***The Official June 2016 Thread***

26 more days to go! I am booking fast passes and having good luck so far. I just preordered some of our meals at BOG. I can't wait. I wish I was already on vacation!

We are in Lake City, FL. Stopped here last night. Onto Disney today!! SSR and then MK!

I brought some pants for the boys and a pair of capris for me but no jacket or long sleeve anything. I did bring some pj pants in case the room is cold.

We did get $5 Walmart ponchos.

I remember one evening headed back to the resort on the bus (and it was raining). Being wet and getting on the bus...? Blasting a/c? That was when I wished I had a sweatshirt! lol

@ArielSRL , I don't know if you'll see this and I can't even remember if you're the one who asked, but you can use an anytime FP for EE after 7:30. I watched a lot of people do it when I was in standby last night. Btw, EE at night is awesome!

Leaving in 4 (almost 3) days....eek! I am SO flipping excited but nervous...I haven't started packing yet and I'm having these weird mental moments where I'm ready/not ready.

Does that happen to y'all? Like one minute I'm like "We are going to WDW!! Eeeeeeeee!" and the next minute "It feels so far away....are we really even going?!"

Then I have had a dream just recently where I've forgotten to pack something I need. ugh. Probably because last year I forgot my glasses. Luckily I managed just fine without them but man did it cause a bit of a fight on the drive up to the airport between DH and I.

Oh well! I'm jazzed to go! I have a to do list made...including:
-tidy house up
-pack toiletries bag (I use the Mary Kay roll up bag...LOVE it!)
-pack carry on bag
-pack luggage
-Double check Disney (travel) folder

...Anything else I should be doing? Besides relaxing? Lol.

6 days to go and I have done some more FP tweaking. Yesterday ordered our BOG breakfast. So many things to do here at home but most of them have to wait till the day before. About the only thing I could be doing (besides packing) is get the bills paid up and I don't want to do that!

Almost thought I was getting a sore throat last night but apparently not. DD14 is currently on a choir trip and will only have one day at home in between so I'm hoping she doesn't get run down and sick. One of her hotel roommates is getting over sickness (ugh) so their room is all supposed to get to bed at decent times during the trip. Haven't heard if that is working out...

If any of you got the bb8 awaken summer magic band can I please see a pic of the entire band stretched out? And is the bb8 raised or flat? Thanks!

In 6 days we will be loading up the car! In 7 we will be at Universal! In 8 - at Disney World!

Although since the trip is going to be following us telling our kids about our divorce, I am part excited, part anxious, part terrified... :-/

Magic Kingdom tomorrow! I am currently listening to the rain and gentle winds from the townhouse couch while I try to recover from my food coma after eating at Raglan Road this evening!

Although since the trip is going to be following us telling our kids about our divorce, I am part excited, part anxious, part terrified... :-/

Watch out for this:

You lead 'em back to love
With the velvet glove
'Cause they're much too old for the strap
Straighten up their mess
With togetherness
Togetherness!
The parent trap!

I am on my way right now! Hardly slept a wink but that's okay because I'm going to the Most Magical Place on Earth with my husband and parents! Life is good! I am so thankful to be able to go as often as I can. I'm trying not to cry already!

We leave in 10 days and I'm trying not to freak out. Getting the packing list together and trying to come up with a basic touring plan. I have to do something between a plan and going with the flow or I have mutiny all around. The plan is to be completely packed by next Thursday, house clean and relax a bit on Friday. Maybe going ahead and packing the car on Friday so we can leave Saturday without a big to-do. There are eight of us going so I want to get on the road early.

I keep checking my lines app for wait times at different times of the day. We have NEVER been during the summer. We always go during May. So if beating the heat and making the rides mean dragging my teens out early and then letting them take an afternoon nap then that's what I'll do. I have snagged fastpasses for some of the mandatory (for us) rides and seriously think we can pull off others with hitting Rope Drop and then coming back late.

Just now working on our personalized shirts. I did a ton on our last trip back in 2009 but this time I'm thinking one a piece will do. Instead of autograph books I'm thinking shirts or pillowcases. I have no idea where our autograph books are from the last visits so I'm thinking outside the box. So far they only want face characters so I'm not seeing a big problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter