*** The Official July 2014 thread, join us won't you? ***

*** I wish I had advice or a suggestion for you! We did regular dining plan & will do that next time as well. Believe me I looked into the deluxe & premium but it's no way near my personal budget. I will say this, if you have not already... GO TO the dining forum and post this question. You will get a tons of educated responses. Remember our awesome group here only has a little less than 10 members so far I think. But, over there ur talking thousands! :)
**** DisMeet, would LOVE to! Last trip we didnt meet anyone, but my boys made friends so easily. We were on Kali with another family and I was laughing with the mom about something and in the back of my mind I was wondering if she was on the Disboards. So I would definately do a meet and figure out where to get one of those Mickey heads!

Thanks, I will get to posting the question on the dining board. I just happened to be hanging out here and thought I'd run it by my fellow July buddies first :)

You're right - the prices are steep, which is why I would have to do it under 2 reservations and do the bigger package for the absolute minimum number of days. Food is not at the top of our list of priorities on vacation and last year was the first time we didn't do any character buffets as DD turned 10 and I find it difficult to justify spending $100 for two of us when I'm a picky eater and she thinks becuase it's Disney, a cookie and plate of dessert is a perfectly acceptable meal :rotfl: But thank you, and I will get some input from the Restaurants board and do some math on this one (and find some belongings to sell :rolleyes1)

About the meets, when I mentioned meeting up, I didn't mean it had to be an organized meet. While we have a lot of days to play with, I truly understand a family with a week or less trying to get everything done together and it can be difficult to find convenient times to suit all. But if you do arrange something, let us know. FP+ may make it that we have to wait until everyone has had a chance to pick their park days first.

I have met tons of DISers some years and only one or two on others. I have a DISboards sign with my user name about the size of a luggage tag which one of the DIS DISigners made for me a few years ago. It has a green mickey head in the center, Disboards at the top and 2Tiggies at the bottom. I print out a few of them every year (so that there are some spares) and double them up back to back so they are 2 sided then laminate them (so that if it turns backwards you can still read it). I keep that attached to my backpack all the time and so many people have recognized the DIS logo on there and come over to say hi :)

Thanks, I will get to posting the question on the dining board. I just happened to be hanging out here and thought I'd run it by my fellow July buddies first :)

You're right - the prices are steep, which is why I would have to do it under 2 reservations and do the bigger package for the absolute minimum number of days. Food is not at the top of our list of priorities on vacation and last year was the first time we didn't do any character buffets as DD turned 10 and I find it difficult to justify spending $100 for two of us when I'm a picky eater and she thinks becuase it's Disney, a cookie and plate of dessert is a perfectly acceptable meal :rotfl: But thank you, and I will get some input from the Restaurants board and do some math on this one (and find some belongings to sell :rolleyes1)

About the meets, when I mentioned meeting up, I didn't mean it had to be an organized meet. While we have a lot of days to play with, I truly understand a family with a week or less trying to get everything done together and it can be difficult to find convenient times to suit all. But if you do arrange something, let us know. FP+ may make it that we have to wait until everyone has had a chance to pick their park days first.

I have met tons of DISers some years and only one or two on others. I have a DISboards sign with my user name about the size of a luggage tag which one of the DIS DISigners made for me a few years ago. It has a green mickey head in the center, Disboards at the top and 2Tiggies at the bottom. I print out a few of them every year (so that there are some spares) and double them up back to back so they are 2 sided then laminate them (so that if it turns backwards you can still read it). I keep that attached to my backpack all the time and so many people have recognized the DIS logo on there and come over to say hi :)

I posted a few questions on there as well! I love the dis and the forums. This place made my last WDW vacation flawless! I'm definately going to have to contact one of those dis designers closer to my trip!
The only downside of planning a year out is all the second guessing and changes we make, I know I second guess everything.
We are foodies ~ I have boys who LOVE food. So aside from parks I really have to think about restaurants. I did not do any charecter breakfasts in May. We had GG which was fantastic for the charecters! But this coming trip will def try Tusker House & thinking CP to get into MK before RD.
it's going to be a fun year of planning with you all!

I'd love to meet up if we catch each other in the same parks at the same time. I'm going to be making some t-shirts for my family (having printmaking as an elective for my degree has it's advantages) so we'll be easy to recognize.

OMG !!!!!

DD starts school on the 12 of this month. Shopped for school supplies yesterday, final registration is on the 10th.

What happened to the SUMMER? Volleyball also starts next week :cheer2:. OMG!!! Tuition went up :badpc:. Then 4 years of High School Tuition!!, need a part time job. :crazy2:

Just got back from last night from Disney. It was a great trip. We are starting to plan tentatively to go July 27-August 4 next year (so tecnically I guess I belong to both July and August again). We found the end of July to be perfect for us. Will most likely stay at AKL again. We found we really enjoy the hotel the best. So I guess you can add us tentatively. :goodvibes

Just got back from last night from Disney. It was a great trip. We are starting to plan tentatively to go July 27-August 4 next year (so tecnically I guess I belong to both July and August again). We found the end of July to be perfect for us. Will most likely stay at AKL again. We found we really enjoy the hotel the best. So I guess you can add us tentatively. :goodvibes

Hi anjalee6,

:welcome: to our growing group! Hopefully you will go from tentative to actual! I will add you to the front page of our group. Please feel free to ask questions, tell us about your visit. Some of us have shared our Disney stories, feel free to do the same, if you want. Some of us are interested in dismeets, if you are you can get in touch with any of us that will be there at the same time as yourself.

Hi anjalee6,

:welcome: to our growing group! Hopefully you will go from tentative to actual! I will add you to the front page of our group. Please feel free to ask questions, tell us about your visit. Some of us have shared our Disney stories, feel free to do the same, if you want. Some of us are interested in dismeets, if you are you can get in touch with any of us that will be there at the same time as yourself.

Thanks. Here is a little back story. I have been going to Disney since I was a child. I went about 15 times as a child mostly with my dad and brother. I have been to Disney 9 times as an adult with our 10th trip coming up in October. My oldest child, although only 7, has been to Disney 7 times already. So you can see, we love Disney. Most of my trips have been in summer with a few fall trips as well. My family and I have tried many things in Disney and try to do at least one thing new each trip. I have done DisMeets before and are up for them. I ran the July thread for the past two years and the June thread the previous year so if you need any help, let me know.

Thanks. I ran the July thread for the past two years and the June thread the previous year so if you need any help, let me know.

I may just do that. I am new to July. But when I was on the official 2014 thread, I was looking for the July 2014 and didn't find one. So, I made this. I hadn't originally intended it to be the official one, but here we are and this is it. I am ok with that, I just know when school starts again, I may fall a bit behind on things and may need some help. So, you may here the call at any time. If you want to do a post with any pertinent links that would be good and I can put something on the front page that tells them what post to go to for it. Let me know how you want to work it, I am all up for help! :thumbsup2

I may just do that. I am new to July. But when I was on the official 2014 thread, I was looking for the July 2014 and didn't find one. So, I made this. I hadn't originally intended it to be the official one, but here we are and this is it. I am ok with that, I just know when school starts again, I may fall a bit behind on things and may need some help. So, you may here the call at any time. If you want to do a post with any pertinent links that would be good and I can put something on the front page that tells them what post to go to for it. Let me know how you want to work it, I am all up for help! :thumbsup2

No problem. I can do that. :thumbsup2. I'll let you k ow when I do the links to important information. A lot of things like park hours are too far it, but I will do what I can to help.

Just doing my morning reads and checking in.

Can you believe summer is almost over? My brain is already thinking of Fall,Thanksgiving, DD's bday, Christmas Oh my. This trip (hopefully) will be here before we know it.

On a Disney note, Tell me, have you done the QSDP? What are your thoughts about this one?

I'm with you think-like-tink. My DD started back to school camp at the fine arts academy she goes to today. That's really our start to the school year. Next week her dance classes get going then everyone else starts back at school. Before I can blink it will be Christmas. Then we start the mad dash through dance competition season that ends with DD's recital in June. Then it will be time to start packing for Disney!

I've never done QSDP. We've always done the regular DDP. We like to eat lots of character meals.

Can you believe summer is almost over? My brain is already thinking of Fall,Thanksgiving, DD's bday, Christmas Oh my. This trip (hopefully) will be here before we know it.

On a Disney note, Tell me, have you done the QSDP? What are your thoughts about this one?

I caught myself saying, "a month from now I will be back in school, and so will the kids." Sad, just sad. I love my job, but I love my summer off. 4 more weeks of heaven!

I have not done the QSDP because while we love some of the QS places, we love TS so much more. We love to take time out of our day and just sit down to a meal and relax. It is one of the things we love most about Disney, the great food and places to eat, so sorry I can't help with that.

No!!! I can't believe summer is almost over :( I do love October/November though. Before you know it we will be discussing booking our ADRs, Wishes Dessert Parties and whatnot. Exciting!
About the QSDP - Im another one who likes the regular Dining Plan. Like the others said love that sit down meal mid-day to get out of the park frenzy. We don't take a break back to the resort so we really need a TS to relax a bit.
I know you didn't ask about that one. If you prefer a quick service, I'm sure it's a great plan! I love the fact everything is prepaid. One less thing to worry about :)

Joining in on the fun!! We're definitely going in July 2014!!! We go every other year and stay at our DVC home resort Boardwalk Villas. We'll be going from July 20-30, 2014. I can't book until August 20th (11 months out for DVC home resort). So we're not booked yet but definitely going!!! Looking forward to it for sure. I love the planning stages also...ready starting to think about ADRs. I'm off until the day after labor day (teacher) so I like to get a lot of the basics for ADRs done before I go back to work. Once the school year starts January will be here before I know it and I will be so busy at work that I won't have much time to research.

This trip will be me and DH (both age 37 when we go), and our two sons (ages 7 and 9 when we go). We all can't wait!!! :)

DisneyMomfanatic's DH here. I don't pop in here often, but I do now and again. Welcome one and all. Hopefully we'll see some of you in the parks next year.

bangzoom6877 said:
Joining in on the fun!! We're definitely going in July 2014!!! We go every other year and stay at our DVC home resort Boardwalk Villas. We'll be going from July 20-30, 2014. I can't book until August 20th (11 months out for DVC home resort). So we're not booked yet but definitely going!!! Looking forward to it for sure. I love the planning stages also...ready starting to think about ADRs. I'm off until the day after labor day (teacher) so I like to get a lot of the basics for ADRs done before I go back to work. Once the school year starts January will be here before I know it and I will be so busy at work that I won't have much time to research.

This trip will be me and DH (both age 37 when we go), and our two sons (ages 7 and 9 when we go). We all can't wait!!! :)

Hello - Nice to see you on the board.

Welcome!!!!!! I'm so excited less than a year to go! I have yet to book either. Definately, going though just narrowing it between 2 different resorts and the exact week. Already thinking about ADRs :)

DisneyMomfanatic's DH here. I don't pop in here often, but I do now and again. Welcome one and all. Hopefully we'll see some of you in the parks next year.

Hi There ~ disneymomfanatic dh!!!!! So nice to see you on here to share the fun! :)

Hi bangzoom6877,

:welcome: to our happy thread! I see the others have welcomed you as well. We are a small but happy, chatty, growing group and we are so excited to have you on board! I will add you to the frontpage with the information you gave here. If anything changes, please let me know and I will change it as well. I also work for a school so I know how it is with the first semester flying by. By the time you realize it, it is already the second marking period and time for summer ADR's. We, and I mean mostly I, are interested in some back stories for all our July disers. If you feel comfortable sharing we, I mean I, would love to hear it. We also love to hear where you are thinking of getting ADR's and if there are any stories behind those as well. Glad to have you on board!!! :thumbsup2

Well hello there wizzzzzard! This is truly a surprise! :welcome: Share your story if you fell compelled, we love to hear them. Glad to have you on board. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter