8/11. Custodial wasn't my first choice but I hear it can be a blast. Can't wait!

e-mail just got here, I'm in!!!!!! Fall Advantage!!!! Perfect timing too. I've literally had the worst day of my life and this makes up for it 100%!!!! I'm in merchandise. Congrats to everyone else who's made it also!

Congratulations guys! (And to anyone else who has gotten in lately who I haven't said anything to!)

And faumann - you can find a way to make anything fun! I bet you will have a blast. I don't know if I've ever seen anyone who was negative about the role.

Congratulations!! I just found out I am doing Merchandise for the fall advantage program too!! What arrival date did you pick?

Hello everyone!

My name is Rose..But my friends call me Epsilon. I am 19 yr old NJ female :3 I believe my work history in Six Flags Great Adventure in rides is what stuck out for them picking me for the Fall 2010 DisneyCareerStart!

I applied for Rides, Merchandise, and foods.
I did my Disney CareerStart phone interview Feb 23, 2010
March 22, 2010...I got my acceptance letter!
Merchandise...I hope I'm somewhere in The Animal Kingdom!
August...you can't come soon enough XD

I would really like to talk to the people who got accepted into the program..would like to make aquaintances and friends now so we can possibly make group hangouts as soon as we get down there!

Message me if you so desire :3 Messenging me would be preffered..it will jsut make it easier and more personal, but if not, I shall stick to the boards :3:love:

~Epsilon

To everyone who is going to the character auditions this week, break a leg!! :cheer2:

I am arriving May 19th. Thought maybe getting there early would give me more time before the HUGE summer rush.

I just got an acceptance e-mail yesterday for Fall 2010! I interviewed a week ago, I was expecting to be on the edge of my seat for weeks! I got my first choice, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess. Anyone else? :earsgirl:

I just got an acceptance e-mail yesterday for Fall 2010! I interviewed a week ago, I was expecting to be on the edge of my seat for weeks! I got my first choice, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess. Anyone else? :earsgirl:

Congratulations! Which BBB are you hoping to work in?

I now have accepted the Fall Advantage for Hospitality. I will be arriving June 7th. This is my second time around so I am hoping this gives me a better chance for a PI in the spring, if I don't get one this season.
I am soo excited to get back into Disney :banana:
Congrats to everyone! :thumbsup2

the more i read about everyone else getting one of their top 3 choices the more disappointed I am... I don't want to be a poor sport but I didn't even PUT QSFB on my checklist! and I didn't have a nice friendly interviewer either :confused3 I don't want to call in and request something different, but what would you guys suggest doing? I really would've been happier if I would've gotten at least ONE of my choices.... :( there are tons of you guys getting into what I chose as my top 3.... so why the random QSFB add by the interviewer?

I dunno what to do... like I said, don't wanna be a pooper but I'd really like to see something else:confused:

the more i read about everyone else getting one of their top 3 choices the more disappointed I am... I don't want to be a poor sport but I didn't even PUT QSFB on my checklist! and I didn't have a nice friendly interviewer either :confused3 I don't want to call in and request something different, but what would you guys suggest doing? I really would've been happier if I would've gotten at least ONE of my choices.... :( there are tons of you guys getting into what I chose as my top 3.... so why the random QSFB add by the interviewer?

I dunno what to do... like I said, don't wanna be a pooper but I'd really like to see something else:confused:

What were your top 3 and what qualifications did you tell your interviewer you had for each?

What were your top 3 and what qualifications did you tell your interviewer you had for each?

attractions
entertainment helper (or whatever its called, i can't remember ATM its not in front of me lol)
and
merchandising

I have experience in memorizing speeches for the place i currently work and htey asked that... I'm used to thousands a day (i work at the monterey bay aquarium) and speaking in front of many large crows.

as far as the costume/entertainment helper/assistant I have done that for 8 years with my ballet school and i've been "Friends" with quite a lot of well known characters like Madeline, Cat in the Hat, Maisy Mouse, etc. and I worked at build A bear and was "friends" with their mascot Bearemy. so i have lots of experience with that... and with kids :p

i dunno, i wish i would've gotten at least ONE of those...
is it something I should call Anette back about and maybe ask her? she said to call back if i had any additional questions

attractions
entertainment helper (or whatever its called, i can't remember ATM its not in front of me lol)
and
merchandising

I have experience in memorizing speeches for the place i currently work and htey asked that... I'm used to thousands a day (i work at the monterey bay aquarium) and speaking in front of many large crows.

as far as the costume/entertainment helper/assistant I have done that for 8 years with my ballet school and i've been "Friends" with quite a lot of well known characters like Madeline, Cat in the Hat, Maisy Mouse, etc. and I worked at build A bear and was "friends" with their mascot Bearemy. so i have lots of experience with that... and with kids :p

i dunno, i wish i would've gotten at least ONE of those...
is it something I should call Anette back about and maybe ask her? she said to call back if i had any additional questions

Did they ask you during the interview if you'd be willing to work QSFB? They did in mine and I said I would if it was the only way I could participate. If I said no, they wouldn't have considered me for that role and only picked from top 3. Luckily they didn't give it to me. They gave me my first choice, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, because I'm a make up artist and worked with kids at Build A Bear also :). Child experience is great anywhere in Disney, but the roles you asked for aren't all about the children. They deal with everyone. They definitely should have considered you for the character attendant role though. If I were you, I'd call my recruiter about it ONLY if you didn't say yes to QSFB during your interview. I hope this helps! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter