*** The Official July 2014 thread, join us won't you? ***

If I haven't posted mine yet, I will soon!

Oh you have to share your CP story!!!!!!!! So we did not go to any Breakfasts on our last vaca (except for QS checkout day). I love RD so I figured CP would allow us RD & breakfast. ~ We tried 50's & sci last time but Sci won w/my boys (they like a good burger & shake once in awhile).
I like the idea of Rainforest on our AK day, seems so convenient... But, we all loved Ohana (except for the annoying entertainment lady). Never been to Narcosees... But my boys LOVE seafood & get a kick out of "fancy" restaurants! Tried Floridian Cafe last trip & we all loved it, such a laid back place to escape MK for a bit. Never been to Teppan Edo, but looks like something we would like. Depending on our hotel I settle on will depend on where we eat the day of checkin...
You did post yours!!!!!!! Because, I read it & saw we have chosen some of the same places :) :)

*** oh and we love Raglan (I see you have it on your list) if we stay @POR that will probably be our checkin dinner.
We went to HDDR last trip & all 3 of my boys loved it!!!! We were the center table & got alot of attention. One of the females (dark hair & yellow dress) sang to my DS9 & one of the cute men sang a funny song about my ds13 being a lazy guy from Boston, it was hysterical!
***dont forget to share your CP story! Also, any idea if there are any discounts in July????? I'm financially planning as if their wont be, but how nice would it be of their is!

*** oh and we love Raglan (I see you have it on your list) if we stay @POR that will probably be our checkin dinner.
We went to HDDR last trip & all 3 of my boys loved it!!!! We were the center table & got alot of attention. One of the females (dark hair & yellow dress) sang to my DS9 & one of the cute men sang a funny song about my ds13 being a lazy guy from Boston, it was hysterical!
***dont forget to share your CP story! Also, any idea if there are any discounts in July????? I'm financially planning as if their wont be, but how nice would it be of their is!

We are also hoping for GP Discounts. There usually discounts every year for July. Can't do B.C. without discounts. :)

We are also hoping for GP Discounts. There usually discounts every year for July. Can't do B.C. without discounts. :)

Did you ever think if renting DVC points? It lets you stay at deluxe resorts at the price of a moderate. For your dates it would be around $2400 at $14/point, the going rate at the major rental brokers. Something to think about.

Did you ever think if renting DVC points? It lets you stay at deluxe resorts at the price of a moderate. For your dates it would be around $2400 at $14/point, the going rate at the major rental brokers. Something to think about.

I have never done this before. Not quite sure how to start the process. :confused3

Ok so my Crystal Palace story goes like this…

We were in the Magic Kingdom when my son was 5/6 yrs old and daughter was not quite 2 yrs old. We decided to have a small breakfast at Main Street Bakery. As we finally get all our things to a table (how bout that, we scored a table) with our stroller and all. We just get seated and organized and my DS looks at the tray and starts screaming (at the top of his lungs) “sausage, I want sausage” Of course everyone in the place starts to stare. We try to calm him down with other favorites but to no avail. He just keeps repeating, “sausage”. ***Side note: my DS has autism and this was one of his biggest meltdowns ever.***

He is not spoiled and doesn’t normally do that but he must have overheard us the night before talking about another breakfast where we would have sausage and thought this was it. When there wasn’t any sausage that he had built himself up for, well, let’s just say, he wasn’t real good at changing his mind on the fly so quickly back then, hence the meltdown.
I, the quick thinking mom who knows MK like the back of my hand, told my hubby that I would run to Crystal Palace and pay for sausage, as I know they have that. I run (and I never run anywhere)there and tell my story to a CM and they take my inside. I see a manager CM and he gets his top waitress to help me. She darts into the back and comes out with a cup with a lid on it. At first I thought they were nuts and I look down at the cup with what I am sure is a crazy look on my face. She says, “it’s all we have and I wanted them to stay warm” 5 sausage links in a cup with a lid to keep them warm. I try to give them money and they say that the only payment they want is “for you and your son to have a great and magical day”. Still brings tears to my eyes. :wizard:

When I got back with the sausage, my son was close to hyperventilating and when I showed him the sausage, he sucked in a deep breath and smiled while saying “sausage?” Let me tell you, he didn’t share it either. We went back later in the day to CP and thanked them profusely! They were so nice and the helpful. When I had told them he was autistic and in a meltdown and was screaming for sausage, they couldn’t do enough for me. This is why we love Disney. They take care of everyone with and without disabilities. The ones that have disabilities, they go out of their way to make it a great vacation for. I love that they don’t worry about whether it is a visible or nonvisible disability either. You couldn’t tell if my son had anything wrong with him, he looked like a spoiled 5 yr old throwing a tantrum (and people told me that at the Bakery :furious:) but I knew differently and Disney took my word for it and made a horrible day that was getting worse into a magical day!!! :love:

That is my CP story.

Hi NJdadof2, :welcome:
If you have a timeframe you are looking at, let me know and I will add the dates on the first post. Until then, I will add you at the beginning without dates and your choices of resorts.

Did you ever do 1900 park fare for dinner with Cinderella and her "family"?? The step sisters are hilarious! They love to flirt with men. We have such good pictures of one of them sidling up to my DH. Funny! Only one on your list we haven't tried is Via Napoli. How is that and what kind of food did you all have?
We have never done 1900 Park Fare or Via Napoli, We love trying new things, and these are next on our list. I passed your recommendation for dinner at 1900 PF and it swayed my wife, she loves the step sisters. :goodvibes

We were in the Magic Kingdom when my son was 5/6 yrs old and daughter was not quite 2 yrs old. We decided to have a small breakfast at Main Street Bakery. As we finally get all our things to a table (how bout that, we scored a table) with our stroller and all. We just get seated and organized and my DS looks at the tray and starts screaming (at the top of his lungs) “sausage, I want sausage” Of course everyone in the place starts to stare. We try to calm him down with other favorites but to no avail. He just keeps repeating, “sausage”. ***Side note: my DS has autism and this was one of his biggest meltdowns ever.***

He is not spoiled and doesn’t normally do that but he must have overheard us the night before talking about another breakfast where we would have sausage and thought this was it. When there wasn’t any sausage that he had built himself up for, well, let’s just say, he wasn’t real good at changing his mind on the fly so quickly back then, hence the meltdown.
I, the quick thinking mom who knows MK like the back of my hand, told my hubby that I would run to Crystal Palace and pay for sausage, as I know they have that. I run (and I never run anywhere)there and tell my story to a CM and they take my inside. I see a manager CM and he gets his top waitress to help me. She darts into the back and comes out with a cup with a lid on it. At first I thought they were nuts and I look down at the cup with what I am sure is a crazy look on my face. She says, “it’s all we have and I wanted them to stay warm” 5 sausage links in a cup with a lid to keep them warm. I try to give them money and they say that the only payment they want is “for you and your son to have a great and magical day”. Still brings tears to my eyes. :wizard:

When I got back with the sausage, my son was close to hyperventilating and when I showed him the sausage, he sucked in a deep breath and smiled while saying “sausage?” Let me tell you, he didn’t share it either. We went back later in the day to CP and thanked them profusely! They were so nice and the helpful. When I had told them he was autistic and in a meltdown and was screaming for sausage, they couldn’t do enough for me. This is why we love Disney. They take care of everyone with and without disabilities. The ones that have disabilities, they go out of their way to make it a great vacation for. I love that they don’t worry about whether it is a visible or nonvisible disability either. You couldn’t tell if my son had anything wrong with him, he looked like a spoiled 5 yr old throwing a tantrum (and people told me that at the Bakery :furious:) but I knew differently and Disney took my word for it and made a horrible day that was getting worse into a magical day!!! :love:

That is my CP story.

That is a great story, and yes, that's why we all love Disney. They take care of everyone. :love:

That is my CP story.

Awww thank you so much for sharing ~ I hope I wasn't intrusive demanding for the story to be told. It made my eyes water (and I'm at work, so everyone is asking if I'm ok) I LOVE disney magic!

I have never done this before. Not quite sure how to start the process. :confused3

David's Vacation Club Rentals is a sponsor of the Dis. Here is a link to their website. http://www.dvcrequest.com/?oid=29_1

There are other companies with good reputations out there as well. In addition, there are individual owners who post points for rent on the DVC section of the disboards. this may save you a dollar or two per point.

There is a lot of information on his site as well as all over the internet. I have known many people who have gone this route, including us. As with anything, there are positives and negatives. :scratchin

Positives include:
Huge savings on your room. Plus, you get a deluxe DVC room which is a little bigger than the standard studio and includes a kitchenette. If you book a 1-bedroom you'll have a full kitchen and a washer/dryer.

If you use DDP, you can book that separately and get your tickets from Undercover Tourist. That will save you a little as well.

Potential Negatives:
They may not have exactly what you want. You are at the mercy of the renter's inventory. They may not have Beach Club points available right away, so you might have to wait, which will give other DVC owners time to take up the available units.

You don't get turn down service everyday. I believe it's once every 4 days, unless you pay for daily service.

I believe the cancellation policy is a bit tricky. You should definitely look at that aspect. This may differ from company to company and from person to person.

It's certainly something to look into while as you wait for next July to roll around. :hourglass

Good Luck and let me know how it goes. :thumbsup2

We have never done 1900 Park Fare or Via Napoli, We love trying new things, and these are next on our list. I passed your recommendation for dinner at 1900 PF and it swayed my wife, she loves the step sisters. :goodvibes

That is a great story, and yes, that's why we all love Disney. They take care of everyone. :love:

We had a great time at dinner with the step sisters and I hope you do to. Dh doesn't have any interest in Via Napoli, some day I guess. Thanks for the kind words about the story. It IS why we love Disney so much. Some people just can't see/won't see that! Their loss!

Awww thank you so much for sharing ~ I hope I wasn't intrusive demanding for the story to be told. It made my eyes water (and I'm at work, so everyone is asking if I'm ok) I LOVE disney magic!

You weren't intrusive at all. I love being reminded of that story because it brings back my Disney love all that much stronger! Makes me affirm why we keep going back. I have 3 other Huge Disney fans at my job so it is nice to be able to talk about it when I need/want to. Hope you have some understanding coworkers as well, makes it better at work, I think!

I hope we get some new members soon. I am so excited about this thread and our visits! Is that weird??? :confused3:confused3:confused3

We had a great time at dinner with the step sisters and I hope you do to. Dh doesn't have any interest in Via Napoli, some day I guess. Thanks for the kind words about the story. It IS why we love Disney so much. Some people just can't see/won't see that! Their loss!

You weren't intrusive at all. I love being reminded of that story because it brings back my Disney love all that much stronger! Makes me affirm why we keep going back. I have 3 other Huge Disney fans at my job so it is nice to be able to talk about it when I need/want to. Hope you have some understanding coworkers as well, makes it better at work, I think!

I hope we get some new members soon. I am so excited about this thread and our visits! Is that weird??? :confused3:confused3:confused3

*** just wait till this thread is rocking with so many people & we won't be able to keep up!!!!! I'm glad you started it. It will be fun to see how big it gets :)

*** just wait till this thread is rocking with so many people & we won't be able to keep up!!!!! I'm glad you started it. It will be fun to see how big it gets :)

While I am not looking forward to all the work involved, I am looking forward to this being a hopping thread!

Thanks, I can do the list of people and locations. Would you like to maybe do any of the links or helpful hints? Would that work for you (this being if we need it)? :confused3

Ooooh boy~ it's my iPhone I use throughout the day & really clueless on how that all works. So I might be worthless??????!!!!!!
I can try to research how its all done... Otherwise here is hoping someone more experienced with this can help.....????

David's Vacation Club Rentals is a sponsor of the Dis. Here is a link to their website. http://www.dvcrequest.com/?oid=29_1

There are other companies with good reputations out there as well. In addition, there are individual owners who post points for rent on the DVC section of the disboards. this may save you a dollar or two per point.

There is a lot of information on his site as well as all over the internet. I have known many people who have gone this route, including us. As with anything, there are positives and negatives. :scratchin

Positives include:
Huge savings on your room. Plus, you get a deluxe DVC room which is a little bigger than the standard studio and includes a kitchenette. If you book a 1-bedroom you'll have a full kitchen and a washer/dryer.

If you use DDP, you can book that separately and get your tickets from Undercover Tourist. That will save you a little as well.

Potential Negatives:
They may not have exactly what you want. You are at the mercy of the renter's inventory. They may not have Beach Club points available right away, so you might have to wait, which will give other DVC owners time to take up the available units.

You don't get turn down service everyday. I believe it's once every 4 days, unless you pay for daily service.

I believe the cancellation policy is a bit tricky. You should definitely look at that aspect. This may differ from company to company and from person to person.

It's certainly something to look into while as you wait for next July to roll around. :hourglass

Good Luck and let me know how it goes. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the information - I will look into it and maybe it will work out for us.

Ooooh boy~ it's my iPhone I use throughout the day & really clueless on how that all works. So I might be worthless??????!!!!!!
I can try to research how its all done... Otherwise here is hoping someone more experienced with this can help.....????

If you can, go ahead, if you can't that is ok too. Just don't leave me, I couldn't take that...:rotfl::lmao: :scared1:

If you can, go ahead, if you can't that is ok too. Just don't leave me, I couldn't take that...:rotfl::lmao: :scared1:

Lol~ I'm not going to leave! I check in multiple times per day to mentally get away at my work. I wish I can figure out how to help. I'm sure someone maybe who ran july2013 come on here and step up to help you?!?!

I just checked it out as well, it sounds really good. I'm going to research it further. Gosh why does it make me so nervous?

I am so excited you started this board. We just booked Boardwalk for July 19-24. Then we are headed to HR at Universal 24-27.

We are a family of 5, girls ages 10 and 12, boy age 7. We are also going with another family who will be booking this week.

Loved that Crystal Palace story. Really sweet. I know its easy to say the CMs did a great job, but you are a great mom for taking care of it so quickly as well. Its a challenge and so nice to see you keep your cool like that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter