*** The Official July 2014 thread, join us won't you? ***

We had a great time at dinner with the step sisters and I hope you do to. Dh doesn't have any interest in Via Napoli, some day I guess. Thanks for the kind words about the story. It IS why we love Disney so much. Some people just can't see/won't see that! Their loss!

You weren't intrusive at all. I love being reminded of that story because it brings back my Disney love all that much stronger! Makes me affirm why we keep going back. I have 3 other Huge Disney fans at my job so it is nice to be able to talk about it when I need/want to. Hope you have some understanding coworkers as well, makes it better at work, I think!

I hope we get some new members soon. I am so excited about this thread and our visits! Is that weird??? :confused3:confused3:confused3

Ummm, NO, that is weird at all. I have been waiting for someone to start a OFFICIAL July 2014 thread. :banana: I am so excited now. Let's kick the next 11 months in the teeth.

All about us:
2 adults
2 kids DD will be 8, DS will be (choke, cry, gasp) 11 sad mama!

Staying AKL. Club Level (can hardly stand the excitement)

ADR's haven't really made up my mind yet. O'hana's ::yes:: for sure.

BOG would be amazing.

Lol~ I'm not going to leave! I check in multiple times per day to mentally get away at my work. I wish I can figure out how to help. I'm sure someone maybe who ran july2013 come on here and step up to help you?!?!

This is actually our very first July Trip to WDW. Recently we have done August (last week of the month) due to free dining. This trip we are doing July because our niece/Goddaughter is graduating high school, turning 18 and going away to college. They live in Kissimmee (as well as the rest of my family). So we are going to her party, seeing the family, and getting in our Disney fix. It all works out so well! I would love some one to help, but if it is just me, so be it, I will do my best!

I am so excited you started this board. We just booked Boardwalk for July 19-24. Then we are headed to HR at Universal 24-27.

We are a family of 5, girls ages 10 and 12, boy age 7. We are also going with another family who will be booking this week.

Loved that Crystal Palace story. Really sweet. I know its easy to say the CMs did a great job, but you are a great mom for taking care of it so quickly as well. Its a challenge and so nice to see you keep your cool like that!

Hi Sandyplayer,

:welcome: Glad to have you on board! I will get you listed on the front page with the rest of us. Thanks for the kind words about the story and me. You know how sometimes you don't really even have to think, as a mom, you just react? That was me. Thank goodness that I knew the parks so well and knew what foods they served. Some people would say that is kind of creepy/weird/stalkerish, but I know that you all understand it on here!!! ::yes::

Ummm, NO, that is weird at all. I have been waiting for someone to start a OFFICIAL July 2014 thread. :banana: I am so excited now. Let's kick the next 11 months in the teeth.

11 Months---WOW, we booked a month ago already. Maybe this year will fly by. I hope so, cause then the school year will pass fast and my vacation will be here before you know it. :hyper: LET'S GET TO KICKIN'

Hey folks, we are up to 6 July members!!!

So a bit of background on me:

I had my first trip to Disney in the summer of 1972, within the first year Magic Kingdom was open. I had just turned 3 yrs old. We stayed in the contemporary. I don't remember much, but I have seen pictures and heard stories. I look like I had fun! Growing up, we took a few more trips to Disney as a family and I loved it each time. My favs are Sleeping Beauty (I wanted to name my daughter Aurora Rose but DH nixed that! :confused3) and Figment- so love him :lovestruc:

My kids will be 15DS (ugh how did that happen) and 11 5/6DD (as she would say) when we go. They love Disney as well. My DS is in double digit visits already and DD is getting close. They help us pick restaurants to eat in and what attractions they want to do. It is fun to see them get so into the planning with me, although I still get the most excited.

I love Disney for many reasons. His planning and thought that went into literally everything. Nothing is done without a purpose or thought. The immersion you get when you stay on property just can't be beat in my eyes. Then there is the way they take care of their guests. They are so inclusive to everyone. No matter how young, old, disabled, able, new or return guest, they want everyone to have the best vacation of their lives at that very moment. I LOVE IT!!!!! :love:

So anyway, enough about me, how bout all of you guys.. Tell me your stories, I love to hear them.

OK !! - You asked so here goes.....:thumbsup2

Bob is my name, DD 13's is Midori. We were left alone when DD was 8 months old so it's been DD and I since day one.

I've been to Disney a couple of time during my younger days but did not really get into Disney until my DD turned 3 years old.

I am half Japanese and half American, born in Tokyo, Japan. Named my DD Midori because of my Japanese background.

Started Disney with a trip with DD to Disneyworld. Traveled back home to visit family and did Tokyo Disney. We both love traveling so ventured to Paris Disney in our early Disney trips. DD really loved Disneyworld so we decided with annual trips to Florida. The early years, we would visit Disneyworld during spring break, but my Boss did not like giving me vacations during the spring so I was forced to vacation in July. Glad for the change because I like celebrating my Birthday for 8 days straight.

Noticed the last couple of years, my DD was not into Disney like she use to be so we decided to invite her BF Lucy to tour Disney with us. We loved doing Disney as Daughter and Father but I realized my DD was growing up and need a friend to share Disney with her.

That was the best thing I could have ever done. Midori and her BF Lucy had a wonderful time this year and I had the time of my life just watching them enjoy Disney together. Midori and I played host and Hostess to Lucy and her Mother for 8 days. I don't think they would have enjoyed Disney as much if they were on their own trying to figure out who, what, where when and how to tour Disney.

DD wants to take Lucy again next year and this is fine with me. As you can see by the You Tube Videos, Midori and Lucy had a Magical Time at Disney and will probably have many Disney Vacation together in the future.

My entire life revolves around my daughter Midori and I enjoy being a single Dad. I would never change anything in our past or change the direction of our future together. I enjoy taking and picking up Midori from school everyday, car pooling DD and her friends to Dance, Basketball Games and to the Mall to shop. My life is surely blessed and can not ask for a better life.

OK - I can go on and on, but I had better stop and let someone else take it from here.

Thanks

Bob

Booked our trip for July 2014 to celebrate DS's high school graduation. DD also chose Disney as her graduation destination 5 years ago. He chose to return to the Wilderness Lodge -where we spent our first Disney vacation.

So excited. Already staring to think about park planning and ADR's. Ahhhhh...nothing's more fun than planning a Disney vacation.

Let the dancing begin...

:dance3::dance3:

Wow... Love reading everyone's stories!!!! I'm so excited to be a part of this thread at the beginning :) I look forward to starting this planning process w/everyone!
About Me: our 1st family vacation was this past May to WDW (ds13, ds13, ds9). Being a single mom many people were against us going. They offered unwanted advice about better things we can do w/$5,000. Yes, I 2cnd guessed my decision. Ultimately, it turned out to be the best decision I could have ever made! Those photos on the wall have people drooling! We had the best 8 days ever!!! My bills still got paid, rent up to date and food in the fridge. In fact, I am now planning our July2014 WDW vacation...
:) :) :)

We're going the first week of July 2014. I'll be graduating from college (finally, I was on the 21 year plan) and it's our 20th wedding anniversary. DS will also be finishing elementary school and DD will be finishing middle school so I figure why not celebrate that as well, right? :woohoo:

We're doing AoA (Cars suite) and I just made the reservations. And now that I finally have, after having planned this trip since our last one in 2011, I can't help but log in and just look at the reservations. Strange, I know. But I can't help myself. I've also renewed my Touringplans subscription and planned each day along with all of our ADR's already. :banana:

I've had a lot of people question us going for July 4th. But we did it in 2011 and after that every other Independence Day fireworks show we've been to just pales in comparison. We see the big fireworks shows at places close to us and we're like, they've got nothing on WDW.

So, yeah... I'm just a little bit excited!

We're going the first week of July 2014. I'll be graduating from college (finally, I was on the 21 year plan) and it's our 20th wedding anniversary. DS will also be finishing elementary school and DD will be finishing middle school so I figure why not celebrate that as well, right? :woohoo:

We're doing AoA (Cars suite) and I just made the reservations. And now that I finally have, after having planned this trip since our last one in 2011, I can't help but log in and just look at the reservations. Strange, I know. But I can't help myself. I've also renewed my Touringplans subscription and planned each day along with all of our ADR's already. :banana:

I've had a lot of people question us going for July 4th. But we did it in 2011 and after that every other Independence Day fireworks show we've been to just pales in comparison. We see the big fireworks shows at places close to us and we're like, they've got nothing on WDW.

That's funny... My twins will be finishing middle school & ds9 will be finishing elementary (where does time go?) and the week we are planning on... July 4th!!!! Yippppeeee :)

Booked our trip for July 2014 to celebrate DS's high school graduation. DD also chose Disney as her graduation destination 5 years ago. He chose to return to the Wilderness Lodge -where we spent our first Disney vacation.

So excited. Already staring to think about park planning and ADR's. Ahhhhh...nothing's more fun than planning a Disney vacation.

Let the dancing begin...

:dance3::dance3:

Hi psu1978,

:welcome: to our crazy thread! Can you let me know your exact dates? That way I can put you on our front page in order. Let me know and I will get you added. Congrats on the getting to graduation and celebrating it! Have fun planning and if you have any questions, ask and we will all do our best to help out.

Wow... Love reading everyone's stories!!!! I'm so excited to be a part of this thread at the beginning :) I look forward to starting this planning process w/everyone!
About Me: our 1st family vacation was this past May to WDW (ds13, ds13, ds9). Being a single mom many people were against us going. They offered unwanted advice about better things we can do w/$5,000. Yes, I 2cnd guessed my decision. Ultimately, it turned out to be the best decision I could have ever made! Those photos on the wall have people drooling! We had the best 8 days ever!!! My bills still got paid, rent up to date and food in the fridge. In fact, I am now planning our July2014 WDW vacation...
:) :) :)

You know, I have to say I agree with you. If my bills are paid and I am not asking for money or help from someone, why are they so worried about my vacations? I would rather have no savings account but instead have great family memories/pictures we all can remember forever. We aren't rich, but if you can work it out, why not pass down great times/memories to our kids so they see that even in tough times, there are good things to those who work hard for what they have? Sorry, I will get off my soap box now. (stepping down now)

Hi photo_chick,

:welcome: to our group! Glad to have you aboard. Can you tell me the exact dates so I can add you to our front page? Congrats on the college graduation! When we go next year it will be celebrating DH and my 20th anniversary also (May 28 1994) and DS will be finishing middle school and DD will be finishing her first year in middle school. Last year we did AoA Nemo suite and loved it! The big blue pool is fantastic. We have never been on July 4th but I can only imagine how awesome it would be. Stay excited! and if you ever need help with that, we are here. We are the EXCITEMENT CREW!!!:lmao:

Hi photo_chick,

to our group! Glad to have you aboard. Can you tell me the exact dates so I can add you to our front page? Congrats on the college graduation! When we go next year it will be celebrating DH and my 20th anniversary also (May 28 1994) and DS will be finishing middle school and DD will be finishing her first year in middle school. Last year we did AoA Nemo suite and loved it! The big blue pool is fantastic. We have never been on July 4th but I can only imagine how awesome it would be. Stay excited! and if you ever need help with that, we are here. We are the EXCITEMENT CREW!!!

6/30-7/7 at AoA!

Our wedding anniversary is Aug. 6, 1994. We're doing our anniversary dinner on July 6 which is actually the date we met in 1990.

OMG !!! We are neighbors :banana:

Well - All except 4 of the 2013 July group has left and made it back home.

Our thread leader Angalee will be one of the last to come back home. Time to get the group to come over to this thread and start planning next years Magical Vacations. :cool1:

Well - All except 4 of the 2013 July group has left and made it back home.

Our thread leader Angalee will be one of the last to come back home. Time to get the group to come over to this thread and start planning next years Magical Vacations. :cool1:

Sounds good to me, reel them in and bring 'em over! The more the merrier... :rotfl2:

Thanks to those for sharing, so I'll go next.:goodvibes

Joe is my non Dis name.
Starting going to WDW at an early age. Like others, I don't really remember a lot, but there is evidence that I was there. My dad's side of the family moved to Florida in the early 70's, and we would go down to visit every year. Usually over Easter break, but sometimes during Christmas.

One of the things I remember was the car ride. I always enjoyed the ride down and the lack of rules back then. No car seat, no seatbelt, basically a free for all in the back seat, hatchback or back of the van. My grandparents lived 3 hours southwest of Orlando in Fort Myers, so all of our Disney trips were day trips. We never stayed on Disney property, and for a long time, never even considered it. :confused3

I also remember loving 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Not happy that I can't take my kids on it. :(

I remember loving EPCOT, we definitely went the first year it opened. I was entranced by all the cool new technology, shame it hasn't kept up with the times (I feel).

Anyway, as we grew older we went less and less. I went to WDW for my senior trip in 1991, but it wasn't the same without my family.
The next time I went back was in 1998 to Animal Kingdom, the summer that it opened. This time I took my girlfriend, who eventually became DW (Evann). We went to Disney a couple times after that, usually in the summer when we would visit my family, but still never stayed on site or considered it. :confused3

DS (Harry)burst on the scene in 2005, so when he was 3, we planned our first on site Disney family vacation. :banana:
We stayed at WL for 9 nights and it was magical. It will be hard to top the first trip, but we'll try. Magical express, the meal plan, character meals, LeCellier (1 credit at the time), the whole 9 yards. Awesome. :worship:

By the next summer, DD (Lucy) entered our world. Our 2008 trip was in our blood however, and we could not wait for DD to turn 3. So at the ripe old age of 1, DD experienced Disney for the first time. We stayed at AKL, my favorite, for 5 nights.

Now at this point, I hadn't discovered the Dis yet. I had used mousesavers.com as my main resource. It was in 2011 that I became a Dis member and truly a Disney planning freak. I read about renting points and it sounded like a great option, as we were already addicted to deluxe resorts. We rented 5 nights at BWV, and really enjoyed it, although busing to MK was crazy sharing with all of those resorts. :mad:

Now, my daughter was 2 and princess crazy. She would wait in line all day to see a princess, and she saw them all. Such a different experience than with our DS. Actually, a whole new Disney World had opened to me. princess:

DD's birthday is in July, so we decided to celebrate her 3rd birthday in Disney. Stayed for 2 nights at POR Royal Room, then OKW for a week in a 2br, my parents stayed with us. This was my first exchange using my HGVC timeshare, a real money saver for us. What a great week. DS didn't seem to mind as long as we got to do Star Tours over and over.

DW and I are both teachers, so the summer is the perfect time for us to go to WDW. The heat and crowds don't bother us. :cool2: however, we do want to make it to Disney for halloween and Christmas some day. Disneyland is also on our bucket list.

Sure there are less expensive vacations to go on, and lord know Disney is expensive. But I love being in WDW, completely shut off from the outside. It is certainly an escape for me. :love:

Hey Joe,

Thanks for sharing! While I am not a teacher, I am a paraprofessional, so I get the summer thing. I don't like (or really want to) to take the kids out of school for a vacation. And for me to get off, it would just be a hot mess, so I don't do it.

And just because I forgot.... My non Dis name is Karla. For everyone that shared their stories, thanks. Anyone that hasn't shared yet, please don't feel pressured, if you want to do, if not, don't.

My kids had their first WDW visits when they were DS: 8months (Christmas visit with Disney and family) and DD: 7months (celebrating her 1st visit and big brothers 4th b-day) I loved watching their faces and reactions to all the new stuff they were seeing. It brought new Disney magic to me. So much fun!!!

Hi All!! Well I already posted a bit about myself and am enjoying to get to know each of you :)
My nonDis name is, Heidi :)

OMG !!! We are neighbors :banana:

Where are you in Fort Worth? We live in Grand Prairie now but I graduated from Azle and DH went to Western Hills. We both still have family on that side of town.

And I can't wait to make the drive next year. DFW to Pensacola so we can go to the Naval Aviation Museum, then a night in Titusville to visit KSC and see Atlantis (we saw it on the pad right before the last launch so it's a must do for us this time) then we hop on over to WDW and check in to AoA. I love road trips!

Where are you in Fort Worth? We live in Grand Prairie now but I graduated from Azle and DH went to Western Hills. We both still have family on that side of town.

And I can't wait to make the drive next year. DFW to Pensacola so we can go to the Naval Aviation Museum, then a night in Titusville to visit KSC and see Atlantis (we saw it on the pad right before the last launch so it's a must do for us this time) then we hop on over to WDW and check in to AoA. I love road trips!

WOW!!! Small World.. DD and I live at Ridglea C.C. Estates, Camp Bowie and Bryant Irvin area. I used to live in Fort Walton Beach - Floridians call it (L.A.) Lower Alabama. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter