Three Things...Gratitude Thread

(Wed, 3/27) - 3 artistic things, crafts, etc. that you're grateful for
1. Woobles crochet animals. So far I've only successfully completed one, but I got three more for Christmas... I'm only on row 2 of my first one. I should probably fix that. Ha! But they are fun, cute, and easy for beginners.
2. Origami! I like making origami lilies, hearts, and... boxes? lol not really sure what to call the last one.
3. Music. I was going to go with more... tangible ones, but when someone else mentioned music, I decided to go with it too, because you know I can't skip music on one of these if it fits. :)

In honor of:
IMG_0810.jpeg
(and several people mentioning music for the Disney or art categories)

Today's Topic (Thur, 3/28) - 3 music-related things you're grateful for

(This can be specific songs, instruments, places you listen to music, the tech you listen with, whatever you like...)

Disney and music - such a great combo
Eat to the beat concert series I have such wonderful memories one of my favorite bands and all the world big bad voodoo daddy I have seen them so many times where at DISNEY for free !!! up close and personal I mean so close I could touch them!!!
Candlelight processional - the music is so moving again it’s DISNEY it’s music it’s touching it’s memories I am so grateful that I decided one day I want to see this and I’ve seen it so many times and they offer CDs so you can take this home with you and listen to it whenever you want

All the concerts I’ve been to over the years - Rolling Stones / Sting / Micheal Buble / Gloria Estefan / Waylon Jennings / Crosby Stills & Nash / ZZ Top - these are ones I’ve seen multiple times and the countless ones I’ve seen I don’t go to concert so much anymore but I went to a lot of them when I was younger and it was cheaper!

Christmas concerts & Broadway Shows - I’ve seen several I’ve seen a lot of Disney ones I’ve seen a lot of non-disney ones I’ve enjoyed every single one of them - I love going to hear music 🎶

When I was a kid my neighbors played in our symphony so I got to listen to them practice all the time it was so nice
And another thing our other neighbors teenagers they formed a band and it wasn’t like a kid band no it was like a big real band that played local events they practiced every day and they did well into their 20s I got to go and listen to them they were pretty good ! But you could listen to him in your living room they were loud! This would’ve been in the late 70s early 80s I enjoyed listening to that too!! They were pretty good my neighbor was the lead singer she was really good - her boyfriend who became her husband was the drummer ! They did really well for years playing local places !

Another thing I find amazing is people who can play music and sing 🎶 I couldn’t carry a tune in a bucket!!! But I sure appreciate people who can I’m very grateful for them they give me immense joy and pleasure listening to them listen to all kinds of genres if music and I’m very grateful for it !!!

Funny story my mother was always real big on piano playing she couldn’t do it and she always wanted to force me and my sister to learn how to do it we couldn’t do it either I always thought she was crazy with this idea that one of us 3 ( her / my sister / me ) was going to be some master piano player 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 never going to happen my father would just roll his eyes I’m like right there with you!!

Good Thursday Morning!

#1 - Sirius XM and Pandora - I listen to both in my car and at the gym.

#2 - Cast Members that play the piano at Casey’s Corner - they are amazing!

#3 - The Music Ministry at my church - our parish has some incredibly talented people and we are blessed to have them.

https://youtu.be/LhdHevalbAA?si=rD5er5_L2TCPOD2q

God. Privilege of being able I truly pray to worship, serve, witness, qnd love Him dearer through music. His Grace placed extra in my heart worship music. At this time of year I think more of one if not my very favorite church choir anthems. A Channel of God's Love. It is part of a sheet music with another anthem.

Joy of hearing kids singing in church especially and in general.

Dad enjoys playing the piano. He is very classical music knowledgeable too. Brings him joy which makes me happy of course. Not my preferred music but blessing it is his :)

Yay music!!!

1. Annie (The Broadway Musical)- I don't know if I would have latched on to singing as early as I did if it hadn't been for this show. It taught me so much...from pitch monitoring, texturing/shading and tonal quality to note retention and intuitive learning. Shortly after the musical debuted on Broadway, I heard some of the orphans singing on a show on TV. When I heard Tomorrow it was stuck in my head. Unfortunately, as a preschooler, it was the ONLY word I remembered. My poor parents heard me sing that one darn word over and over again until they finally bought me the album. Then I learned ALL of the words...followed by learning ALL of the songs. The neighbors eventually commented about it because it was kind of hard to miss the routine concerts from my bedroom and houses were pretty close together. I know she'd never go for it, but DD17s choir does an annual Pop Show and this year is Broadway themed. She's a senior, so she can wiggle her way into all kinds of numbers, but I'd really love for her to pick something Annie for one of them. Wishful thinking! Side note- to this day, I have mixed feelings about the wildly popular movie that followed the success from Broadway.

2. My favorite instruments- It's a toss up between the oboe and French horn. I've come to realize that some of my favorite passages in instrumental sections feature one or both of these instruments. Just yesterday, I was listening to an Arthur Fiedler conducted version of Shenandoah and had to repeat one passage that was heavy on the French horn a good 10+ times. DD17 had a concert a couple of weeks ago and one of the pieces brought in a professional oboist for a couple of solo passages. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I liked the oboe parts the best 🤣

3. Music by myself - As much as a love it when a good song comes on when we're all together, especially in the car, I love to binge on my favorites or even favorite segments while alone. I think it's why I've always loved distance walking (and running, to a lesser degree). I find a song I really love and can just get lost in it for a while on repeat. It's the same when when I'm driving. It used to be like this when I was home alone. I could just play my music (LOUD) and play something I'm currently into in binge mode over and over again. There may have even been some dancing! 😆

Broadway soundtracks(despite never actually having seen one in person)
Music from theme parks
I was grateful to have a band teacher who would basically let me learn to play multiple instruments without my family having to invest in purchasing or renting them(to be fair-we had a very small band so it was mutually beneficial at times)

1. Annie (The Broadway Musical)- I don't know if I would have latched on to singing as early as I did if it hadn't been for this show.
Oooh - good one! Annie was the first play I was ever in - in sixth grade. (I was not Annie - I can't sing well! - But I was was one of the Warbucks maids, and had a great time.) The second was Camelot, senior year of high school. (I was a lady of the court.) To this day, I love the music from both of those shows!

2. The evolution of music technology. I'm grateful both that I was around for the fun of making old-fashioned mixed tapes, and that we now have Spotify to make creating playlists soooo much easier! :laughing:

3. This game I had when I was a kid:
1711652614949.png
...because the music mode had a song book that translated notes into numbers. I can still play simple versions of several songs on the piano by singing those numbers in my head! :laughing:

Can you guess what this one is? -
444-444-46234-555-55444-66532

Ooh, a music one! 😍👩‍🎤:music:🥁🎷🎹

Music is such a life enhancer, isn't it? It can keep you company almost anytime, anywhere and can help lift you up, or calm you down. I've come to appreciate composers, musicians, singers more and more.

Music performances, I've loved and still appreciate: -

The anniversary concerts for Les Mis, including the staged concert. It makes you laugh, makes you cry and the music at the end is sooo invigorating. Genius!

A few years ago I was in the car park of a local town and a (marching) bagpipe band appeared. I don't know why they were there, but it was brilliant!

"Belle" from Beauty and the Beast (unsurprisingly!) is a favorite of mine. Brings up so many personal memories.

ETA: Annie was a favorite of mine as a kid! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Oooh - good one! Annie was the first play I was ever in - in sixth grade. (I was not Annie - I can't sing well! - But I was was one of the Warbucks maids, and had a great time.) The second was Camelot, senior year of high school. (I was a lady of the court.) To this day, I love the music from both of those shows!

2. The evolution of music technology. I'm grateful both that I was around for the fun of making old-fashioned mixed tapes, and that we now have Spotify to make creating playlists soooo much easier! :laughing:

3. This game I had when I was a kid:
View attachment 846095
...because the music mode had a song book that translated notes into numbers. I can still play simple versions of several songs on the piano by singing those numbers in my head! :laughing:

Can you guess what this one is? -
444-444-46234-555-55444-66532
Is it Jingle Bells?

Music

1. I'm grateful for getting to hear my mom play the organ at church for my entire life (until she stepped down a year or so ago). Still grateful for our music team at church. We have so many talented people to work hard to bring us beautiful music each week!

2. I'm grateful for our local school's music program. They do such a great job of putting on musicals for the entire community to enjoy. A school district about 20 minutes from us just announced that they are cutting their music program next year due to budget cuts. I feel so sorry for their community. So many kids enjoy and thrive with their music.

3. I'm grateful for being able to listen to music on my way to and from work each day.

Happy Friday! :wave:

#1 - Softballs 🥎 - You all shouldn’t be surprised about that answer. As my DD20’s softball career is getting closer and closer to the end, I reflect a lot on all the great memories I have because of her playing this sport. The friends I’ve made, the laughs my DD and I have had, the tears I’ve wiped away, the successes I’ve watched her have and so on. It’s been a great 13 years.

#2 - The Sun - A nice sunny day always makes me feel so good. I especially love it on a summer day when I’m off work and can be in the pool.

#3 - My Wedding Rings - This is plural because my DH has bought me different anniversary rings throughout our almost 29 years of marriage. I have one that he bought me for our 20th that is so pretty - I only wear it in the summer when I don’t have gloves on. I don’t want the gloves to mess with any prongs on it. I lost a stone in my Mother’s Ring due to that happening, so now I’m very conscientious about wearing certain rings during certain times of the year.

Lazy Susan’s - wonderful things ! I use them all over

Balls - my pets love balls - I have a bunch my dog constantly has one in his mouth !!!
Hours of entertainment!!

Tires 🛞 always need a good set of tires on your vehicle 🚗 I’m grateful for my tires especially when we have thst nasty stuff I hate so much ❄️❄️❄️😡

Another vote for softballs- DD15 was just cleared from her injuries. I still have all kids of anger and concerns over school ball, but I’m hoping DD can safely work back in so she’s ready for her crazy summer schedule with her travel team. It’s amazing how much we miss our travel ball fam.

Donuts- They aren’t the healthiest of treats, but they are tasty. We have a chain here called Shipley that we all just love.

Wheels/Tires- starting to get travel anxiety over my eclipse drive on 4/8. So, I’m going to give a shout out to what keeps my vehicle rolling and pray we get there and back safely. Other wheels like this ones on my office chair, luggage wheels and the ones to roll my walking pad at my home desk are also pretty great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter