train???

hannymom

Mouseketeer
Has anyone heard when the Disney train will start running again in the Magic Kingdom?

No word but it can't reopen till Tron is finished. So a while yet is the answer. I don't think Tron is far enough along for them to give any update on the Railroad. I suspect once it is, they will update the info on Railroad and that announcement will be everywhere

I'm for one am very disappointed that the MK train is still down due to Tron. It's been almost 5 years since the train last made it's run around the MK. We were there in January 2022 (this year), and we were told by a cast member that the reason the train isn't running yet is because they built the tunnel that the train will run through Tron too small. I don't know if this is true but if it is the person/persons responsible should be fired. Is there anyone here who has a credible source of information to confirm or deny this theory?

Yup, I am a train guy too. I go to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA a few times each year and ride the train there to get my fix.
Off topic but have you ever been on the Western Maryland Scenic RR? Runs from Cumberland to Frostburg and back. Lots of fun and you live pretty close.

There's one at AK if the route to Rafiki is still running

It was running in Jan 2022, we did a round trip all in on sitting on our last visit to AK. It's not quite the same as riding the train at the MK. I liked doing a complete circle around the MK then getting off at Frontierland.

Another thing I hope is up and running by Christmas. My wish came true with the character breakfast returning to Crystal Palace. Now I just need the train running again. I definitely have missed it. MK doesn't seem the same without it.

Thought I read somewhere recently that MK train wouldn't be running again until mid-2023. Relates to ongoing Tron construction that is still underway. You can probably search for that thread and it might have more specifics relating to timing.

No word but it can't reopen till Tron is finished. So a while yet is the answer. I don't think Tron is far enough along for them to give any update on the Railroad. I suspect once it is, they will update the info on Railroad and that announcement will be everywhere
I'm not sure it has to wait for Tron to be completed. They were installing some scenery yesterday I believe and it's possible they could hide a great deal of the ongoing construction with the kind of huge trees they were installing. I hope so! My grandson is 10 and has absolutely no memory of ever riding the train.

I'm not sure it has to wait for Tron to be completed. They were installing some scenery yesterday I believe and it's possible they could hide a great deal of the ongoing construction with the kind of huge trees they were installing. I hope so! My grandson is 10 and has absolutely no memory of ever riding the train.
It is getting close!

I saw a report a few weeks ago where they were testing out the Train on the tracks by Storybook Circus.

It has been so LONG-I think the Train is going to feel almost like a brand new attraction for everybody!

To celebrate the return of the Train I wish they would bring back Magic Kingdom Welcome!

With the heavy equipment around there they had to wait to a certain point of completion. Totally completed and ready to open? Not necessarily. But close I'd say. At least till it's safe to run the train through the area. That's pretty far along. It has nothing to do with what you see, it's what's safe

With the heavy equipment around there they had to wait to a certain point of completion. Totally completed and ready to open? Not necessarily. But close I'd say. At least till it's safe to run the train through the area. That's pretty far along. It has nothing to do with what you see, it's what's safe

While I agree that of course it has to be safe, Disney tends to be pretty picky about construction areas being visible to guests- for several reasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter