***The Official June 2016 Thread***

We moved from Atlanta about 15 years ago. Gets worse every year. Just got my bypass the check-in text! Got the room we wanted, just 2 floors up. Which will be great for the view but wanted lower for easier access to outside and laundry. I'm pretty happy though!
Woohoo!!

So should we drive through Atlanta I75 or around Atlanta? Driving Sunday we should hit Atlanta around 6PM

So should we drive through Atlanta I75 or around Atlanta? Driving Sunday we should hit Atlanta around 6PM
Sunday won't be as bad because it's the weekend. But you can always check it with google maps which gives you trip times based on traffic.

Atlanta at dinner time, no matter the day, will be terrible. But I've tried the bypass and not done much better. If you qualify for the hov lane it helps, so long as you are sure you don't have to get out of it within the city.

Atlanta at dinner time, no matter the day, will be terrible. But I've tried the bypass and not done much better. If you qualify for the hov lane it helps, so long as you are sure you don't have to get out of it within the city.
Oh believe me, during the week is way worse than the weekend. I've lived here all my life! But it (traffic) is certainly never pretty.

Disney changed the opening of MK to 8am for several days in June...FYI.

Ugh. I knew they'd do this. Of course we're planning to go to MK on a day that they have the EMM (that we're *not* attending) so we won't get in until 9:00. I'd much rather go on a non-emh/emm 8:00 a.m. opening day but it's too late to change our plans now. <sigh> Oh well, we've got a full day planned at MK along with 2 partial days (including an evening emh) so we should still get to do everything we want to do there. But we really enjoyed the 8:00 a.m. opening last year.

Boo! I just looked on weather.com and it doesn't sound good for us (at least rain-wise) for 2-3 days next week. Hopefully it will stop by Wednesday since I have the SW dessert part that night. Nothing I can do...

Anyhow, I'll be hitting the road in less than an hour! :banana:

Safe travels.

Here at work thinking I need to be home! I am going to leave at noon & take a few hours of vacation time. My DH has been great with running the errands, cleaning the fridge, etc. All clothes ironed and ready to go in the suitcase. Boarding passes are printed. I need to get home and clean my mess of a house. Nothing worse than coming home from vacation to a messy house! I wish all my June friends a safe and happy trip! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!!!!

Ugh. I knew they'd do this. Of course we're planning to go to MK on a day that they have the EMM (that we're *not* attending) so we won't get in until 9:00. I'd much rather go on a non-emh/emm 8:00 a.m. opening day but it's too late to change our plans now. <sigh> Oh well, we've got a full day planned at MK along with 2 partial days (including an evening emh) so we should still get to do everything we want to do there. But we really enjoyed the 8:00 a.m. opening last year.
I am really annoyed they waited so late to do this for our dates! And 9am was gonna be tough. 8 isn't going to be fun at all. But I've come to terms with it and am working to make our mid day breaks a little longer. Of course, my dad will probably meet us as there is no way he is getting up that early.

I am really annoyed they waited so late to do this for our dates! And 9am was gonna be tough. 8 isn't going to be fun at all. But I've come to terms with it and am working to make our mid day breaks a little longer. Of course, my dad will probably meet us as there is no way he is getting up that early.

Yes, the 8 a.m. opening makes for a very early morning. We were heading back to the resort by 1:30 that day and probably would have gone a little earlier except we had to use a FP at 1:00. I can honestly say that other than our departure day when we like to be on the road by 6:00 a.m., that 8 a.m. MK day was the earliest I've ever gotten up at Disney World. I think we woke up around 5:45. I know we were at the bus stop by 6:45 and walking up to the gate at MK at 7:10. We went straight to Splash & BTMRR at rope drop and had those rides pretty much to ourselves -- there were literally ~20 people who headed that direction at rope drop. We got sooooo much done during those first 2-3 hours that it was well worth getting up so early. That being said, our kids are older (they were 10, 15, & 16 on that trip) so it wasn't that big of a deal to get up early. I'm not sure I could do it with really young kids. And, if I had to do it again, I probably wouldn't be as concerned with getting there as early as we did. Frontierland was a ghost town for the first hour, we certainly could have arrived at MK at 8:00 and followed the crowd through the gates and still accomplished the same things as long as we were heading to a non-headliner ride. If we were trying to do 7DMT, A&E, or PP we would have needed to be there as early as we were. I'm disappointed that we won't be able to do an 8:00 a.m. opening this time (at least not without having to pay $70/p X 8 people to do it), but I'm looking forward to finally getting to do an emh night at MK (it never worked in our schedule before).

Yes, the 8 a.m. opening makes for a very early morning. We were heading back to the resort by 1:30 that day and probably would have gone a little earlier except we had to use a FP at 1:00. I can honestly say that other than our departure day when we like to be on the road by 6:00 a.m., that 8 a.m. MK day was the earliest I've ever gotten up at Disney World. I think we woke up around 5:45. I know we were at the bus stop by 6:45 and walking up to the gate at MK at 7:10. We went straight to Splash & BTMRR at rope drop and had those rides pretty much to ourselves -- there were literally ~20 people who headed that direction at rope drop. We got sooooo much done during those first 2-3 hours that it was well worth getting up so early. That being said, our kids are older (they were 10, 15, & 16 on that trip) so it wasn't that big of a deal to get up early. I'm not sure I could do it with really young kids. And, if I had to do it again, I probably wouldn't be as concerned with getting there as early as we did. Frontierland was a ghost town for the first hour, we certainly could have arrived at MK at 8:00 and followed the crowd through the gates and still accomplished the same things as long as we were heading to a non-headliner ride. If we were trying to do 7DMT, A&E, or PP we would have needed to be there as early as we were. I'm disappointed that we won't be able to do an 8:00 a.m. opening this time (at least not without having to pay $70/p X 8 people to do it), but I'm looking forward to finally getting to do an emh night at MK (it never worked in our schedule before).
My only goal is to see the Welcome show. I don't think we'll need to be at the front of the line bc we really don't have any plans for that hour, so we'll kind of wing it. We have plans to meet Mickey (if the wait isn't too long) then hit Adventurland and Frontierland on Sunday, Tomorrowland on Thursday. So we'll see what works out.

For those going in June, are you bringing a sweatshirt or windbreaker?

I usually pack a windbreaker/rain jacket for each of us but only because we drive and have enough space to pack them in the stow-n-go area of the van. In 5 June trips and 1 May trip, I've only gotten the windbreakers out of the car 1 time. And that was on our May trip when it rained for hours on end every day. We wore our Disney ponchos in the parks as they covered our clothing better but it was easier to wear the jackets when we were just running around the resort (though we could have easily survived without them). I've never used them in June. That being said, I'll pack them again this year because for some reason I think that if I *don't* pack them, the temperatures will miraculously drop down to the 60's (that has NEVER happened on our trips). I'll also mention that along with the windbreakers, I used to pack one pair of long pants for each of us. I quit doing that a few trips ago.

I was wondering the same thing. I brought a light sweater for the plane. Otherwise all shorts & tank tops! I didn't buy ponchos to bring. I figured we would buy the Disney ones in the park. In fact, we'll just pick them up on our first day instead of waiting for the rain and then having to make a run to the nearest gift shop. Cleaning the bathroom, kitchen next, then clothes that are already ironed going into the suitcases. I want to get to bed early tonight. We have to leave around 6:15, so up at 5AM. I being doing some late nights this week getting ready. But I want to start this trip rested - we get in at 11am in Orlando. After we get our rental car, we may go to our rental condo to drop off our stuff or.....go directly to Epcot, do not pass GO, do not get $100. :) Sorry, I am a little loopy. Since we are hitting the ground running, and NO day off from the parks, I am going to need all the sleep I can get tonight!

Oh believe me, during the week is way worse than the weekend. I've lived here all my life! But it (traffic) is certainly never pretty.
Last time we drove to Florida was a couple of years ago. We hit Atlanta late at night. We came upon an accident that had happened recently enough that the medics hadn't yet arrived. It was bad. Partial ejection, car upside down bad. So we are not looking forward to passing that stretch of road.
Here at work thinking I need to be home! I am going to leave at noon & take a few hours of vacation time. My DH has been great with running the errands, cleaning the fridge, etc. All clothes ironed and ready to go in the suitcase. Boarding passes are printed. I need to get home and clean my mess of a house. Nothing worse than coming home from vacation to a messy house! I wish all my June friends a safe and happy trip! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!!!!
Yes! I hate coming home to a messy house too. Cleaning the house is always on the list of things to do before we leave. :)

Less than an hour of work then I can focus on the trip!!! :cool1: My son has to take his SAT tomorrow and work both Saturday and Sunday evening so he truly does not get his break until he goes to bed late before we get up to leave for our trip on Monday morning. The downside of flying out early is that we have to get up at 3:00 in the morning so that we can make it to the airport at 5:00 for a flight that leaves at 7:00. So, I asked this question before but I do not believe I heard anything back. Does anyone know if they will have FPs available when we arrive? Flying with a group we can't book them until we get to the hotel.

Less than an hour of work then I can focus on the trip!!! :cool1: My son has to take his SAT tomorrow and work both Saturday and Sunday evening so he truly does not get his break until he goes to bed late before we get up to leave for our trip on Monday morning. The downside of flying out early is that we have to get up at 3:00 in the morning so that we can make it to the airport at 5:00 for a flight that leaves at 7:00. So, I asked this question before but I do not believe I heard anything back. Does anyone know if they will have FPs available when we arrive? Flying with a group we can't book them until we get to the hotel.
People are constantly changing their FP's, so cross your fingers and you might get lucky. It is easier, though, if you have a smaller number of people. How many in your group?

People are constantly changing their FP's, so cross your fingers and you might get lucky. It is easier, though, if you have a smaller number of people. How many in your group?
It is only my 17 year old son and me. We figured we could also go in the single rider line as well and maybe that will shorten some of the lines. Years ago having pictures together on rides was really important but we could always piece two pictures together if need be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter