*** The Official July 2014 thread, join us won't you? ***

WOW!!! Small World.. DD and I live at Ridglea C.C. Estates, Camp Bowie and Bryant Irvin area. I used to live in Fort Walton Beach - Floridians call it (L.A.) Lower Alabama. :lmao:

Yes it is! My in laws are in that area, a little farther west after Camp Bowie turns into 80.

Here's another for your guest list :)

We check in in June but will be there up to July 6th. Depending on available flights the dates are June 19th to July 6th at the moment. We've never done this time of year before. Done Spring Break, Easter and various dates over September / October so this is totally new turf. We really wanted to be there for Independence Day, even if everyone thinks we're nuts for going at that time :rotfl2:

We check in in June but will be there up to July 6th. Depending on available flights the dates are June 19th to July 6th at the moment. We've never done this time of year before. Done Spring Break, Easter and various dates over September / October so this is totally new turf. We really wanted to be there for Independence Day, even if everyone thinks we're nuts for going at that time :rotfl2:

Hi 2Tiggies,

:welcome: to our group, we are small but growing! Glad to have you on board. I am gonna take a guess that based on your ticker, you are staying at POFQ? Let me know if I am wrong, but until then, I will list you as that until you tell me otherwise. Feel free to chat, ask questions, let us know what you are planning for your trip and/or your Disney story. We all love to hear that kind of stuff on this thread.

Our dates overlap! It is awesome on July 4th. Nothing makes you feel more patriotic than going to the Hall of Presidents on Independence Day.

Our dates overlap! It is awesome on July 4th. Nothing makes you feel more patriotic than going to the Hall of Presidents on Independence Day.

Well Im planning this week as well.... Although, second guessing whether I should make it a week later since I'm reading how crowds are dramatically lower that next week. So confused?!?!?! Also, anyone know if price is the same anytime in July? Decisions......

Well Im planning this week as well.... Although, second guessing whether I should make it a week later since I'm reading how crowds are dramatically lower that next week. So confused?!?!?! Also, anyone know if price is the same anytime in July? Decisions......

I have been going in July for many years. I believe July is Super Super Peak Season and the prices are pretty much consistent all month. Don't forget G.P. discounts will usually come out in end of March, beginning of April for July, also you may get some pixiedust: and get a pin code !! who knows. Book the week you prefer and then add the discount with it comes out.

I have been going in July for many years. I believe July is Super Super Peak Season and the prices are pretty much consistent all month. Don't forget G.P. discounts will usually come out in end of March, beginning of April for July, also you may get some pixiedust: and get a pin code !! who knows. Book the week you prefer and then add the discount with it comes out.

..... And I take it it's rather easy to apply those discounts? Of course I'm not basing my vaca on getting it & planning to pay full price, but hey it would be nice!!!!!!!! Thanks for the feedback! :)

..... And I take it it's rather easy to apply those discounts? Of course I'm not basing my vaca on getting it & planning to pay full price, but hey it would be nice!!!!!!!! Thanks for the feedback! :)

Yes, Ma'am. my experience is as long it is a Disney discount I have had no problems.

I have had the pleasure in booking a year out every year and then apply the discount when Disney posts them. generally it has been the GP Discount I have used.

Bob

Yes, Ma'am. my experience is as long it is a Disney discount I have had no problems.

I have had the pleasure in booking a year out every year and then apply the discount when Disney posts them. generally it has been the GP Discount I have used.

Bob

Thanks Bob! Probably wouldn't be available for the 4th though and at the mod resorts?? POR or CSR?? Ya think?

Thanks Bob! Probably wouldn't be available for the 4th though and at the mod resorts?? POR or CSR?? Ya think?

This was the G.P. discount for this summer, I used. Hope this gives you some idea and help. :thumbsup2

Travel Dates: June 13 – August 14, 2013
Walt Disney World has released a special discount where you can save up to 30% off of your room only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts during the travel dates listed above, plus great savings on 4 day and longer Walt Disney World Magic Your Way tickets.
Percentage Savings:
  • Save 30% at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge (standard view rooms only), Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, Boardwalk Villas, Bay Lake Tower and Beach Club Villas.
  • Save 20% at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, Caribbean Beach Resort, Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, Wilderness Lodge, The Villas at Wilderness Lodge and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort Cabins
  • Save 15% at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort (Family Suite Rooms only)
Please note that some resorts have been excluded from the discounts, including Port Orleans French Quarter, All-Star Movies, the Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation, 3 bedroom villas and campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. While not listed, they may be discounted for some dates, but not others.
This offer must be booked by June 14, 2013.
Guests can book either a room only reservation or a package reservation including tickets and dining plans, though only the room portion and Magic Your Way park passes will be discounted (as long as you include 4 day or longer park passes), the dining plan will be at full rate. Availability is limited.
This is the same offer that was released to Disney VISA cardholders last week. A Disney VISA is no longer required to book this, it is now open to everyone.

I'm so excited about it!! It would be great if our paths crossed or we could co-ordinate even a quick "Hi". We've posted on so many of the same threads for a few years now, it would be nice to be able to have a face to put to the names :)

Oh yeah, Hall of Presidents is a must!

Hi 2Tiggies,

:welcome: to our group, we are small but growing! Glad to have you on board. I am gonna take a guess that based on your ticker, you are staying at POFQ? Let me know if I am wrong, but until then, I will list you as that until you tell me otherwise. Feel free to chat, ask questions, let us know what you are planning for your trip and/or your Disney story. We all love to hear that kind of stuff on this thread.

Thank you :)

Yes, it's POFQ ... again! We just can't seem to help ourselves, lol.

You'll probably get plenty of chat from me on here as I continuously re-shuffle plans and itineraries :rotfl:

Thats my approach as well. Going in July I plan on paying full price and if I come across a discount then great, I'll have more spending money. If not I'll still going to Disney and having a fabulous vacation!

I'm so excited about it!! It would be great if our paths crossed or we could co-ordinate even a quick "Hi". We've posted on so many of the same threads for a few years now, it would be nice to be able to have a face to put to the names :)

Oh yeah, Hall of Presidents is a must!

I'm planning to brave the week of the 4th too but have not decided between PoR (been there love it) or CSR (never been)! Just 11 more months :)

I'm planning to brave the week of the 4th too but have not decided between PoR (been there love it) or CSR (never been)! Just 11 more months :)

I love the theming of CSR. POR is really pretty. Only thing with CSR is location, unless you're driving I guess. I just found the resorts in the AK area seem to be so far from everything .... except AK :rotfl: We did notice that we had to budget more time to get from A to B than what we were used to. Aah decisions ....!!

My subconscious mind has clearly decided that it needs another challenge in decision making so I'm facing a new dilemma. We opt for the QSDP (face it, the thought of making ADRs for 18 days straight is a bit :scared1:) and pay OOP for any TS we do. There are a few other things we'd love to do, including Parasailing on Bay Lake, Cirque du Soleil, the Steam Train Tour at MK and DD would love a few character meals if we can swing it. Anyway, when I ran up the totals for these roughly it was a bit :scared1: :rolleyes1 But then I got looking at the Premium Plan, which is not strictly dining. You have to take it for a minimum of 3 nights (did it not used to be 2?) That would cover all of the above and we could throw in the carriage ride at Port Orleans that we didnt' get to do last year when I got horridly sick on vacation :sick: And since it includes the equivalent of Deluxe Dining, that would cover all the character meals too. So I thought, what if I got rid of 3 nights of my package reservation and replaced it with 3 nights on the Premium Plan?

I'm just a little confused about how the cost breaks down as adding it to a room only reservation doesn't work out the same as what it is reflected in on the website to break down as per night per person :confused: It looks like the park tickets (with hopping) are added in automatically for the number of days you book on that package plan, with the option to add days up to the usual max of 10, although you can't reduce it below the number of nights you've booked on that plan (if any of that makes sense).

Does anyone here have any more info on this or happen to have used it before? It's not cheap, but still works out a darn side cheaper than adding all these activities and meals individually. I'm trying to prioritize and be honest with myself here because we weren't going to be doing ALL of the above; there are some must-do's in our list so we could probably selectively do it cheaper .... but then we could do all for less than paying separate for each. Oh decisions and dilemmas already - and still nearly 11 months to work more changes into the mix :rotfl2:

The most we have ever done is the DxDP. It is a lot of food and we did it for 8 days. UGH!!!:crazy2: We were full from the end of the first day and were never hungry to fully enjoy all the food we were stuffing in our mouths. We went in August. At that time my DH was against the signature locations, he has since come around since we ate at Yachtsman Steakhouse last year. We are going back again next year without our kids.

As for the meets, when I was on the August 2012 board, once we made our ADR's or plans for where we were eating and an approximate times, we posted them on the thread with the dates and times so we could see who was going to be where and we could be on the lookout for them. We also made mickey heads with our disboard names on them and attached them to our hat/backpack/bag that we carried. That way as we were going, we could be on the lookout for friends that would be in the same park as ourselves that day or in the same restaurant near the same time as us. Or some of us actually set up Dismeets in advance if we wanted to. I met 4 disers last year and 2 of them were random run ins. No planning just on the look out for certain people. It was fun and got to meet some really great people. So if you guys are up for it, I could try to do that around the 6 month mark and whoever gives me info, I would put it out there. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Let me know if you all are interested. And you can determine with what level you are comfortable. Hope this makes sense.

The most we have ever done is the DxDP. It is a lot of food and we did it for 8 days. UGH!!!:crazy2: We were full from the end of the first day and were never hungry to fully enjoy all the food we were stuffing in our mouths. We went in August. At that time my DH was against the signature locations, he has since come around since we ate at Yachtsman Steakhouse last year. We are going back again next year without our kids.

As for the meets, when I was on the August 2012 board, once we made our ADR's or plans for where we were eating and an approximate times, we posted them on the thread with the dates and times so we could see who was going to be where and we could be on the lookout for them. We also made mickey heads with our disboard names on them and attached them to our hat/backpack/bag that we carried. That way as we were going, we could be on the lookout for friends that would be in the same park as ourselves that day or in the same restaurant near the same time as us. Or some of us actually set up Dismeets in advance if we wanted to. I met 4 disers last year and 2 of them were random run ins. No planning just on the look out for certain people. It was fun and got to meet some really great people. So if you guys are up for it, I could try to do that around the 6 month mark and whoever gives me info, I would put it out there. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Let me know if you all are interested. And you can determine with what level you are comfortable. Hope this makes sense.

I am very comfortable with Dis-Meets. In the past years we would meet in Adventure Land at the rock sitting area in front of the Dole Whip stand at a certain time. Meet and Greet, then exchange small gifts representing something from your home town or state.

I also have Lime green Mickey heads on my back pack with my user name on it and I also have another one hanging that states " Go ahead and ask me about the Lime Green Mickey" you be surprised at how many people do ask. I also have Lime Green Mickey's stuck on with Velcro to my resort room door.

On July 14th this year, I was fortunate to meet 4 Dis-Friends and about 6 family members. My DD is also on the Dis-Board, Midori and BF Lucy were able to meet up with 2 girl's their age at the AK pool and Epcot.

Fellow Dis-Friend (Lfortin) from Mass. State and I were arriving at AKL on the same day and were texting each other to see who would arrive first. Luck would have it as we both arrive at the exact same time, 12:05 Noon. That was a lot of fun to chat on the Dis-Board for a year, texting to see who would get checked in first, talking to them at the Dis-Meet then running into them 4 times during our vacation.

I love the theming of CSR. POR is really pretty. Only thing with CSR is location, unless you're driving I guess. I just found the resorts in the AK area seem to be so far from everything .... except AK :rotfl: We did notice that we had to budget more time to get from A to B than what we were used to. Aah decisions ....!!

My subconscious mind has clearly decided that it needs another challenge in decision making so I'm facing a new dilemma. We opt for the QSDP (face it, the thought of making ADRs for 18 days straight is a bit :scared1:) and pay OOP for any TS we do. There are a few other things we'd love to do, including Parasailing on Bay Lake, Cirque du Soleil, the Steam Train Tour at MK and DD would love a few character meals if we can swing it. Anyway, when I ran up the totals for these roughly it was a bit :scared1: :rolleyes1 But then I got looking at the Premium Plan, which is not strictly dining. You have to take it for a minimum of 3 nights (did it not used to be 2?) That would cover all of the above and we could throw in the carriage ride at Port Orleans that we didnt' get to do last year when I got horridly sick on vacation :sick: And since it includes the equivalent of Deluxe Dining, that would cover all the character meals too. So I thought, what if I got rid of 3 nights of my package reservation and replaced it with 3 nights on the Premium Plan?

I'm just a little confused about how the cost breaks down as adding it to a room only reservation doesn't work out the same as what it is reflected in on the website to break down as per night per person :confused: It looks like the park tickets (with hopping) are added in automatically for the number of days you book on that package plan, with the option to add days up to the usual max of 10, although you can't reduce it below the number of nights you've booked on that plan (if any of that makes sense).

Does anyone here have any more info on this or happen to have used it before? It's not cheap, but still works out a darn side cheaper than adding all these activities and meals individually. I'm trying to prioritize and be honest with myself here because we weren't going to be doing ALL of the above; there are some must-do's in our list so we could probably selectively do it cheaper .... but then we could do all for less than paying separate for each. Oh decisions and dilemmas already - and still nearly 11 months to work more changes into the mix :rotfl2:

*** I wish I had advice or a suggestion for you! We did regular dining plan & will do that next time as well. Believe me I looked into the deluxe & premium but it's no way near my personal budget. I will say this, if you have not already... GO TO the dining forum and post this question. You will get a tons of educated responses. Remember our awesome group here only has a little less than 10 members so far I think. But, over there ur talking thousands! :)
**** DisMeet, would LOVE to! Last trip we didnt meet anyone, but my boys made friends so easily. We were on Kali with another family and I was laughing with the mom about something and in the back of my mind I was wondering if she was on the Disboards. So I would definately do a meet and figure out where to get one of those Mickey heads!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter