The What's for Dinner Thread - August 2014 (recipe index in OP)

....I am on the left [with the light green capris and white top] and that is Laura and Marco, from Milano.....they are flying back home as we 'speak'....

.....mmmmm....what am I munching on now? GF corn tortilla chips with habanero hummus....spicy, garlic-y, and HOT but oh-so-good!

....:scratching personally, I wouldn't put fish and risotto together....I like both, but the thought of them in the same dish doesn't appeal to me....:confused3

....veal, pork, or even lamb, yes, but fish......no. I like fish with rice - brown OR white....;) Or pasta, of course! :teeth:

We had a production meeting at a BJ's last night. We had a deep dish Pixar with sausage, meatball, pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers and onions. I had a pizookie for dessert. I think I was 5 lbs heavier on the scale this morning.

Sunday morning. Croissants for breakfast. We have a DS music thing to get to sometime today. I suggested we do a take-away for dinner tonight and the boys agreed. I have no idea what cuisine it will be yet!

Kimmar - that risotto was rather decent. I have pictures; so I'll post the recipe at some stage.

Last day of work Monday!! :cool1:

I really shouldn't be in here but I wanted to post one more time before we left. We got a lot of work done over the weekend. I even got 6 quarts of Granny's green pickles canned. The plans have changed some as we are heading to Lincoln on Thursday instead. I will be taking my IPad so I hope to check in.

PIO ~ The Dr. thought it was because it was her time of the month. But it isn't there now. But they will keep an eye on it.

Alison ~ You just make me laugh - I just love ya!!:rotfl2:

Kim ~ To be truthful I have never had risotto .

WFDT ~ Steak Fajitas with Spanish rice.

Make it a great day and a wonderful week.

Jesus H Roosevelt Christ. I give up posting from my smartphone on threads!

....OMG! I just realized that you meant 'pizza'....:lmao::rotfl2:

...shouldn't it have changed whatever misspelling you had typed in to 'pizzazz'? That is certainly closer to 'pizza' than 'Pixar'....:teeth:

Seems like everyone is busy with life at the moment.

Sorry for being MIA. I had a work trip that I had to make this week. It was hard work but I'm really glad to be home now.

Hope everyone is well.

Fish Risotto

My starting ingredients:

• 400 g white fish fillet (I used Flathead for this recipe)
  • 2 cups Arborio rice
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 cup white wine
  • 3 - 4 cups vegetable stock
  • 2 cups baby spinach leaves
  • Herbs (I used Parsley and Fennel for this recipe)
  • 1 teaspoon of turmeric or saffron
  • 1 tablespoons oil
  • Generous squeeze of lemon juice

Heat oil in a heavy based frypan at medium heat. Add a little oil and fry fish for 2 minutes on each side. Remove fish from heat and reserve for later.

Add onion and fry for two minutes.

Add Arborio rice and stir constantly for two minutes until heated through.

I added the turmeric at this stage. Normally I cook with saffron; but I ran out of saffron in my pantry so I substituted with turmeric instead. Pour in wine and cook until wine has almost evaporated.

Add a little of the warm stock to the frypan, turn the heat down to a simmer and stir until stock absorbed.

Continue to add another ladle of stock and allow the risotto to cook. It took me about 15 minutes before my risotto was soft.

Add the fish back to the pan together with the spinach.

Mix and allow to cook until the spinach is wilted. Add the herbs and stir through.

Add a generous squeeze of lemon to the dish and remove from heat.

My dinner!

Enjoy!

Postcript. You may have noticed that I didn't add any parmesan to the dish. Fish and parmesan do not necessarily go together in my book. Your Mileage May Vary.

princess::upsidedow

....OMG! I just realized that you meant 'pizza'....:lmao::rotfl2:

...shouldn't it have changed whatever misspelling you had typed in to 'pizzazz'? That is certainly closer to 'pizza' than 'Pixar'....:teeth:

It thinks it is smart and learns from words you have previously used. Evidently I wrote about the tour of Pixar that we took enough on the phone for it to learn that word.

Darned frustrating that I don't have time to sit at the computer (Fran's is dead and she is hogging mine). When she is not on it she is badgering me that I spend too much time on it. I think I stole 15 minutes of computer time today.

Dinner was a picnic at the Hollywood Bowl. Sushi/sashimi, then gazpacho, bread with cheese, salami and crackers. I was full but we still had shrimp and cucumber salad, Greek salad, and potato salad left that we brought home. Fran did finish off her surimi salad. I DID have room for dessert at intermission. :teeth:

Alison - Sounds like a fun evening. I'm envious. I think either Fran or you need a new laptop. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter