Trans couple too afraid to go to Florida - how accepting is Disneyland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're in Delaware so WDW is significantly closer to us, but we're both way too afraid to set foot in Florida. My wife brought up the idea of going to Disneyland in California. How accepting are they? I just assume we'd be safer there than in Florida.
First off, I am sorry you even have to consider where to go based on how cruel people can be.

I do feel that you will be fine in the "Disney" bubble. I hope that you will be fine wherever you go and I just don't understand the hate people can have in their hearts.

I have seen many gay couples holding hands just like hetero couples. I myself don't like holding hands in the FL heat...lol.

I hope you have a great holiday no matter where you decide to go experience Disney.

Me and one of my other visibly queer friends were at WDW this past week and we felt safe in the bubble.

I completely understand where you are coming from, we just avoiding leaving the bubble other than being in the airport. I would not risk renting a car or anything in case something were to happen.

Another friend of mine recently visited Disneyland and said she feels much safer in CA than she does in FL.

It sucks we have to live like this, hopefully, the world will change soon. Sending lots of love

It sucks we have to live like this, hopefully, the world will change soon. Sending lots of love

I dearly hope that younger generations--teens and 20ish--who've grown up as Pride events and openly LGBTQetc. people became more common--will build a better, more inclusive society than we have currently.

Many of these younger generations grew up with a friend or classmate who had same-sex parents and didn't comprehend why that's not simply who those parents were. Just "Taylor's moms" or "Sydney's dads" to them.

I remain hopeful that "Familiarity breeds tolerance" will soon overcome the suspicion and hatred so rife in America currently.

We're all people trying to live our lives as best and authentically as we can.

Oh man those conservatives spreading negativity while the LBGT community spread nothing but love. Looking form the outside in why is it always a trans person going into a woman's restroom causing issues and not a trans person going into a mens restroom. I wonder why that is and what could be the problem. Same as a trans person dominating a woman's sport but not a mans sport. I personally don't care how you want to live your life but live your life and don't push it on everyone else to accept your reality. Also when you go into a public restroom and believe a parent is going to allow a grown man in the women's restroom with little girls you are sadly mistaken. It's not about your life choice it is about your choice at that time to go into a space that majority of parents would have an issue with. Live your life and be as happy as you can but we all have limitations on how we are accepted by others. You will never make everyone in the whole world accept you only the rare few that will enjoy allowing us into their lives. I can't believe someone would not go to Disney World because they are scared of going to Florida to visit because of Desanti's!!!
I’ve never understood these stupid bathroom arguments. So trans women should use the men’s room? And trans men should use the women’s? Like, trans men with big beards and muscles who’ve had top and bottom surgery? This is what you’re arguing for.

The bathroom argument is infuriating. Just let people pee in peace! Don't worry about the genitalia of anyone else in there. The trans folks aren't out to get you or your children. They aren't "pushing their lifestyle" upon you. Give me a freaking break!

By the way...you've been using public restrooms with trans people your entire life. You just didn't know or care until now.

The bathroom argument is infuriating. Just let people pee in peace! Don't worry about the genitalia of anyone else in there. The trans folks aren't out to get you or your children. They aren't "pushing their lifestyle" upon you. Give me a freaking break!

By the way...you've been using public restrooms with trans people your entire life. You just didn't know or care until now.
I just got back from Europe. Many restrooms were for any sex. It wasn’t an issue. It wasn’t a problem in the US, either, until Faux News said it was.

The entire bathroom thing is about appealing to emotions. Politicians have to keep people distracted or their constituents might realize they're not solving real issues.

Great response to anyone that doesn’t believe exactly what you believe. I’m sure if you actually read and thought about what I wrote that would be that I didn’t say anything bad or hurtful just the truth.
the idea that you believe you did not say anything hurtful just proves my point all the more about character.

But hey I know, some folks don't have much going on... so doing this kind of trolling activity is the way to get your kicks. Enjoy!

Last edited:
This whole post breaks my heart. No one should have to live in fear and question going on vacation because of who they are. I’m sorry this is your reality.
I think you will be ok at WDW and inside the bubble, but I’m not sure about the rest of Florida. Look at who is running the state. DL and California are definitely the safer option.
Listen, you can’t live in fear of what others think. You are going to encounter rude people in your life. You need to learn to deal with it.

I just got back from Europe. Many restrooms were for any sex. It wasn’t an issue. It wasn’t a problem in the US, either, until Faux News said it was.
Well from everything I’ve heard, the bathroom stalls in Europe are not like in the US that have such short doors and cracks that anyone could see through. That really does make a difference. I don’t honestly think there would be an issue in the US if businesses changed their bathroom stalls to be like European ones.

Again, trans women aren’t men so your argument is moot.
Interesting many people who get upset about the bathroom "issue" seem to be the ones actually checking out other people in the bathroom and worrying about who is using the facilities based on their equipment.

What happened to do your business, look straight ahead, washup and leave? I grew up in an unairconditioned Miami house with 6 siblings and my parents. Two bathrooms between nine and lots of incidental nudity that no one suffered any ill effects from.

I was at the movies today and there was a man in the women's bathroom. He needed a bit of assistance and there was a woman waiting by the sinks to help him. Coming out of the restroom was a woman and her maybe 7 or 8 year old son.

Two males in the women's bathroom. Neither of which caused me any concern. I honestly would not have thought anything else of it except for this thread.

Situations like I described or men identifying as a woman (or similar) does not concern me. People just need to be able to go to the bathroom.

I was at the movies today and there was a man in the women's bathroom. He needed a bit of assistance and there was a woman waiting by the sinks to help him. Coming out of the restroom was a woman and her maybe 7 or 8 year old son.

Two males in the women's bathroom. Neither of which caused me any concern. I honestly would not have thought anything else of it except for this thread.

Situations like I described or men identifying as a woman (or similar) does not concern me. People just need to be able to go to the bathroom.
I remember taking my oldest niece to the MK before there were family bathrooms. I would have to take her in the mens room beacuse there was no alternative at that time. Eyes ahead, we did our business, washed up and left.

She just needed to go the bathroom as you said.

All the bathrooms in America except at places of public accomodation are Unisex.

Last edited:
Plus didn't that guy who wishes to be king sign some new gun law? Anyone can carry a concealed gun in FL without a permit. Now with the want to be king's minions thinking they're running the show I don't think many will feel safe.

Combined with Florida's insane stand your ground laws, there is no way I would go to Disney if I were trans since someone can simply say they were "threatened by me" when they shoot me in the lobby of the hotel where there are not metal detectors.

Combined with Florida's insane stand your ground laws, there is no way I would go to Disney if I were trans since someone can simply say they were "threatened by me" when they shoot me in the lobby of the hotel where there are not metal detectors.
Especially with so many people claiming trans people are "groomers." I wouldn't put it past some people to think the mere presence of a suspected trans person was threatening their child. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter