***The Official June 2016 Thread***

crap...that's what I forgot to do...Anyone know how quickly a Shutterfly book could get here? Maybe I could have it shipped to the resort instead...hmmm...

(that's been my favorite for autographs and the ones that get the most use by looking at them later)

We've completed 2 park days and are having a great time! Parks are busy but with FP+ and keeping an eye on the wait times on the apps we haven't waiting more than 30min for anything. In fact we WALKED RIGHT ON Toy Story Mania at 8:40 (it closes at 8:45 due to the Star Wars fireworks). I can't stress enough that if you can get to rope drop, do it! We got about 5 attractions done in the first hour!
Have fun!

just checked in to our flights headed to Disney - TOMORROW!!!

and that just made it a little more REAL!!
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

ME Too! Just checked in with Southwest and am very pleased that with Early Bird, we got A16-18! The earliest possible! And A35 for DH, for whom I bought it later because he is flying as a companion and you lose EB if you make changes to his ticket.

Leaving dark & early in the morning- I think we need to leave home by 2:45 am or so.

Oh, and for autographs, DD17 has been madly drawing them all in a small sketch book, as she just decided to do it this last weekend. She has 39 done and they are really good. I wasn't really planning on meeting many characters, but now she's going to want to do a lot of them so they can sign her drawings.

@ArielSRL , I don't know if you'll see this and I can't even remember if you're the one who asked, but you can use an anytime FP for EE after 7:30. I watched a lot of people do it when I was in standby last night. Btw, EE at night is awesome!
Yes, I saw it...as we were almost done with the standby line!! Oh well. It was probably only about 10 min or so wait bc JB was going on. Thanks for letting me know!

We'll be there one week from today (June 18th)! My granddaughter's first trip (she's 14). Can't wait to see her expressions!

We are flying out Thursday for a quick adults-only trip. Here's our plan so far. We are staying at Pop Century. It has been a while since we have stayed on property. We have been staying at my Mom's timeshare at Bonnet Creek, which has been nice, but it'll be great to be back on property.

Our flight arrives on Thursday at the Sanford airport at 11:19 (got round-trip tix for 2 for $218, tough to beat). We have a rental car that we'll be taking from there. We are going to stop by Disney Springs to pick up a specific item then, if our room is ready, drop off our luggage at the resort. Then off to our 3:30 dinner reservation at 'Ohana. We've never eaten there so we are pretty excited. After that, we head to AK. I know there's been mixed reviews, but we have FPs for Jungle Book: Alive with Magic Show.

On Fri, we will be at rope drop at EP. We'll be spending the day there and having our anniversary dinner at Chefs de France at 4 pm. As soon as we finish eating we are heading to DHS. We booked the dessert party for the new SW fireworks show, should be awesome!

On Sat, we are at MK all day. We have dinner reservations at the Skipper Canteen. I've been looking forward to eating there since they announced the restaurant. We'll take a mid-day break and come back for dinner, parades, and fireworks.

On Sun, we have breakfast reservations at BOG. We haven't eaten there since the year it opened, and we've never had breakfast there. We couldn't get dinner reservations so we settled for breakfast.

It's a quick trip for us. We usually do six days or more, but we'll be back in October for a quick trip with our son.

These next few days of waiting are going to be rough!

Just completed 8 days & are currently driving the 6 hours home. It was a fantastic trip! Rain, heat, crowds... We dealt with all those, but had a FABULOUS time! Being able to add the 4,5, even 6th FP from our smartphone was a huge help! Best improvement so far.

We're on our second full day and having a good time except my DD14 is currently in bed with a sore throat. She did Epcot till 4 but I don't know what she'll be able to handle in coming days. We are at Wilderness Lodge with a view of the castle!

We're on our second full day and having a good time except my DD14 is currently in bed with a sore throat. She did Epcot till 4 but I don't know what she'll be able to handle in coming days. We are at Wilderness Lodge with a view of the castle!
I hope she feels better soon. My 2 yr old got strep but, luckily it was at the end of our trip.

The trip has come to a close. We are settled in for the long drive home. We are exhausted! Disney isn't exactly a relaxing vacation! Haha! A few thoughts for those of you heading out for your trip in the next few days...
1) It rained 7 out of the 8 days we were there. Never did it ruin anything but be prepared. Bring ponchos.
2) It is VERY hot! Disney has lots of places/shows/attractions to cool off but we brought a Frog Togg towel that I had cut into 4 strips and placed them wet in a Baggie every morning with ice. They were wonderful. We also brought a misting fan that fit in our backpack. Most places give you ice water if you ask.
3) Animal Kingdom at night was unique. The 9:00 Jungle Book show was cancelled due to a light rain. We rode Everest instead. Wow! That ride at night in a light rain was crazy! The night safari was good too. And the Tree light/animation was worth stopping to watch!
4) I can't stress enough how important it is to get up and be through security and ready for rope drop. You will get sooooo much done in the 2 hours after opening.
5) We never waited more than 30 minutes for anything during our 6 park park days. Yes, lines were crazy long for many rides but between rope drop and FP+ and being able to schedule more from your phone there was never a need to wait. I can not imagine waiting 1-2 hours for a ride. No way. We rode every single thing at MK (many multiple times) with exception of carousel of progress, enchanted tales with Belle, and Country Bears.
6) Get a jungle juice slushie at Mahindi Snack stand! Yummmmmm!
Have fun!!!

Hey guys! We got back on Sunday. We were in Orlando for 14 days. Stayed off site the first 6 nights and visited water parks and mini golf (both firsts for us) and Disney Springs. Moved onsite for the next 8 nights at AKL. Everything was great. It was very hot and crowded, but totally manageable. We also never waited more than 30 minutes. We did miss meeting Pooh Bear & Tigger b/c their wait was always so long. We got to meet a few new (to us) characters which was cool. Our interaction with the stepsisters was absolutely the best. We were laughing the whole time and so was everyone else in line.
We were at RD every morning (even on water park days) and between the RD time, FP (in afternoon for us) and rider switch we really rode so many rides. My DS rode ToT 6 times. Probably Splash, SDMT and Space about the same...essentially without ever waiting. Everything just turned out great.
Hope those still waiting for their trip have the same experience!

So envious of all your rope drop stories! I planned for rope drop everyday but my dad refused to get up and go with the plan. So incredibly annoying. We were always running 2 hours behind, and by then, good park time had been wasted. I only hope that my husband, next June, will be better with following the plan than my dad, who will not be attending next trip.

Because we were always running about 2 hours behind, we were always playing catch up and it had a snowball effect. We did have a good trip, but we didn't get nearly the amount of things done I had hoped.

If you haven't gone on your trip yet, please heed the advice of rope drop. Believe me, I'm the perfect example to compare the rope drop crowd to. I would read how much they accomplished before we even got to the park and I would cry inside! ;)

So envious of all your rope drop stories! I planned for rope drop everyday but my dad refused to get up and go with the plan. So incredibly annoying. We were always running 2 hours behind, and by then, good park time had been wasted. I only hope that my husband, next June, will be better with following the plan than my dad, who will not be attending next trip.

Because we were always running about 2 hours behind, we were always playing catch up and it had a snowball effect. We did have a good trip, but we didn't get nearly the amount of things done I had hoped.

If you haven't gone on your trip yet, please heed the advice of rope drop. Believe me, I'm the perfect example to compare the rope drop crowd to. I would read how much they accomplished before we even got to the park and I would cry inside! ;)
Oh goodness. That would have driven me crazy! Several times my DH and I would say things like, "my Dad (or your parents) would hate this" or "No one else in our family would be able to keep up with our pace"
I don't think I could do a Disney trip with extended family or friends. I am glad the delays didn't ruin your trip though!!! Sounds like you just went with it!I saw several families yelling at each other or their kids. It made me sad.

Oh goodness. That would have driven me crazy! Several times my DH and I would say things like, "my Dad (or your parents) would hate this" or "No one else in our family would be able to keep up with our pace"
I don't think I could do a Disney trip with extended family or friends. I am glad the delays didn't ruin your trip though!!! Sounds like you just went with it!I saw several families yelling at each other or their kids. It made me sad.
My DH couldn't go this trip and it was originally supposed to be Mom and SIL, which would've been fine! But SIL decided she couldn't afford it so we dragged Dad along to help us (my mom uses a scooter and we also had a double stroller and my two boys) and he just refuses to do anything he doesn't want to. It did drive me crazy at first, but then I just did my best to move past it and accept it, knowing next year should be better with DH.

I did explain to him my logic and shared about the rope drop experiences I read about but it didn't leave an impression. He didn't really want to be there so that was really the first issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter