• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This Is Going To Be So GROOVY!

Our family have absolutely no issues about taking buses and actually enjoy them. But we are very much excited about the gondolas and using them on our next trip in November and we have no issues with the look of the pillars and wires.

We were excited to see the progress last month. DD had me book POP for November in hopes of riding in the gondola’s :D

I am so excited!!! I hope its up and running for our trip mid-August at AoA. I dont think its an eye sore at all. They made the cabins look super cute and disney themed. I am not afraid of riding them. Disney is a pro in the category of safety. Look at all the thrill rides we get on without fear of dying. And how long have people been riding a strange looking train that rides on one track. :)

I have been on gondolas going up snowy mountains including the highest peak in Vermont and absolutely loved it and the view was amazing. Anything is better than waiting for buses and dealing with traffic and the whole round-about system that is involved with getting to the different parks. Its going to save so much time. With that being said, I do hope they get in LOTS of test drives. lol

I’m not a fan. It’s an eye sore. Plus, I can’t help but wonder if they’re really popular, how many people will CMs try to squeeze in one. I’ve already had the unfortunate ride from hell, after having a CM yelling for more people to get in a monorail car that already had a large EVC, plus all seats taken, not fun. And these have no A/C & are strung across the “World” in the sun & heat. Yes I know there are vents, but that’s like saying it’s comfortable rolling down the window when it’s 98 degrees out with 100% humidity. It’s not.
On the other side of the spectrum is my DH, who is excited to ride them & views it like a theme ride.

There will be specific restrictions on how many people can fit and I seriously doubt CMs will try to cram because that would be a serious safety issue.

Probably, but there is a difference between (an example) 8 people which includes 3 average size adults & 5 small children & 8 fluffy size adults. Also, just like everything else at Disney it all falls to the CM on duty & their judgement. We’ll just have to wait & see how it goes.

I’m not a fan. It’s an eye sore. Plus, I can’t help but wonder if they’re really popular, how many people will CMs try to squeeze in one. I’ve already had the unfortunate ride from hell, after having a CM yelling for more people to get in a monorail car that already had a large EVC, plus all seats taken, not fun. And these have no A/C & are strung across the “World” in the sun & heat. Yes I know there are vents, but that’s like saying it’s comfortable rolling down the window when it’s 98 degrees out with 100% humidity. It’s not.
On the other side of the spectrum is my DH, who is excited to ride them & views it like a theme ride.
First, since they are constantly moving, the CM's will not have time to try and "squeeze" more people into one. I heard that they will load pretty much like the people mover. As for AC, right now the buses are the coolest, the monorail's AC is barely even cool, plus most of the time when it breaks down the AC goes off, so to me not much of a difference. I'm with your DH on this:)

I wonder how they'll be in summer when there are constant thunder storms, I don't think they can run if there is lightning? I wish they'd paid the pillars something besides the ugly gray its such an eye sore. I've ridden in those types before for skiing they are fun.

I am not so much worried about it falling into the water or parking lot...what if it just stops?

Have you ever been on the monorail and had it stop for a looong time? YES!

Have you ever been stopped on an attraction and had to be ushered off? YES!

What happens if these stop? Are you just left there dangling in a tiny box with no air conditioner and your kids making it rock way too much and complaining they need to go to the bathroom and then of course, I will get hungry...:guilty::sad2:>:(

Last edited:
What happens if these stop? Are you just left there dangling in a tiny box with no air conditioner and your kids making it rock way too much and complaining they need to go to the bathroom and then of course, I will get hungry...:guilty::sad2:>:(

That would be a yes!lol:)

I wonder how they'll be in summer when there are constant thunder storms, I don't think they can run if there is lightning?
FWIW,we were told by some CMs that the Gondolas are grounded and can run during lightning.

(And word is that Mickey-shaped Valium will be given to Guests as they board the Gondolas during these times!:))

FWIW,we were told by some CMs that the Gondolas are grounded and can run during lightning.

(And word is that Mickey-shaped Valium will be given to Guests as they board the Gondolas during these times!:))
Oh that's interesting. Not sure how safe I'd feel being in one of those boxes during a lightning storm, but that would help them during the summer.

Oh that's interesting. Not sure how safe I'd feel being in one of those boxes during a lightning storm, but that would help them during the summer.
Have you every done a Faraday Cage experiment? Effectively the gondolas should function as one, I would think. And with the system being grounded, which I have no reason to think that isn't true, it will be safe.

Have you every done a Faraday Cage experiment? Effectively the gondolas should function as one, I would think. And with the system being grounded, which I have no reason to think that isn't true, it will be safe.

Safer than on the ground .

Never heard of this so googled it. It looks really cool!

I am not so much worried about it falling into the water or parking lot...what if it just stops?

Have you ever been on the monorail and had it stop for a looong time? YES!

Have you ever been stopped on an attraction and had to be ushered off? YES!

Since we have been stuck on the Red monorail for hours without AC, this is the only thing I would worry about with the skyline. But at least it will not be in a crowded (standing only) monorail:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter